Sharing is caring... necromancer style

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zelfic.1594

Zelfic.1594

Ok, random (and surely not new) idea. Since supporting our party via “sharing boons” apparently doesn’t fit with our theme, what if instead of that we just share some of our traits passively?, we already do that with Vampiric Presence, letting our allies siphon health. What if we share some of these too?

Spite
- Spiteful Renewal: Consume conditions to gain health when you strike a foe below the health threshold.
- Close to Death: Increases damage to enemies below the health threshold.

Curses
- Barbed Precision: Critical hits have a chance to cause bleeding. Increases bleed duration.
- Target the Weak: Increases critical-hit chance for each condition on your foe. Gain condition damage based on your precision.
- Parasitic Contagion: A percentage of your condition damage heals you.

Death Magic
- Putrid Defense: Take less damage from poisoned foes.
- Corrupter’s Fervor: Inflicting a condition on a foe grants stacking toughness and reduced incoming condition damage.

Reaper
- Decimate Defenses: Striking a foe with vulnerability increases your critical hit chance.
- Cold Shoulder: Chill lasts longer, and chilled foes deal less damage to you.

Is this a viable option? What if our allies only got watered down versions of their effects? (i.e. Decimate Defenses giving 2% per stack to the Reaper and 1% to his allies) What other trait would you want us to share? Would this change as a whole be enough to fix our PvE-party problem and stop us from being the ugly selfish duckling?
Take a chill pill if needed, and discuss.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

These are all too strong to share. It is far better for us to get dedicated support options instead of kitten hybrid changes that end up with weak support and weak self buffing. Things like Blood is Power becoming real support. But overall the biggest problems we have with support is we just don’t have places to “fit” it, and also we technically CAN bring lots of support, it is just in forms that are currently worthless in PvE or builds that can’t function in PvP.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

These are all too strong to share. It is far better for us to get dedicated support options instead of kitten hybrid changes that end up with weak support and weak self buffing. Things like Blood is Power becoming real support. But overall the biggest problems we have with support is we just don’t have places to “fit” it, and also we technically CAN bring lots of support, it is just in forms that are currently worthless in PvE or builds that can’t function in PvP.

25 Stacks Might +150 Power + 170 Power Banner are not too strong?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Nice strawman.

Decimate Defenses is at least 5x better than spotter, as an example. Most if not all of the listed traits are already strong enough being balanced around only 1 person getting them, and you’re going to argue that them being made 5x stronger is balanced. Good luck with that.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Ilharn.6813

Nice strawman.

Decimate Defenses is at least 5x better than spotter, as an example. Most if not all of the listed traits are already strong enough being balanced around only 1 person getting them, and you’re going to argue that them being made 5x stronger is balanced. Good luck with that.

That was just a comparison to PS warrior. You can add some banners if you want. And these benefits comes from 1 person… That was not a comparison to Spotter. Some classes seem have tons of support and the only one who don’t.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

- Spiteful Renewal: Maybe. There are a lot of ways to spread condi cleanses to allies so this might be ok to make AoE. Cooldown would probably have to jump to 10 seconds, though. The Necro’s self-cleansing is already pretty strong so this might be ok.

- Close to Death: Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck no. No darn way. Way, way, way too strong, particularly since many other professions already have a damage boost like this. The Necro would become a mandatory component of all speed-running groups for this trait alone. That’s not good for game diversity.

- Barbed Precision: Bleeds are kinda weaksauce right now, though, so I don’t see the point. Its usefulness would also swing wildly depending on how many teammembers were running condition damage builds. This might be interesting if the bleeds used the Necromancer’s condition damage (but showed up on the ally’s damage readout). Regardless, the effect would probably have to be nerfed to allow this change; it might be ok if each ally (but not the Necro) had a 1- or 2-second ICD on the Bleed proc. Dunno. Might be interesting.

- Target the Weak: The bit where precision goes up based on the number of conditions on our foe might be ok, but it puts us into direct competition with the Ranger’s Spotter trait. I’d prefer for us to give something more interesting than raw stats.

- Parasitic Contagion: Either useless or hilariously OP depending on the teamcomp. I’d pass, even if it could be tuned properly.

- Putrid Defense: Hmm. It is just a stat boost (+11% Toughness, essentially), but I actually kinda like the idea of making this AoE. I’m not sure how many groups would really care about a little bitty boost to Toughness. Only the Guardian has a group Toughness buff as a trait (IIRC) and I don’t believe it sees a whole lot of use. It would probably need to be nerfed if it were made AoE, ideally 10% damage reduction for the Necro and 5% for allies, but Anet doesn’t like splitting group buffs like that.

- Corrupter’s Fervor: It would be very difficult to tune this in such a way that it wouldn’t be OP as a group buff but still worthwhile as a solo buff.

- Decimate Defenses: Same problem as Target the Weak.

- Cold Shoulder: Poison is pretty plentiful which is why I think Putrid Defense could potentially work, but Chill is much harder for most builds to access so I’m less inclined to think this would be balance-able.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The worst part of this is that they give up to 250 healing power as well.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Ilharn.6813

Healing, Toughness+Vitality, Presicion…. Anything lost?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Healing, Toughness+Vitality, Presicion…. Anything lost?

150 condition damage when using for great justice or battle standard (if the ele does not prevent it).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deep_Strike

EverythingOP

(edited by Tim.6450)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezkiel.7059

Ezkiel.7059

Decimate Defenses would be just too strong it would mean prema crit for whole party even with 25% for other pt members.

Close to Death – Lot of classes already have their version of Close to Death so dont see that one happening.

Barbed Precision – Same thing some classes have similar trait to this one.

Spiteful Renewal i dunno maybe if they made it similar to Blood Bond but ICD would probably get hit in that case and trigger is 25%hp things die rather fast once they drop below 25%hp so its kinda pointless.

Target the Weak – Maybe if condition dmg was shared but i get feeling it would become fixed amount instead of %.

Parasitic Contagio – We already have one shared Vamp trait so i’d say why now but once again i get feeling this would get nerfed then.

Cold Shoulder/Putrid Defense – Other classes got similar thing but then again if its shared to whole party it makes it what chill/poison + weaknes, its basically the same thing the only thing that i wonder in those is if they stack togather for necro.