Should I end my exile?

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

As many of you know, I went on exile from the game for 2 months because of the unjust nerfs to the necros, like Mark of Blood, because purely on Dhuumfire.

Now with the new Living Story happening, I am temped to come back.

The balancing of the necros are nowhere in sight. I highly doubt my exile will speed things up. So it is becoming pointless.

So should I come back? Please vote yes.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

If you want to be disappointed by future necro nerfs, then by all means come back and join the party. There ARE necro nerfs looming in the future, so keep that in mind if you decide to spend the rest of winter here.

Teef master race

(edited by borrok.9267)

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

The biggest nerf incoming is to Dhuumfire. So… Cause for celebration? Idk.

I say come back. Because things are fun. And things.

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

Once you go you’ll be curious on GW2, Once your here You’d want to leave. Pick your own poison?>

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Come back.
Bad necro’s complain about the dumbfire nerfs should make you feel better since you can laugh at them.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

borrok.9267

You are calling a large majority of necros bad with that statement.

Teef master race

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Did I rustle you jimmies because I speak the truth?

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m not sure what your preferred method of play is, but I see no reason not to come back. GW2 offers so much more, in my opinion, than most other MMOs have even come close to that I particularly enjoy. I can do basically anything in the game and have a good time because it just feels good to play.

So you lost a stack of bleeds on an ability or two in sPvP, or the burning duration went down a few seconds. The game isn’t perfectly balanced. No game is going to be, really. If you enjoy the game, enjoy a class, and have the commitment to playing a certain way, odds are you can make it work.

Don’t sweat balance changes so much. Game balance flows in and out like a tide for every class. It’s better to just work in adaptations on your end than to expect someone else to do what you want.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

There is their promise of tweaking the death magic line that I’m assuming will be along with their list of nerfs, but maybe it’ll open up a couple builds.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Hi CHIPS, haven’t messaged you in a long time, but I wouldn’t really suggest coming back. I think if there was a more timely horizon or more clear picture of where they want the balance to go, and what the game will ultimately look like that wasn’t so far out, it would be worthwhile.

However, the duration on the next balance patch is far enough out for me personally that I am more likely to be scouting new game releases rather than holding my breath for what could or could not be a features patch that breathes life back into the game.

I still enjoy playing, but every day gets a little more stale, and it is much more frequent I just choose to take the night off.

Unlike most people I don’t crave buffs or nerfs to the class directly, but the changes to the runes and sigils, WvW, and at least some of the PVE content. Seeing as how that is a very long way off, I wouldn’t say much is different now than 2 months ago, and not much will change in the next two months.

If you are still around in Late March or Early April, there may be something really impressive to see, but who knows.

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

ESO comes out April 4th, so there will have to be something VERY impressive changed about the game to keep me interested by that point.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

This year is really going to be the make or break for GW2 they have gotten away with it previously as there was nothing new or worthwhile to go to.

But there is a few games coming out this year and for me im not really overly impressed by Wildstar or ESO to the extent I would move away from not paying a sub to actually paying one. On the other hand ive not been impressed at all by the first patch of the new year and if they continue on in this vein then I can’t see myself lasting.

But back on topic, if you arent playing anything just now and you are really bored then I don’t see a reason why not to come back. It doesn’t cost you anything to come back and take a peek on how it is, but in terms of if there is anything new then nope there is not alot new from the past 2 months.

And from what I gather from other posts the next feature patch isn’t coming around until April at least as they are wanting to concentrate on the final run in to the living story. So dont expect much from the next few patches either.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

(edited by Scarran.9845)

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

borrok.9267

Did I rustle you jimmies because I speak the truth?

I don’t play conditions. That aside you aren’t stating the truth, you are stating an opinion. There is a MASSIVE difference between the two.

Teef master race

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Yo dude, wait another 2-3 months, then theyll roll out a massive balance patch and we all hope to fix necro, right now it aint really bright. I would suggest rolling a ranger if you wanna play gw2 but not a necro.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Yo dude, wait another 2-3 months, then theyll roll out a massive balance patch and we all l hope to fix necro, right now it aint really bright. I would suggest rolling a ranger if you wanna play gw2 but not a necro.

Healthy curiosity here. Why ranger?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Yes Stx, you are correct

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Honestly, Ranger suck atm, as it always been.
If anything, consider Ele after next patch, they may be a little bit more viable with D/D.

As for OP – if you seek only for PvP, then I’d say not really. It’s still fun, but meta is still kind of the same, however they move in rather good direction. For necros – I see many trying various build combinations, including Power specs (tpvp even). It’s better than 3 months ago.

If you want to PvE also, I think it’s good time. Big story patches upcoming, we recently got 2 pretty fun bosses, ANet is progressin in this matter, no doubt.
Overall LS is still a little childishas for story, but they’re trying to involve players more in lore via various NPCs, giving some story to LS NPC heros… I quite enjoy it

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: jpersson.7368

jpersson.7368

If you should come back, is up to you. I’ve started to see a correlation between forum whining and my enjoyment. The more people whine, the more I like it.

I felt WvW was in a better place Q4 last year than earlier. I felt I contributed with my condition builds (both with and without Dhuumfire), and I had fun doing it.

If anything, I feel necromancers lack in build diversity, and I can see a need to review our defensive trait lines.

There’s a lot of discussion about the announced changes, but I treat them as vaporware for now. We don’t have any details yet, and even if we had, we need time to settle in with the change. Ask me again mid March or something =)

Relax… nothing is under control

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Zombie voice: Joooooiiiinnn usssss

Me: But i want to play my thief o.O

Zombie voice: Jo0o0in the sinking neeeeecroooo classssss

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Roll a ranger, I did and I don’t regret it. Having so many evades, blocks, stuns, endless dodging, invulnerabilities….oh its like a breath of fresh air. I tried doing the warrior thing for a while but I would fall asleep at my keyboard after the first 5 minutes. Strangely enough I would awake to find I landed several victories while I was asleep…go figure.

I don’t know what awaits us in march, it may be good, or it may bury the necro once and for all. Until then I’ll keep working on my ranger. Almost got him map completion already and working on his ascended gear now. Just don’t go read ranger forums lol. Those guys have no idea how to play their own class.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chuck Nizzle.6283

Chuck Nizzle.6283

Yes. Come on back…it still isn’t perfect, but hey, what profession is? (FYI, this is a rhetorical question…)

But yeah, after they nerf dhuumfire, things should be looking up. No more OP condition builds spending 30 points in spite.

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Try another class and come back. Games rather stale if you stick to one class. I go through phases of which ones i prefer to play. Few months ago i was playing warrior all the time, then ele. And now i like switching between guard, warrior and necro.

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Ranger because they kinda have the same essence of necro (part of your power is proxied, conditions play a important role and you have to kite, high healing potential and cleanses o 6 skill), but have a reflect, evades, vigor invul and easier time with weapons (as long as you turn off sword 1 aa).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

All right, Chips. I have been refraining from any encouragement but it sounds like you are interested in the Living Story and the next Necro-pervation.

Play it.

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Roll a ranger, I did and I don’t regret it. Having so many evades, blocks, stuns, endless dodging, invulnerabilities….oh its like a breath of fresh air. I tried doing the warrior thing for a while but I would fall asleep at my keyboard after the first 5 minutes. Strangely enough I would awake to find I landed several victories while I was asleep…go figure.

I don’t know what awaits us in march, it may be good, or it may bury the necro once and for all. Until then I’ll keep working on my ranger. Almost got him map completion already and working on his ascended gear now. Just don’t go read ranger forums lol. Those guys have no idea how to play their own class.

This is funny because I had pretty much the exact same experience. I leveled a Warrior to 80, and it was soooooo easy to play and very powerful, but I was dying of boredom.

Then I watched a couple Ranger WvW videos, and it inspired me to try one. My Ranger is currently at 55% map completion and I plan on getting to 100% with him, very fun class. Lots of evades, great attrition(HELLO!), and the thing I like the most is.. mobility. I can’t describe how nice it is to be able to Swoop every 10 seconds for 1100 yards. Also, Rangers have really nice defensive cooldowns… traited Signet of Stone is awesome, so is Protect Me(with the right pet), and Greatsword #4 can block attacks every 12 seconds traited.

I have heard for a long time that Rangers suck at everything, but it seems to me they just lack build diversity. Their melee PvE build is really great to have in endgame, better than Necro anyway, and Rangers can also roam like a pro.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

OMG. rediscovery of why ppl RMT w/ Ranger! I remember thinking, “Rngr 2 facerollol!”

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Rangers are a really strong class, but 90% of the people you run into don’t play to its true PvP strengths.

That aside, I hated Ranger, and I haven’t looked back to my Warrior after playing Necro. I find the mobility doesn’t matter to me because I’ve tasted mobility, and all it means is living from a fight you might have otherwise died in. As it stands, that means nothing to me, because dying means nothing to me. It’s all about the fight, and Necro is the one with the delightful toys.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Haha I would actually play an engineer if I start another class. That was my class in GW2 beta.

I tried a warrior a few months back. Got her to level 23 and stopped playing due to boredom. It is true, super boring. The boring story of the Sylvari didn’t help.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I did engi for a while too, and it’s really not all that bad. They are riddled with tons and tons of bugs though, almost as bad as necro. Plus the toys they have that are the most fun are usually the most worthless in the hardest fights (turrets, bomb kit, and a myriad of toolbelt skills that could be awesome but are just either bugged to hell or underwhelming- and yes I know turret build is popular in pvp but honestly it’s not that good). I do still play my engi from time to time though, it would be my close second after ranger now. Try em both, you might decide you like engi better, who knows.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

The day I get the same satisfaction from condition bombing or tossing out a well placed epidemic and seeing all those numbers go up would be the day I’ll move from this class =p but hey to each their own.

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I find it incredibly pointless to go on “exile” from a game because you’re not satisfied of your profession’s state.
I mean, really. It’s a game. If you’re not gonna play it, you’re only punishing your self.

Should I end my exile?

in Necromancer

borrok.9267

I find it incredibly pointless to go on “exile” from a game because you’re not satisfied of your profession’s state.
I mean, really. It’s a game. If you’re not gonna play it, you’re only punishing your self.

If you are not satisfied with your professions state, playing the game won’t make that better. Playing a game you are starting to dislike is punishing yourself, NOT playing a game you are starting to dislike is rewarding yourself with less frustration.

Teef master race