Should I go zerk or...

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

…wait to see how patch plays out? With the new specialization/traits/elf manslaughter weapons/whatever coming along, I’m wondering if I should use all the CoF effigies for some zerk armor, or wait to see more builds come along and what reaper and GS will add to our playstyle.

Also, non-necro related but I’ll save the forum another topic, should I make a legendary now, or wait until HoT? I heard you’ll be able to make the precursor weapons for legendary weapons.

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

PvE will always have a play for zerk, unless Anet goes insane.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I want to say that if condition builds become a thing, the desirable stat will almost certainly be Sinister, maybe with some mix of Rabid/Dire, so IMO you wouldn’t end up wasting CoF dungeon tokens on Zerker armor, because you wouldn’t be using them to get Carrion or Rampager’s gear (the other two stat array available with CoF tokens) for PvE meta anyway.

As for Legendaries, if you know which current legendary you want, I’d start collecting everything except the precursor now, and once you’ve finished that, decide if you want to buy the precursor off the TP now, or wait until HoT and do the precursor crafting instead.

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Wait till patch.

By the way, decking yourself up in zerk armor and stuff is very cheap, unless you’re aiming for best runes and sigils.

If you plan on running dungeons with PUGs, investing your money in speedrun zerk gear is imo not worth it. They won’t give a kitten weather you run legendary or rare gear.

They heard somewhere that Necromancers suck and they won’t change their mind unless you show up with greatsword or some of PvE speedrun gurus tell them that Necromancers aren’t bad.

So you can run really anything you want while waiting for clarification after patch.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

By the way, decking yourself up in zerk armor and stuff is very cheap

My ascended set cost me 800g.

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

By the way, decking yourself up in zerk armor and stuff is very cheap

My ascended set cost me 800g.

It’s pretty logical that by “cheap” I meant exotics. He’s talking about exotics.

Think before you post.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Think before you post.

No.

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Unless you wanna do some high level fractal there is no reason to craft ascended armor and most exotic equipement are cheap. I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t give a go to some zerk armor set (at least to try). And like bhawd said, it’s unlikely that they will change the way the dungeon work currently so it won’t be a waste.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Unless you wanna do some high level fractal there is no reason to craft ascended armor and most exotic equipement are cheap.

Even for high level fractals, ascended armor is not mandatory.

I have 2 infused rings, and the infused backpiece. (45 AR)
then the other 3 trinkets (15 AR)
ascended dagger (5 AR)
ascended focus (5 AR)

That totals 70 AR. I can swap these weapons between all my toons (the ones that can use dagger/focus anyway). I couldn’t do that with the armor. Also, having ascended weapons is good, as it’s like a 5% damage increase. Armor means a miserable damage increase.

Still, the ascended backpiece costs like 250g, 50g each 10AR infusion…. that’s 500g, and around 50g per ascended weapon (of which i have 3) means 650g spent just to be able to do fractal 50. So much for not gating your content behind a grind wall, anet.

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I want to say that if condition builds become a thing, the desirable stat will almost certainly be Sinister, maybe with some mix of Rabid/Dire, so IMO you wouldn’t end up wasting CoF dungeon tokens on Zerker armor, because you wouldn’t be using them to get Carrion or Rampager’s gear (the other two stat array available with CoF tokens) for PvE meta anyway.

^^ exactly this

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

You should have a exotic armor set of zerk.

Do not invest in ascended armor until after the new traits are tested. The few stat points don’t matter anyway unless you are hardcore pve min/max…. and if thats your style playing the wrong class.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

You should have a exotic armor set of zerk.

Do not invest in ascended armor until after the new traits are tested. The few stat points don’t matter anyway unless you are hardcore pve min/max…. and if thats your style playing the wrong class.

This. If you care this much level an ele and consider making ascended armor. Even then, your best off waiting till they change things because it’s pretty expensive. Meanwhile you can get exotic armor, weapons, and trinkets with a few days of dungeon running, or world bosses.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Reaper’s GS will be a zerker weapon, so you can already buy a zerker armor for it.

But you can wait till upcoming balance and see if Condimancer’s getting viable again.

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Zerker is fine. But wait for a bit before building ascended armor. Things might change enough that pure zerker wont be ideal. There is the possibility that Valkyrie will be a great option for reaper from what it looks like. Though that does pigeonholed you into very specific trait lines with little freedom for choice. Zerker gives you a bit more options to work with something else. Personally, I’m going to build both. But I’m crazy like that.

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

I would go ahead and craft the component items like vision, lesser vision crystals, bolts of damask, etc in preparation…instead of just waiting. You can then use those items to craft the optimal set at the point when they finally reveal the semi-finished product.

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Berserker exotic is a good investment. You can also enjoy new armor skins if you do not have CoF, already.

There will be many builds for Necromancer without condition damage because it requires scepter and/or Curses. Necromancer will have plenty of power build options in comparison.

Should I go zerk or...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Reaper’s GS will be a zerker weapon, so you can already buy a zerker armor for it.

But you can wait till upcoming balance and see if Condimancer’s getting viable again.

I dunno, I can see it going both ways, though it would depend on how good Deathly Chill will be, since Reaper GS will have Chill on it’s AA chain.

Still, it’s completly safe to get a set of exotic Zerk armor now, especially if you’re using CoF tokens to get it.