Should Necromancer's get the dot burn?

in Necromancer

Posted by: wbonetwo.2196

wbonetwo.2196

What does the community think about necromancer’s getting the burn DOT ?

maybe it could be a proc off one of the scepter or staff skills?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ichor.9360

Ichor.9360

Hmm, I’m gonna say no (Who’s with me?!).

For one, it isn’t very necromancer-y (IMO).

For two, I don’t think we need any more conditions.

And for three, I think they should keep the sort of exclusivity certain conditions have in this game – I like how not every class has access to every condition. Seems fair and intuitive to me.

Sorry…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Have to agree with Ichor that burning is not very Necro-like. I do want a special curse that other professions do not have. There are a lot of possibilities, though. Maybe the simplest to implement would be the drunken waviness affecting vision. Change Signet of Spite to Signet of Rotten Egg and have it cause a wavy screen. Two stacks of the same curse might cause involuntary hurling. Add Epidemic and, even without affecting people’s HP, it would be awesome to at least watch in WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

You can get it as a charr by using the charrzooka.
Also there are several runes that apply burning.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Just the effect that burn has isn’t in line with the conditions necromancers apply, which are all very long duration, whereas burn is more of a burst condition.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Soul burn. Like Ghost Rider. Uses all life force and damage is scaled to how much life force you have. Make it DS#5

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

And for three, I think they should keep the sort of exclusivity certain conditions have in this game – I like how not every class has access to every condition. Seems fair and intuitive to me.

Sorry…

Oh you mean how we were supposed to have fear, but infact everyone else does it better?

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: wbonetwo.2196

wbonetwo.2196

Or how about making our bleed have a burst effect proc? After x amount of bleed stacks allow necromancers to explode the dot.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ichor.9360

Ichor.9360

Sorry…

Oh you mean how we were supposed to have fear, but infact everyone else does it better?

Haha, I’m with you on that. Though we do have access to more than one fear. Still doesn’t feel right does it?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

I think burning fits. Maybe not in GW2 universe, but our universe. Flames, like the flames of hell… or burning corpses that eventually into piles of bones.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Lore aside, it doesn’t really fit in with the kind of conditions we apply. Burning is a short duration (most burns are 2-3 seconds) condition. Necromancer conditions are quite heavily towards long duration things (look at our bleeds, we have relatively low stacks of really long duration), so burning wouldn’t really fit with what we do in that sense.

But if you really need to apply burning, play MM with an elementalist buddy, and have your bone fiend and flesh wurm fire through a fire field for 3 duration stacks of w/e duration it is every 4 seconds.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Breckmoney.6387

Breckmoney.6387

I think so, but that’s probably because I come from a line of necromancer’s dating back to Everquest, where fire was a very prominent condition. Maybe it doesn’t fit in perfectly with the GW2 Necro, but I think it should be an option.

Anno [GAF] – SBI

in Necromancer

Posted by: Apollo.7583

Apollo.7583

Make it green and I think it would be cool. Though we have fear as a dot for our burst condition. But again we dont have too many fears to work with on that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

That’s a good reason to pair a necro with a ranger if you want fire.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Just use corrupt boon on aegis = burn.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Or how about making our bleed have a burst effect proc? After x amount of bleed stacks allow necromancers to explode the dot.

thats how i imagined Feast of Corruption to be like
something that gives you a burst depending on how severy dotted the enemy is

for the topic: no, no Burning. i think our conditions are fine, except for some fear-durations and the lack of a fear-utility (and no, corrupt boon/WoC dont count…)

edit: and weakness could maybe need a buff.

Lore aside, it doesn’t really fit in with the kind of conditions we apply. Burning is a short duration (most burns are 2-3 seconds) condition. Necromancer conditions are quite heavily towards long duration things (look at our bleeds, we have relatively low stacks of really long duration), so burning wouldn’t really fit with what we do in that sense.

did you just post exactly the same stuff twice? >.<

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

There really is no point to burn at all in this game. It’s just equivalent to 5 stacks of bleed (roughly). It’s not like it has a secondary effect like poison. If there weren’t a 25-stack limit to bleeding then we could just call them both “degen” and there wouldn’t be a difference.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

did you just post exactly the same stuff twice? >.<

Pretty much. I forget what I post/don’t post sometimes.

My PvP Minion Build