Should necros have stealth ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

I was playing around with my mesmer and then later my thief yesterday and it got me to thinking . i wonder how stealth could be put in for necromancers and how much that do for the class . so i sat down i thought of key situations that would cause a necro to benefit from using stealth but also thought of how it would make them to powerful .

so i thought maybe a 6 second stealth on a 60 second timer would help in some regard cause then it would give it enough time to heal it self or create enough distance so that it could help in some manner of re setting a fight . im not sure as to much much stealth a necro would need for survive ability but i do notice how much it helps out my mesmer

i also notice engies use stealth also and it helps them a lot . so what do you guys think ?

(edited by lorndarken.3702)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Stealth is the exact opposite of what Necros should ever get.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I wouldn’t be opposed to us getting a smoke field somehow, but not stealth directly.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Harpy_Feathers_

This is as good as I have been able to find.

I agree with Bhawb: Stealth is kind of a mobility skill so the odds of it happening are pretty low.

With no way of actually leaping or whirling on land and almost no combo finishers, Necromancer has always been bad at taking advantages of fields. Maybe the new weapon will have a leap but mobility skills run against the profession’s design “rule” even though we have Dark Path, which should count as a leap but does not. My gut tells me the reason DP is not a leap is because the balance team did not want Necromancer to get armors, auras, or extra healing.

Perhaps the new weapon will open up an option for using fields on land, other than staff’s AA and Putrid Mark, or minion projectiles.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Its not even that it is mobility, but stealth exists as a mitigation for “squishy” builds. Imagine if Guardian or Warrior got stealth, it would be absolutely ridiculous. Same for Necro.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Its not even that it is mobility, but stealth exists as a mitigation for “squishy” builds. Imagine if Guardian or Warrior got stealth, it would be absolutely ridiculous. Same for Necro.

Engineer is hardly squishy and they have access to it.

Stealth conveniently solves one of the major problems the class has: pealing. With no mobility or knockback, stealth would at least give the class an answer to being trained down.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Engineers have extremely limited stealth, and mostly through blasting. Also Engineers are not as “manly” as Necromancers are. Necromancers are designed to take the damage thrown at them, shrug it off, and keep going. Now regardless of the current balance of it, stealth is the exact opposite of the design that ANet has in mind for us.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spazza.6024

Spazza.6024

You could always use:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Infiltration

I always toy with this idea… I was thinking of trying a build like:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAndWjc00abxN22whjiaBRqYQnIwsoKR593A-TZhBwAAOFA92fIyDAIzRAYcZAA

Pretty much keep its a finisher build for team play. 32% extra damage while opponent is under 50%hp. Lots of chills for kiting, good stun breaks, that invis if hit below 20% hp (although this one you will have to kind of keep an eye on) and lots of LF generation… Also for extra survivability I threw in Dark Armor for Axe 2 spam.

Necro Main – Spazzcromancer
Necro Alt – Spazza The Troll

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I dont think necros need stealth but i certainly wouldnt argue against it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I think the only stealth necro really needs is stealth buffs.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)