Shouts. On Immersion.

Shouts. On Immersion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

This is gonna sound a bit off. And to the people that only care about combat MECHANICS you may be thinking “why should I care” but bear with me.

This first instance this happend was in Verdant Brink. I had been afk for a minute only to be attacked by a mordrem stalker. Those of you that have been hit by these know they can melt your health pretty fast. So I came back and used the heal shout.

When it attacked it started off by shouting “Mordremoth will take you” or something similar to that. It was what qued me in that I was being hit actually. And when I hit my heal it sounded almost as if my character was responding to that with “Your Soul is MINE!” That psuedo interaction between my character and the mob made that fight seem much more real to me than many of the others.

In WvW I was being ganked by a pair of thieves. I guess tehy didnt realize what I was. I ended using “You are all Weaklings” in order to reduce there damage and prep me for a big hit (got them both with rs5 followed by 4 with the bitter chil trait on. Much damage was had). And again I was struck how fitting my “response” was to that event.

In TPvP an engineer I was hitting popped out his tool shield. I ended up using “Nothing can save you!” and AGAIN at that moment the fight felt alot more personnel.

I guess what I wanted to say was. Significant kudo’s to the developers of the shouts as well as the voice actors involved. These utilties (even if I wasn’t in love with there functionality) have actually made my necro more immersive to play on a personnel level for me. And im going TO HATE seeing them go. I guess ill just have to “Suffer!” through it I guess.

Ghost Yak

Shouts. On Immersion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

What ive heard from charr necro sounded okay. not awesome, but at least not too embarrassing.

Though i still think “You are all weaklings” is probably the lamest sounding shout in existence.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

Shouts. On Immersion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Navi.9308

Navi.9308

What ive heard from charr necro sounded okay. not awesome, but good enough.

Though i still think “You are all weaklings” is probably the lamest sounding shout in existence.

I wish the shout was just “You are all weak” the ‘lings’ part is what makes it sound childish and lame to me.

Shouts. On Immersion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Yeah, those feel a lot better then Guardian shouts. I mean using “Retreat” while attacking is not really immersive.

Shouts. On Immersion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Yeah, those feel a lot better then Guardian shouts. I mean using “Retreat” while attacking is not really immersive.

You’re just using it wrong :P

I wish the shout was just “You are all weak” the ‘lings’ part is what makes it sound childish and lame to me.

“You are all weak” isnt that much better.

I was just looking up GW1 shouts to see if i find something better, but havent found anything.
Off topic: But there was quite some funny and cool stuff when it came to shouts:
Vocal Minority

Motivating Insults
Maddening Laughter
Enemies Must Die!
You Move Like A Dwarf!
Can’t Touch This!
Go For The Eyes Boo!
I’ll Be Back!
I Was Meant To Do That!
I Will Survive!
It’s Good To Be King!
It’s Just A Flesh Wound!

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Shouts. On Immersion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

What ive heard from charr necro sounded okay. not awesome, but good enough.

At least on my male Charr, it’s just stated so matter-of-factly. I don’t feel like I’m taunting/crushing my foes when I shout it, I feel like I’m calmly explaining that they are, in fact, weaklings.

Shouts. On Immersion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I just love the sound of the shout “Nothing Can Save You!”… too bad the effect is very situational.

[qT] Necro main.

Shouts. On Immersion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

You’re just using it wrong :P

It’s not the only way I’m using it. Most of the time is just a mobility skill, as well as sometimes Save Yourself. Both not really immersive.

Glad necro got shouts that make sense in more situations

Shouts. On Immersion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Related.

(& This is not really a reaper issue and more of a shouts with cast time issue)

I am doing map completion with a ranger and I’ve set “strength of the pack” to autoattack, which means that it is frequently firing and being cancelled, and my Ranger is yelling nonstop.

This is the most annoying thing ever. It is like trolling yourself its so bad.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Shouts. On Immersion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nscarpenter.9341

nscarpenter.9341

I don’t know, I feel like Human male shouts are little underwhelming. They just don’t sound very threatening.

Shouts. On Immersion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

i think the voice acting on the norn and human reapers are pretty bad – they dont sound immersive…well one does

Shouts. On Immersion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Ahh. I was playing a human female so maybe that had some effect on it. It’s possible that the human female voice just resonated with me better. Since I see we have some fairly mixed responses here.

Ghost Yak

Shouts. On Immersion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i dont like how characters are shouting these so calmly and peacefully. casually :c