Shroud bug 2017

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Died again in pvp because I had a entire fight where everytime I tried to shroud it would instantly eject me from shroud with shroud on full cd. Happened twice in a row.

This bug occurs on a daily basis, and I am tired of losing fights because of it.

Please ArenaNet put a 1/4s CD on exiting shroud, it would fix this eternal bug without affecting the class.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Is it a bug?

I thought it was my mistake and costed me death twice in wvw. Can’t go shroud in the middle of a fight is dead or live situation.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Are you sure you’re not double tapping shroud? Maybe your keys/mouse have worn to the point that they’ve started double tapping.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

Are you sure you’re not double tapping shroud? Maybe your keys/mouse have worn to the point that they’ve started double tapping.

I’m positive it’s not double tap. If I was having double tap issues, I’d be having “skill recharging” text all over the place when using class mechanic skills on other classes.

I have a similar issue with thief weapon skills going off twice. I suspect the cause is the same for both issues. I doubt all of my 1-5 buttons are worn out on top of Shift+1.

YouTube

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Okay then. I’ve just yet to witness it though, and I’m on my necro for 99% of my playtime.

I will say I am absolutely 100% dead against any kind of split second cooldown upon entering shroud. They already tried it with reapers shroud in beta and people hated it.

If it is a bug, hopefully anet will fix asap and that will be the end of that.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

I will say I am absolutely 100% dead against any kind of split second cooldown upon entering shroud. They already tried it with reapers shroud in beta and people hated it.

Not on entering shroud. On exiting shroud.

As in you enter shroud, but will not be able to exit for another 1/4th second after you entered.
I honestly cannot think of a situation where you would willingly want to enter and then exit shroud within a quarter of a second.

I say this because I’ve been told in the past that the bug is because the game will “queue” skills in order to making casting more fluid. However with instant no CD abilities like the enter-exit shroud the game will sometimes both activate the ability and queue it at the same time.

YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

tried recreating this “bug” for about an hour to no avail. And i have occasionally situations where im at full ds and full health where i “flash” DS to proc either the curses gm or the spite gm or for fury. Back in the day there were actually builds that flashed DS

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

tried recreating this “bug” for about an hour to no avail. And i have occasionally situations where im at full ds and full health where i “flash” DS to proc either the curses gm or the spite gm or for fury. Back in the day there were actually builds that flashed DS

A quarter second ICD is not going to stop you from “flashing” You can’t even complete the auto in a quarter second. Just stop and think about how long a quarter second is.

I’ll make a note to run OBS next time I pvp so that I can show it.

YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

This actually happens to me quite often but I know that it’s basically my own fault because my hands get a tiny bit spazzy when I focus and from adrenalin(which is in almost all cases is because of pvp).

I solved this by myself by using a macro on my keyboard and it works really well. Replace the standard click with a macro that does the same thing but adds a delay. 0,2sec worked well for me. Never had any problem since. if you own a mechanical keyboard with a software that allows for this, than it’s worth a try. Might fix what you are experiencing or prove that it is a bug.

edit: spelling

(edited by DTATL.9641)

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

WATCH OUT SOMEONE IS GOING TO REPORT YOU FOR USING MACROS NOW!!!

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

DTATL.9641

macros ain’t against terms of service as long as long as it’s one click of a button equals to one action in game. As long as you follow that rule you are fine. So the likelyness of me getting banned for that is minimal.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

macros ain’t against terms of service as long as long as it’s one click of a button equals to one action in game. As long as you follow that rule you are fine. So the likelyness of me getting banned for that is minimal.

excuse me sir i was being facetious

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

DTATL.9641

excuse me sir i was being facetious

I know but I’ve seen enough people on the forums to know that some will actually believe you. So I still think it’s worth pointing out.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

As in you enter shroud, but will not be able to exit for another 1/4th second after you entered.
I honestly cannot think of a situation where you would willingly want to enter and then exit shroud within a quarter of a second.

I say this because I’ve been told in the past that the bug is because the game will “queue” skills in order to making casting more fluid. However with instant no CD abilities like the enter-exit shroud the game will sometimes both activate the ability and queue it at the same time.

Yes that’s what I said. They added a cooldown, in beta, so you couldn’t doubled tap shroud. And people hated it, they they removed it.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luciferior.4802

Luciferior.4802

In regards to the shroud kicking you out sometimes this happens in relation to the Unholy Sanctuary trait Idk if you use it or not if you do I note you said it happened a lot during a fight but sometimes when people use that trait and they get low the trait procs when the player doesn’t expect it they panic and drop shroud I play necro my self I don’t encounter any bugs where I enter shroud and it getting canceled early unless I fat finger it and cancel my self I will note sometimes the ping in the area I am currently in affects my shroud going off a lot sometimes ill be in a laggy instance ill press my shroud key it wont go off then suddenly itl pop up and ill have already hit shroud again canceling it and it will be on CD if none of that has any relation to your specific shroud issue then nvm my post

Do what thou wilt

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

In regards to the shroud kicking you out sometimes this happens in relation to the Unholy Sanctuary trait Idk if you use it or not if you do I note you said it happened a lot during a fight but sometimes when people use that trait and they get low the trait procs when the player doesn’t expect it they panic and drop shroud I play necro my self I don’t encounter any bugs where I enter shroud and it getting canceled early unless I fat finger it and cancel my self I will note sometimes the ping in the area I am currently in affects my shroud going off a lot sometimes ill be in a laggy instance ill press my shroud key it wont go off then suddenly itl pop up and ill have already hit shroud again canceling it and it will be on CD if none of that has any relation to your specific shroud issue then nvm my post

I don’t use Unholy.

YouTube

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I play Reaper in PvP daily, and I haven’t seen this bug, I would check that a button isn’t stuck, you said you have Shift+1 , if this is for Shroud, check the shift key isn’t sticking, so when you go into Shroud and hit 1 again it isn’t auto cancelling Shroud.

Not saying its not a bug, but I haven’t seen this, and I know several other players who primary a necro in PvP who have not seen or managed to replicate this bug.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

I play Reaper in PvP daily, and I haven’t seen this bug, I would check that a button isn’t stuck, you said you have Shift+1 , if this is for Shroud, check the shift key isn’t sticking, so when you go into Shroud and hit 1 again it isn’t auto cancelling Shroud.

Not saying its not a bug, but I haven’t seen this, and I know several other players who primary a necro in PvP who have not seen or managed to replicate this bug.

I did some tests. When I activate shroud the shift button gets held down for ~50-90ms. The 1 button gets pressed ~5ms after shift down and released 5-10ms after being pressed. The shift hold down is long, but it shouldn’t matter since auto isn’t what I’m going to be using when I first enter shroud.

I’ve heard of other players having similar problems. It seems to be a problem limited to certain players.
However just because it’s limited doesn’t mean it’s not a bug to be fixed. I used to do modding for other games, and one of my mods had a issue where a small handful of clients had this bug where there UI icons where 15x their intended size and covered the entire screen. I could never replicate the bug.

YouTube

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

i only use 1 button to go in shroud and never have this problem. try switching your macro to one key and see if you can take a video recreating the bug. would help if you could also have a key logger visible to make sure your not double tapping.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Posted by: Klaeljanus.7695

Klaeljanus.7695

Yes that’s what I said. They added a cooldown, in beta, so you couldn’t doubled tap shroud. And people hated it, they they removed it.

As I recall, it was hated because the condi builds had no reason to stay in shroud, but benefited from the fury that entering shroud provided.

Now that condi builds have a reason to stay in shroud, that issue probably doesn’t exist for most builds.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

As I recall, it was hated because the condi builds had no reason to stay in shroud, but benefited from the fury that entering shroud provided.

Now that condi builds have a reason to stay in shroud, that issue probably doesn’t exist for most builds.

And flash shroud builds too. If it is a bug then anet should fix it. If not then I see no reason why anet should cater to people who can’t stop themselves double tapping shroud. That would make it a l2p issue. Same with those that run Unholy Santuary but tap out of shroud when it procs because they panicked.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Posted by: Black Storm.6974

Black Storm.6974

I main a Necromancer and I never had this bug, this not necessarily means that it doesn’t exist.
A cooldown on exiting from shroud would be a great nerf, even if only 0,25 seconds, there’re build that would be trivialised by a similar nerf, good builds that only few people are using right now.
What arenanet shouldn’t do is to restrict playable build even more.
1- 0,25 sec cooldown is enough to lose 4% life force+ the damage you’ll take in this time…
2- 0,25 sec cooldown would require player to spam F1 due to flash as fast as possible…
3- 0,25 sec cooldown would be a nerf of many traits: life from death, weakening shroud, spiteful spirit, beyond the veil, foot in the grave, and many others things like sigil proc etc.
If you use only meta builds, or if you are not a good necro, please just stop asking to nerf things and to reduce build viability, that is just too low.

(edited by Black Storm.6974)

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

So I had posted a similar thread in the thief forums awhile back because I have similar issues with some of their skills. I got this as a response.

In the July 26th 2016 update they added the ability to hold down keys to activate skills multiple times. There was a lot of complaints for Revenant facets double activating so they fixed it after a month. As far as I know other skills which can double activate haven’t been adjusted like Shadowstep or Spectral Walk.

This explains my issue, since my shroud problems only started in the past several months. When I tested my keys awhile back I noted that I had unusually long keydown times.

It’s not a double press issue, it’s a keydown issue. I guess I’m going to have to look into seeing if it’s possible to create a macro to fix keydown duration.

Or Anet could just fix everyone’s skills like they did facets.

YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Or Anet could just fix everyone’s skills like they did facets.

No!

Being able to just hold down button 2 on keyboard to spam gravedigger below 50% is a huge quality of life thing. I don’t want to mash buttons in bossfights!

I mentioned it before in another thread: Pls ANet don’t change mechanics because of some peoples L2P issues. I never had the OPs problems.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chuska.5671

Chuska.5671

This suddenly started to happen for me too. Before i knew when i accidently double tapped, but in last match I missed shroud 3 times in a row! And didn’t notice any double taps. The I thought it was because i did too long tap, but i tested and pressing F1 down continously doesn’t stop shroud. (Wasn’t able to use shroud 5 times total in a match.)

I don’t know if it matters but happened on Forest of Niflhel.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Posted by: Okami.7049

Okami.7049

I can confirm it’s started happening to me as well, and I use a Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gamepad that’s brand new. Never had a skill/ability double tap in any other game and I’ve changed up the hotkeys, always happens with Shroud. It’s not consistent, but I did get downed a couple of times against a few Bloodcrazed Champs because my Shroud would hiccup and leave me completely vulnerable. I’ve never had this problem before, and I even tested to see if it was just cuz I was hitting my Shroud button and the ability I wanted to use too quickly but it doesn’t seem to matter.

“Plz Anet don’t change mechanics because of some people’s L2P issues. I never had the OPs problems.” That was the most selfish thing I’ve read so far on these forums. It has nothing to do with L2P issues, that alone makes you look like one heck of a jerk, it has everything to do with an issue in the actual game itself. I’ve been playing this game for 2 years now, I know my hotkeys, rotations and timings thank you very much and I’m pretty sure the rest of us having this issue are also past the learning stages of the game. I even fail to see how pressing a button once has anything to do with L2P, if anything it has to do with a hardware malfunction (which mine’s not the case like I’ve stated). I also tend to have the same issue pop up when I try to play Thief, my first skill (doesn’t matter if it’s Dagger or Sword) likes to double tap on its own no matter what hotkey I assign that to, and it’s a more common issue than Shroud here.

Mechanics may not need to change, but your lack of tact does. There is no need to be looking down on other players, especially in one of the best MMOs of 2016. Btw that Gravedigger idea would actually be perfect, I hope they implement that at some point.

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

been weeks still unable to reproduce this bug.

• update forgot to add im also using a key logger in an attempt to recreate. still unable to **

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Yeah, I noticed some frustration this week with triggering Shroud. It appeared to me as the user error of double tapping. Though somethings changed in a way that’s either causing instantaneously leaving of shroud or a delay that’s causing me to double tap to trigger shroud. I’ve been running many Reaper’s in the new map and thru the latest Living Story this past week and noticed this occurring.

I will pay more attention and be mindful of when it occurs.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

For the record, holding F1 does not pop you out of shroud, after hopping into it.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

using a key logger i am unable to reproduce this bug the only time i pop out of shroud is when i press the key twice.

In conclusion i think you should all not hit the button twice.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

using a key logger i am unable to reproduce this bug the only time i pop out of shroud is when i press the key twice.

In conclusion i think you should all not hit the button twice.

Again: it has nothing to do with pressing the button twice, and that’s speaking matter of factly from my end. My Orbweaver has mechanical keys, meaning I’d have to fully let up on the key, then press down again for it to be considered user error. I’m literally just pressing the button once and immediately moving to my next ability while it decides to randomly double tap. There’s times where it’s completely fine, and times where it’s not. If it was mechanical/user error, the issue would be more consistent at the very least but it isn’t. This issue is ONLY happening with insta-skills, meaning any skill without a delay timer such as Thief and Shroud. Any other class this NEVER happens on. Just because you fail to recreate the problem doesn’t mean it’s non-existent.

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

my keyboard is mechanical as well still unable to recreate bug, and thats speaking matter of factly from my rear end. It would really help if anyone saying this bug exists could please make a video of the bug while using a key logger. It would help to see exactly whats going on with the key logger vs whats happening on screen.

update i even have an orbweaver tried doing it with that too still cant get it to pop me out without the key logger showing me hit it twice.

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

At the end of the day though, even if it is an existing bug, why would anet give shroud a minor cooldown to prevent it? They’d fix the bug and that would be the end of it. The OP definitely has an agenda here. That’s what I have a problem with.

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

I don’t want an ICD either, I’m just saying it’s something that’s affecting more than just one person. Also, I have no idea what a key-logger is or where to find one (if it’s a software of some kind) because I’ve never ‘had’ to use one before. My Shroud button, if you’re truly using an Orbweaver, is the Alt button above the thumb wheel. Very audible when it clicks and requires respectable force to press (not much but it’s not like a ‘tap and done’ deal).

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Key logger is a very simple program that just records what keys you press. It would help to have a video of the key logger and the game up to make sure you are really only hitting the key once.

And I do actually have an orbweaver bought it a while ago thinking it would be great for this game but for some reason I can’t get used to it. But my keyboard is also mech corsair k95

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

Shroud bug 2017

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

Key logger is a very simple program that just records what keys you press. It would help to have a video of the key logger and the game up to make sure you are really only hitting the key once.

And I do actually have an orbweaver bought it a while ago thinking it would be great for this game but for some reason I can’t get used to it. But my keyboard is also mech corsair k95

I’ll look into it, though now I’m only having issues with Shroud and no other Profession like I stated earlier. Orbweaver took me a little bit to get used to, but now I can’t play with anything else. Nothing wrong with a keyboard though, neither of the two is superior/inferior to the other.