Shroudstomp3: A Dagger Necro WvW Gank Movie

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Entertainment style and tongue-in-cheek.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

Bleh, can’t edit the original post.

Shroudstomp 2 is still in the works and will feature 1v1s against thieves and warriors. I’ve posted the INTRO and OUTRO to that movie here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Intro-Outro-for-a-Necro-vs-Thief-Warrior-Movie/first#post691690

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

plz tell me ur build lmao wow ive never seen a necro pvp vid ever. untill now u are just wrecking ppl can u tell me ur set up and build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: MysticoN.5068

MysticoN.5068

Nice vid, but i guess you died or ran for your life after the first 3-4 kills. Strange but i realy liked the song

Keep the movies comming

MysticoN – 80 Necro
Draci – 80 Guardian ( on hold)
-Far Silverpeak-

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.3645

Cempa.3645

How long did it take you to edit the video so every stomp happened as the song went ‘die b*t*h’?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Visionary.5681

Visionary.5681

Skill is Skill Nice video Ooz

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zintair.1987

Zintair.1987

Last tier of WvW? pretty good but the players you are fighting are really bad. 80% just sat in your wells. Solid play though you should jump a few tiers I think you;ll find the WvW a lot more rewarding.

my 2 cents and nothing against your playstyle or video which I thought were both very good.

[ISA] – Commander
80 Necromancer – Zintair

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

Last tier of WvW? pretty good but the players you are fighting are really bad. 80% just sat in your wells. Solid play though you should jump a few tiers I think you;ll find the WvW a lot more rewarding.

my 2 cents and nothing against your playstyle or video which I thought were both very good.

No offense taken. Keep in mind that the reason a lot of people sit in the well is because they are rooted and dazed there.

I’ve played against the “top” servers, the players there aren’t any more skilled than the players at the lower teirs. Zerging requires no skill. What you find on the lower teirs are small guilds that came down to play together (since there are no queue times). There are A LOT more small group fights in the lower teirs which actually require far more skill than zerging around.

I’m not saying those players are in this movie, however. It is a gank movie, afterall.

Being a top teir server means you have better 24-7 coverage, not better players. I know this from direct experience.

in Necromancer

Zintair.1987

No offense taken. Keep in mind that the reason a lot of people sit in the well is because they are rooted and dazed there.

I’ve played against the “top” servers, the players there aren’t any more skilled than the players at the lower teirs. Zerging requires no skill. What you find on the lower teirs are small guilds that came down to play together (since there are no queue times). There are A LOT more small group fights in the lower teirs which actually require far more skill than zerging around.

I’m not saying those players are in this movie, however. It is a gank movie, afterall.

Being a top teir server means you have better 24-7 coverage, not better players. I know this from direct experience.

I won’t disagree with this. It also comes as no surprise that you came from these higher tier servers. Your Dodges are spot on, meaning you understand the various classes and what they will be doing to you. Main citation being at least 3 Dodges in your video where a hammer smash would have meant differently. They are just awesome and you slowed the video down to showcase em.

I think it’s really tough to nail down WvW Server vs Individual Player Skill so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. But I want to consider the option that we might be arguing apples to oranges.

Ganking is the theme of your video. Not zerging. Zerging requires multiple people while ganking is 1v1 or small group. Thus we are not necessarily arguing server coverage but individual player skill on a server basis. While to be a top tier you need coverage. But coverage alone when everyone has it isn’t enough. Those people have been fighting non-stop for weeks, whether zerg or not.

My only point was you can’t think that the last Tier WvW servers are going to have the highest average % of individual player skill as opposed to higher tier. The best player in all of WvW could be in the last Tier of servers but I have trouble swallowing skill is = across servers. Especially when a lot of my old DAOC and WAR buddies are in T 1-3.

[ISA] – Commander
80 Necromancer – Zintair

(edited by Zintair.1987)

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

The cool thing about the lowest teir right now is that you get to know people. I’ve lost a good number of 1v1s against people playing very solid builds. They aren’t in this movie since it’s a gank movie. I don’t kill good players with good builds in a single well/root/daze combo.

I can tell there are a lot of small guilds who focus on small group fighting that have moved down. They all run very solid builds that are extremely difficult to fight (as a necro) – mostly d/d elementalists, condition mesmers, and stealth healing thieves (of course).

I’m sure the highest teirs have a ton of great players. It’s just harder to find small fights there. I prefer 5v5 or lower. Also, there is alot to be said for being able to log on and instantly enter WvW with your friends without having to sit in a queue.

I’d strongly recommend the lower teir servers for people who are looking more for that roaming DAoC group versus group feel. That can be sustained on the lowest teir server but not on the uppers, IMO.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Can you tell us what gear/jewels you’re using for WvW? Knights, berserkers, valks? If you want to keep it secret, thats fine too. You can always PM me with the infos. I won’t leak it.

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: brogarn.8723

brogarn.8723

Heh. You certainly nailed tongue in cheek. The music was great.

in Necromancer

Zintair.1987

The cool thing about the lowest teir right now is that you get to know people. I’ve lost a good number of 1v1s against people playing very solid builds. They aren’t in this movie since it’s a gank movie. I don’t kill good players with good builds in a single well/root/daze combo.

I can tell there are a lot of small guilds who focus on small group fighting that have moved down. They all run very solid builds that are extremely difficult to fight (as a necro) – mostly d/d elementalists, condition mesmers, and stealth healing thieves (of course).

I’m sure the highest teirs have a ton of great players. It’s just harder to find small fights there. I prefer 5v5 or lower. Also, there is alot to be said for being able to log on and instantly enter WvW with your friends without having to sit in a queue.

I’d strongly recommend the lower teir servers for people who are looking more for that roaming DAoC group versus group feel. That can be sustained on the lowest teir server but not on the uppers, IMO.

This is actually good news. I always did like the group vs group. But group vs zerg is also very fun haha

[ISA] – Commander
80 Necromancer – Zintair

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hitchhiker.9251

Hitchhiker.9251

looking at ur builds from youtube it looks like you use knight gear with dolyak runes, and then berserker accessories and gems?

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

That’s the sPvP set I’m using which is a bit more offensive than what I use in WvW. In WvW, I mix and match to balance things out a bit between power, precision, vitality, toughness, and crit damage with a bias towards power. I’ll post my stats tomorrow.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hitchhiker.9251

Hitchhiker.9251

What servers or tier would u recommend for small man rvr action? i am on jade quarry been there since beta and rvr just is horrible cuz i always solo or duo, and it’s either i can find a fight get the person downed then am over run by a zerg before i can finish the stomp. or i just get straight up zerged down. spent all last night respawning, it was getting tiresome. so i want to go to a server with better solo/duo roaming action and such.

in Necromancer

Posted by: konggorilla.2643

konggorilla.2643

That’s the sPvP set I’m using which is a bit more offensive than what I use in WvW. In WvW, I mix and match to balance things out a bit between power, precision, vitality, toughness, and crit damage with a bias towards power. I’ll post my stats tomorrow.

Just saw the vid. That is amazing.

Can you post your stats/armor/traits?

in Necromancer

Posted by: DrXer.2918

DrXer.2918

Nice. Actually watched the whole thing and that’s high praise. Awesome music synch.

Xryl Xyn, Tsarcasm, SoR

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khalifahaze.6045

Khalifahaze.6045

Not trying to knock on you here because I love seeing other dagger necros, I believe it to be one of the strongest builds…but I mean half of the people in this video are just trying to run away from you, not very hard to kill people that don’t really fight back. On another note gj thou dagger ftw!

QT Khalifa [Cute] – Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: LoVeRSaMa.3289

LoVeRSaMa.3289

Not trying to knock on you here because I love seeing other dagger necros, I believe it to be one of the strongest builds…but I mean half of the people in this video are just trying to run away from you, not very hard to kill people that don’t really fight back. On another note gj thou dagger ftw!

I use a Bloodfang with Life Steal and Accursed Chains these models are friggin kitten, allows me to own pretty bad, I am power/prec at the moment, with lots of crit damage, with lots of life steal, but this build is abit crap at the moment, so need to try revise it :P

[SinS] Clan Leader – www.SinfulShadows.com – Stormbridge Isle – Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: DigitalBAZOOKA.3940

DigitalBAZOOKA.3940

Iv watched all your necro vids and still have no idea about the build

Be the change you want to see in the world