Sigil help

Sigil help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Onalim.1954

Onalim.1954

Hey guys, what do you reckon would be the best sigils to use with this build?

10/20/0/20/20
~Spiteful Talisman
~Chilling Darkness, Spectral Attunement
~ …
~Dagger Mastery, Vamparic Precision
~Spectral Mastery, Unyielding Blast

Dagger + Warhorn/Axe + Focus

I wear mainly Knights armour with a few Berzerker trinks.

Sigil help

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

A sigil of air and force on each set, with a 5th weapon with sigil of bloodlust for stacking is a simple setup for more damage. Or put bloodlust on one of the main weapons if you’re lazy, or if this is for pvp.

Sigil help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Onalim.1954

Onalim.1954

Sounds good, I’ll definitely give it a try.
Just a question of something I’m not sure of. Say I have sigil of air on my focus and force on the axe. Will I still do light strike when I crit with my axe or just my focus moves?

Sigil help

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Whats your crit chance at? I generally use a sigil of accuracy in my mainhands unless im over 50% crit chance or not using a crit build.

If you do dungeons I wouldnt recommend stacking sigils like bloodlust. Better to go for flat stat boosts like sigil of force.

Sigil help

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Sounds good, I’ll definitely give it a try.
Just a question of something I’m not sure of. Say I have sigil of air on my focus and force on the axe. Will I still do light strike when I crit with my axe or just my focus moves?

The lightning strike should proc with any of the weapon skills aslong as you are currently using the weapon set with that sigil. So both axe and focus skills have a chance to proc the sigil.

Sigil help

in Necromancer

War Mourner.5168

Sigils apply to all skill, so yes, any attack, not just weapon skills, can proc sigil of air.

Sigil help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I would personally replace the Sigil of Air with a Sigil of Blood. Higher chance to proc (60% opposed to 30%) and a shorter cooldown (2 seconds opposed to 5 seconds, it can proc twice in a single Life Siphon or Ghastly Claws), plus it gives you more sustain. Lower damage, but it does ignore armor.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Sigil help

in Necromancer

War Mourner.5168

Last check sigil of blood in fact had a 5s CD, also it’s only 30% chance.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Blood

Sigil help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yup, I was getting the proc chance confused with Sigil of Earth. Even so, it’s tough to tell exactly what the cooldown is due to it being an RNG on an RNG. We just know for certain it’s not less than 2 seconds.

Testing can be fairly accurate, but it is impossible to tell for certain (plus it may have been fixed in any number of patches and the wiki was never updated).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Sigil help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Watch 3 things in your setup; crit chance, weapon auto attack rate (# chances per minute) and CD on the sigil’s proc. You might find AoE on weapon swap has benefits for the off-hand depending on your swap rate. Also, mind the condition stacking. Do not over-optimize for stacks of one type of condition or you could easily max it out and waste potontial in other areas like I did going for 100% chill up-time, which is fairly easy to obtain for a Necromancer.