Signet of Undeath

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Currently:

Signet Passive: Generates life force while in combat. Life Force per 3 Seconds: 1%
Signet Active: Revive up to three downed allies in a target area.

Does anyone else think that the LF regen on this is ridiculously low?

While the active is a pretty decent support for groups, the LF regen just seems excessively terrible. It would take 5 whole minutes of being in combat to refill your lifeforce from zero to 100 if you were relying on this.

I don’t even think the passive would be classed as amazing if it was 1% every 1 second all the time. It would still take 100 seconds to get to 100% from zero (which is a long cooldown!).

Especially when you consider it doesn’t work in DS and it takes a fraction of that time to fill to 100% using just normal skills.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepelio.9031

Sepelio.9031

It used to be 3% every 3 seconds, got nerfed along the way following the “utility skills shouldn’t be good LF generators” trend that killed the spectral utilities vs groups and the unfortunate BiP change

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Yup, this used to be better closer to launch, but was since nerfed. I don’t think it sees much use outside of tpvp for the active.

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

This skill is all-around terrible after the nerfs. Even in PvE, there are only one or two bosses in which it’s worth taking because the cast time is so long that it’s usually better to group revive.

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

If i remember correctly, it was used with WoB WoD Lich and Sarmor to make you immune to damage since it generated LF no matter if in combat or not during the beta. Either way the passive and active dont fit with eachother.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Ghostextechnica.3270

I know we have a few skills that could be deemed ‘bad’, but the passive side of this signet really does seem to have no real benefit at all.

That’s why I singled this one out for discussion.

If the devs don’t want LF being generated passively I would suggest the passive just needs to be replaced with something else that’s actually useful.

We only have 4 signets (the lowest equal number of all profs) and it would be nice if they all did something helpful.

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

it cannot have a strong passive, because of the long cooldown…
actually i like this signet, in difficult boss encounters u find yourself with a good amount of lf most of the time and dat feeling when u res the nub warrior…ive used it at mai trin, lupi, molten bosses,fire shaman fractal…granted with a good party its not really needed, but every class has a res ability right

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

It should work out of combat as well. Insta-fix. Not op, not up. Decent passive, decent active.

EDIT: I didn’t realize it was currently 1% every 3 seconds. Jesus, that is terrible. To make it not suck, change it to 1% every second and make it work ooc

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

(edited by Sepreh.5924)

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It is awful. Even if it was 1% every second, that is still 100seconds of having to be in combat for it get from 0 -100% that is pathetic.

The active makes NO sense at all as to why i they are connected. Personally i would add another signet, move the active over to that one with maybe some sort of Healing Passive and change this one so its something like:

Signet Passive: Generates life force Life Force per 1 Second: 2%
Signet Active: Gain Life Force based on Current health %. Lower your health, the more Life Force gained.

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

The passive is worthless – i only use in dungeons for the rez.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

Signet Passive: Generates life force Life Force per 1 Second: 2%
Signet Active: Gain Life Force based on Current health %. Lower your health, the more Life Force gained.

I like the concept of this idea. Would be useful and would really have to think about when to pop it

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Another skill that got hit with the nerfbat in the sake of “PvP” …
Reduce the cast time to 1 second in PvE/WvW and to 2 second for PvP.
Oh, i forgot we dont deserve it … Warriors must be the best at even ressing.
Battle Standard is way more better and it doesnt matter that its an elite. And let not forgot about Fast Healer.

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

People only take this for the active. Although the radius on the active is so small that the chance of you getting three players up is a bit slim.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The cast time on the active is so long that you can easily revive 2 people before it even goes off. Not sure why anyone would use the active on this either.

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Yeh, the cast time used to be best in game too. Now, it’s a pointless skill 99% of the time. Our master of death, has become nerfed to master of die’ing.

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

The cast time on the active is so long that you can easily revive 2 people before it even goes off. Not sure why anyone would use the active on this either.

It was a mandatory skill for pvp along with Corrupt boon, so Anet made them unviable. Somebody should tell them that nerfing=/=making build diversity.

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Not to mention in PvP they would have been stomped already if you’re screwing around casting the signet.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I used to run this in some fights before the nerf just for the rez. Now I don’t even bother.

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Ghostextechnica.3270

I didn’t realize it was currently 1% every 3 seconds. Jesus, that is terrible.

the passive and active dont fit with eachother.

It is awful. Even if it was 1% every second, that is still 100seconds of having to be in combat for it get from 0 -100% that is pathetic.

The passive is worthless – i only use in dungeons for the rez.

it’s a pointless skill 99% of the time.

I used to run this in some fights before the nerf just for the rez. Now I don’t even bother.

This skill is all-around terrible

Glad the Necro community agrees. It really is a worthless skill.

I wonder if Anet don’t know it’s this bad because people sometimes take it for the rez, so their stat engine will show people using it?

I guess I’m annoyed because passive bonuses can be some of the more powerful skills (See warrior signets) and one of our 4 signets is completely wasted with an actually pointless passive.

At the moment it might as well not be a signet and just be a rez skill with no passive.

(edited by Ghostextechnica.3270)

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

The problem with the skill is that both it passiv and it active suck…
-The active part has a too long casting time, i think somthing like 2.5 or 2.25 would be better (the 2 sec before the patch was really strong atleast in spvp)
-The passiv, while it should give not much lf, is too weak with it current weak active.

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

This signet and Reaper’s Precision are both really pathetic at generating life force… Luckily in WvW I get lots of LF from kills.

I think the whole LF generation system is broken but meh, its not a major concern for me right now.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I actually take it for the passive on my DS crit build because I need every tiny bit of LF I can squeeze out in the shortest time possible, and in long, drawn out fights like some bosses, it does make a difference over time. Rarely will I ever get the chance to successfully use the active because it casts sooo sloow and usually by the time I cast it they’re already dead. Its not like in pvp where everyone is on the point and you can very easily hit 3 people and with plenty of time to do it in. In pve you got about a good 1.5 seconds to get them up before they get 1 shot and with people being so spread out a lot of the time, having a 3 target rez is a moot point with that tiny little ground target. Not even gonna get started on the recharge time.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

It sort of makes sense since you are giving up your ability to sustain yourself (albeit not so well) to revive an ally. Though it’s life force generating abilities is the same reason why reaper’s precision is a horrible trait, even if you paired the two.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

They really need to buff it to make it of any use, the Passive is pathetically weak and the active takes to long.

My idea:

Passive: Generate 2% Life Force every second
Active: Full revive downed and dead players at the cost of Life Force. Higher Life Force the more players are fully revived

I would say something like:

10% = 1 Player
20% = 2 Players
Up to 100% = 10 Players

Signet of Undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I would think that adding a 2 part effect to the passive would make a huge difference. I know they don’t want it to be a LF battery outside of combat, but I think it does need ooc regen. Something like:
Passive: generate 2% life force every second while in combat, or 1% every 3 seconds while out of combat.
Active: Fully revive downed players at the cost of your life force (yes I stole some of your idea Armageddon) the more life force is consumed, the higher their revived health will be, minimum 25% hp, maximum 100% hp.
Revives up to 3 targets
Range: 1200
radius: 350
casting time: 1.75 seconds

This gives it more range, bigger ground target- so you can actually hit the people you’re trying to rez-, faster cast time- again so you can actually get the skill off in time, more beneficial effects when revived (I don’t consider it op, look at the effects the ele rez has) and passives that actually benefit us. I still hate the recharge, but i know they won’t budge on that so I won’t even bother.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…