Signet of Vampirism

Signet of Vampirism

in Necromancer

Posted by: Carlos Trevisan.5163

Carlos Trevisan.5163

Q:

im new to necros, im very enthusiastic about this skil, based on the description since i didnt unlock it yet.
ive seen some posts saying isnt worth the points, but they are pretty old posts (more than a year ago).
so, signet of vampirism its worth? can i build a good survival build around it?

Signet of Vampirism

in Necromancer

Posted by: CastIron.7364

CastIron.7364

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, because the ICD (1 sec) makes the passive effect pretty useless and the active effect still heals for less than CC.
Plus you can be denied a bulk of the active heal by your enemy just running away. Oh yeah minions can’t trigger it either if I remember correctly (can’t test never bothered to unlock it). While some may get it to work on some occasions it is not something to build around.

For further reading: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Thoughts-on-Signet-of-Vampirism

Shaak ~
Played build right now: “Cele” Base Necro with Axe WvW Roaming
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Signet of Vampirism

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Do not bother with it until you have more skill points than you know what to do with. I only ever use it to add a tiny bit of dps when in a group event where heals are not needed.

Signet of Vampirism

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I will be honest with you. I think taking an other heal then CC is in 99 of 100 times a bad decision. And in that 1 other time i will take well of blood.

Signet of Vampirism

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

No, signet of vampirism is just bad. As mentioned by CastIron, the ICD makes it so it will only heal you for one hit per second on the passive. Even then, it only heals for 350 + 10% of your healing power when you are hit, so that’s easy enough to overcome. It MIGHT let you survive for one more hit but that’ll be it. You won’t be surviving anything for long when you combine that with the necro’s lack of ways to mitigate damage, and heals do not work when you’re in deathshroud.

The active is not that good either since you have a 1 second ICD per player on that as well. So you hit an enemy with Axe 2 for the full channel, you’ll only get 2 procs. With allies, I find it doesn’t work too well either, because if they are low on health for anything, they will want to run away and use their own heal. And even when they attack the target, again, only 1 attack per second….

In short, it could be a decent heal if they ditched the ICD on the passive and possibly the active, and made the passive heal for a percentage of the damage you take instead of just a flat 350. But na, just increasing the active’s duration by one second was apparently enough in their book….-_- yeah i’m still bitter about that feature patch, and the subsequent “fixes” after.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Signet of Vampirism

in Necromancer

Posted by: Carlos Trevisan.5163

Carlos Trevisan.5163

Sad guys. thanks for answering.
so ill skip the necros.
i was thinking in create a good self sustain death/black knight character.

i have a regen Warrior and a regen Ranger. the Warrior was aewsome before the update, but my main goal that was the regeneration got “dumped” on patch (the bar drains as just you leave the battle, not good for turtle builds). The Ranger its very fun to play though, but i was wishing for a more darker/vampire looking build.

so much for nothing.
I dont have hope for changes on the skill that would make it useful, not at least on the next year. So its better just change the class then.

Thank you guys for all the info and patience.

(edited by Carlos Trevisan.5163)

Signet of Vampirism

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The only use it has is combining it with signet mastery for might. But that sacrifices self healing.

Signet of Vampirism

in Necromancer

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

imagine if it worked in deathshroud