Signet of Vampirism: Facts

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Passive is nowhere close to healing signet.

Healing signet heals pr second, no matter what the warrior does.

SOV only heals when the necro is hit.

If it was still a siphon, the restrictive passive would make some degree of sense. but without the armor bypassing damage aspect, the other restrictions are overkill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Working on a video for it now. My conclusions incoming… but I will say it was horribly ineffective against any sort of organized Spvp group. I got blown up so fast the passive did absolutely nothing. WvW was a different story.

I will say, at the very least it was nice to see the PASSIVE scale a decent amount.

in Necromancer

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Well gave it a try on full healer build,and you get 500+ health back,which if you pair it with the 300+ regen from mark of blood helps quite a bit with systaining.
Pretty much it was meant for support builds,and a less punishing option compared to well of blood which the kitten masses avoid to sit on to heal.
Also it is a signet so when you use to con dmg spike you get another 3 stacks of might which none of the other heals offered.
Its not exactly on par with other heal skills but it extends outside of what it is supposed to do.
I believe its a viable skill for support builds,its not perfect but i am sure i have seen more guardians complain theyr new heal is crap than necros.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

its not perfect but i am sure i have seen more guardians complain theyr new heal is crap than necros.

Could be because the demo stream showed the guardian heal bringing the guardian back to full health, but under a condition that is hard to find in SPVP (WVW and PVE may be a different story).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Because the Guardians actually unlocked their new heal :p

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Had my first soloq game with the trollbuild, was actually a decent game. Dunno if carried by team but the signet felt ok.
Also it seems like marking can’t be dodged but not 100% sure and i was once healdenied either by beeing blinded and or headshot and it went to full cd.

Tried your build in spvp and i switched it out for CC, iow went back to my basic zerker build and ditched the siphons, i can honestly say you have to know how to play and have huge balls to run full zerker siphon in spvp as a necro.

I noticed all the evades /stealth and other target reset mechanics making me waste all possible healing i would get from hitting something.. the animation and huge red dot doesn’t help either.

I am struggling to get this signet to be of any use..

I used to run zerk siphon before patch so haven’t tried it with signet yet but it was OK. you really have to pick right moments to put up some dps though since it’s not always optimal. Also really weak against hambows or engis since you got to kite their big blows and you lose siphon.

Tried new bunkery type 0/10/30/30/0 with signet again wells/staff traited and chill on blind. Doly runes and some heal sigils whatevs not sure what is optimal yet. It really does seem to work real fine in hotjoin or solo que. Even did some (I’m pretty low ranked nub) team que it was fine even there. I really do wonder if signet is really that bad, granted it probably doesn’t work for all builds a bit. And active is really bad, but then it’s signet so..

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

A simple, siphon on hit passive and a siphon on hit active for the group would have had most Necro’s rejoycing.

Seriously. This is exactly what it should’ve been and should still be.

Passive: When you hit a target, you siphon 350 (0.15) life.
Active: Unblockable. Mark a target. When any player hits this target, they siphon 250 (0.1) life from it. Lasts 5 seconds.
30 second cooldown.
Range 1200.

(And no ICD)

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

A simple, siphon on hit passive and a siphon on hit active for the group would have had most Necro’s rejoycing.

Active: Unblockable. Mark a target. When any player hits this target, they siphon 250 (0.1) life from it. Lasts 5 seconds.
30 second cooldown.
Range 1200.

(And no ICD)

I would need an ICD to prevent it from proccing 5 times per mark (on the passive)… but make the ICD something like a 1/4 of a second, so multi-hit skills can work with it. I would sign on for that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

30 second cooldown.
Range 1200.

(And no ICD)

I would need an ICD to prevent it from proccing 5 times per mark (on the passive)… but make the ICD something like a 1/4 of a second, so multi-hit skills can work with it. I would sign on for that.

EDIT: Never mind, I see what you’re saying, Rennoko.

This, unfortunately, is a bad idea. All that would happen is Necros get the Healing Signet syndrome: they NEVER use the active. In this case, activating the signet would always be a drop in healing and damage for the necro. Yes, on rare occasions it would be activated to boost group DPS, but this is still not good balance..

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

I think the reason why it doesn’t proc on hit is condimancers tbh. They probably wanted to make it so it’s not useful for ranged condispammers. So I don’t see it change in near future to that direction. It seems pretty obvious it was made to encourage picking some new builds instead. Or then they just didn’t really know what they were doing at all but made a good decision anyway.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraeje.5861

Kraeje.5861

A new Condition.

Signet of Vampirism is a nice skill (mechanic) in general, but to me, that skill just goes against the hole gw2 condition game-design!

until now we had a certain set of conditions that could be inflicted by almost every class. i really liked that system!

but now they introduced a new condition that totally breaks with that game mechanic. only the necromancer can cause it, using one specific skill, and is it even removeable?

“25 Vampiric Mark(5s): Life is siphoned when struck by players.”

it strongly reminds me of WoW, where each and every skill caused a unique condition or boon.

in gw2 sadly there already are a few unique boons that work in a similar way, but now they start doing the same thing with conditions too…?

i really hope not being the only one who is deeply concerned about that, i do not like where this is going…

(edited by Kraeje.5861)

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Except it’s not a new condition. It’s more like a Guardian’s Binding Blade or Warrior’s Impale. It sticks to you no matter what, but it’s not like it lacks any reasonable amount of counter play.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Tried your build in spvp and i switched it out for CC, iow went back to my basic zerker build and ditched the siphons, i can honestly say you have to know how to play and have huge balls to run full zerker siphon in spvp as a necro.

I noticed all the evades /stealth and other target reset mechanics making me waste all possible healing i would get from hitting something.. the animation and huge red dot doesn’t help either.

I am struggling to get this signet to be of any use..

Fleshwurm helps a lot if you overextend/are in a bad spot but thats true no matter what heal you pick.
Also the heal is somewhat mostly used for sustain(passive is close to healing sig) and offensive, nuke down target especially guard/war. In terms of healing the active is more of a last resort, the bulk of the healing comes from the passive.

Burst heavy speccs, d/p thief especially, really give a tough fight. I had most success with going balls out dagger auto’ing them. Casts, pretty much anything except axe2, lose you the matchup b/c of too little pressure and easily avoidable. This is about making them disengage/Shadow refuge which gives time to move away/set up wurm.

I might give it another go ^^ i guess i was too pasive.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alarid.2704

Alarid.2704

I’m finding the active doesn’t last long enough to take advantage of. Even changing it to 8 or 10 seconds would make it so much better.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I’m finding the active doesn’t last long enough to take advantage of. Even changing it to 8 or 10 seconds would make it so much better.

+1 I would even prefer this solution over removing the ICD.

Or make the ICD half a second, which would put more value in multi-hit skills.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Making the active super long removes a lot of the counterplay. 6-7 seconds would make sense just because of how the ICD currently bars you from even getting all 25 stacks in a 5 man group, but more than that and in PvP the person getting hit needs to use a lot of defensive options to counterplay it.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It is only a matter of time (i hope) that Anet sees that the “Heal” is pathetic thanks to all of the ICD they threw at every part of it as well as removing aspects of it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

I think he means in a practical sense, a 5 sec duration requires the Sig be cast from melee range but with a 1 sec cast the Necro is likely to get interrupted at such close range on a reasonably long cast. So with the 1 sec cast the Sig really needs to be cast from outside melee range to guarantee the cast, which means you’re losing half leeching stack’s duration just getting to your target.

I had the same issue when I tried to use it. It’s functionally kinda wonky.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I think he means in a practical sense, a 5 sec duration requires the Sig be cast from melee range but with a 1 sec cast the Necro is likely to get interrupted at such close range on a reasonably long cast. So with the 1 sec cast the Sig really needs to be cast from outside melee range to guarantee the cast, which means you’re losing half leeching stack’s duration just getting to your target.

I had the same issue when I tried to use it. It’s functionally kinda wonky.

I also think it shouldn’t require facing, like Epidemic and CB. Right now it goes off if you are not facing your target, and you get the heal, but no mark goes on the target. As evidenced with other long casts, requiring facing makes landing it in melee range really difficult when all they have to do is dodge through you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blakish.8153

Blakish.8153

i was testing it today its not too good, even when i tried to build around it. im talking pvp, the signet doesnt do significant damage when its active and when its passive its still not that great.