Small group WvW build please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

Looking for a small group WvW build, any help appreciated

I currently have ascended Dagger(power,vitality/condition damage)/Focus(precision/toughness/condition damage) and Staff(precision/toughness/condition damage) which I would like to continue to use if possible.
Also currently have 2 sets if armour, 1 set is precision/toughness/condition damage and the other is power/toughness/vitality, happy to change armour/runes etc

Show me whats good now please

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Dagger/focus – staff sounds like a power build setup.
However, your weapon prefixes are for condition builds. That means you have the following options:

1. Use the soldier armor and supplement with new berzerker weapons and accessories.

2. Use the rabid armor, drop the focus, buy a scepter and use your dagger as an offhand weapon. If you don’t allready have rabid accessories, go with carrion or dire instead.

Since your dagger is ascended, I’m guessing you want to keep it, which means you should probably go for the second option.

There might also be a possiblitiy to go hybrid with the condi weapons and soldier armor…

in Necromancer

Bry.8140

Cheers mate, all 3 weapons are ascended so ideally want to keep them all, yeh its a bit of a mixed bag as I was messing with a power setup quite a while ago.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Mmmkay… tricky, I suppose you should go hybrid then.
You could do a variation of my build. If I had to use dagger/focus instead of axe/wh, I’d probably use this: 10/25/20/0/15

So obviously I would drop Axe Training and Banshee’s Wail, which frees up some points to get Last Gasp in Soul Reaping. I’d lose some power and precision, but I could compensate by changing the amulet to rampagers and the back piece to berzerker, which in turn synergizes a little better with the increased crit damage.

Another trait option would be: 0/25/25/0/20. It basically comes down to how much you want to use your focus, or if buffing it with Spiteful Talisman is worth it.
You’d actually gain some power by getting the gm minor in Death Magic. So the difference is 10% less condi duration, but a maxed fear duration instead.

in Necromancer

Bry.8140

Sounds good, I will have a look 2moro.
Cheers flow

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yikes, being forced into hybrid land with a dagger.

Flow’s 2nd build seems best imo; hitting both sides well.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.