So Apparently All Power Necro DPS...

in Necromancer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Comes from Lich form spamming one…. not from
1. Life blast (vuln/might stacking)
2. Reapers touch+well of suffering combo (Which btw kills faster than any lich skill)
3. 3 Boon spinal Shivers strip
4. Dagger AA
5. Axe 2 (for those that run Axe)
6. Edit: Tainted shackles also hits like a freight train in a power necro…

No my friends all of power necro damage comes from lich form, and we are useless outside of that, our entire build is dependent on a 3 minute cooldown. Just ask the ESL shoutcasters….

BTW, can we get people that actually know the ins-and-outs of EVERY class to shoutcast. It would really save face for when someone makes a comment like “Power necro is cheesy because it solely depends on lich form.”

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

(edited by jportell.2197)

in Necromancer

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

wow… I kill people easier without being in lich.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

I’ve always found the shoutcasting kind of funny. “Oh there a cele ele, oh there’s a cele warrior, cele rifle engi, oh… another cele rifle engi”. The un-balance is easy to see in the streams and ArenaNet still don’t fix it.

in Necromancer

jportell.2197

I’ve always found the shoutcasting kind of funny. “Oh there a cele ele, oh there’s a cele warrior, cele rifle engi, oh… another cele rifle engi”.

And power zerk necro is “cheesy” amirite?!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

I’ve always found the shoutcasting kind of funny. “Oh there a cele ele, oh there’s a cele warrior, cele rifle engi, oh… another cele rifle engi”.

And power zerk necro is “cheesy” amirite?!

Haha, I think they’re just trying to salvage things really. Most people that have played some kind of online PvP will be able to tell something isn’t quite right.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

lich isn’t great, too slow, love when a necro pops lich. Easiest kill ever.

I know it has it’s moments…but wow, if anyone thinks it’s the most important aspect of a build XD

in Necromancer

jportell.2197

lich isn’t great, too slow, love when a necro pops lich. Easiest kill ever.

I know it has it’s moments…but wow, if anyone thinks it’s the most important aspect of a build XD

Lich is a very very situational elite. Like most elites. Alot of times I actually use it to either clean up a fight or even out a 2V1 but to claim as was said in ESL Power necro=lich spamming one is a little ridiculous.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Don’t let people discourage you from playing power necro! Burst them down and then let them speak

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Lich does do an awesome burst but its on a long cooldown. If power necro was dependant on lich then that would really suck..! (its not of course but that really doesnt deserve a response directly does it?)

Also a lot more to lich than 1 spam!!! The debuffs are amazing.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

dagger/horn is actually really powerful, add well of corruption and well of darkness and it makes the lich look like a joke.
i never use lich form, i rather use the flesh gollem so i can time a group interrupt without to much hassle.

the fun thing is, ppl always try to prove they can instakill the gollem, biggest mistake they can ever make XD

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dhogoth.1856

Dhogoth.1856

Another thing that people should know is that we do have blast finishers from Putrid Explosion and Necrotic Traversal.

Brazillian guild: White Raven

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

dagger/horn is actually really powerful, add well of corruption and well of darkness and it makes the lich look like a joke.
i never use lich form, i rather use the flesh gollem so i can time a group interrupt without to much hassle.

the fun thing is, ppl always try to prove they can instakill the gollem, biggest mistake they can ever make XD

Golem sucks. Wod sucks. Woc sucks. Dagger horn is our best weapon set For power. I’m not sure how WoC and WoD make lich a joke. Lich is not a joke it’s just situational and has a kittenton of counters that people choose to ignore or just panic when they get hit for 6k.

Using bone minions and flesh wurm for blast finishers isn’t very useful since they are extremely hard to aim. And you wouldn’t use a wurm like that anyway.

If your in Lich and your not being reflected or blocked you should be pressing 1. Only time you use the other skills is when being reflected blocked or expertly LoSed.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Golem sucks. Wod sucks. Woc sucks. Dagger horn is our best weapon set For power. I’m not sure how WoC and WoD make lich a joke. Lich is not a joke it’s just situational and has a kittenton of counters that people choose to ignore or just panic when they get hit for 6k.

Using bone minions and flesh wurm for blast finishers isn’t very useful since they are extremely hard to aim. And you wouldn’t use a wurm like that anyway.

If your in Lich and your not being reflected or blocked you should be pressing 1. Only time you use the other skills is when being reflected blocked or expertly LoSed.

see you on the battlefield then, while you’re trying to spam 11111111 i am interrupting the whole enemy army.
golem doesn’t suck, you just don’t know how to use it…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The casters aren’t wrong. They aren’t talking about your mid level soloQ matches, they aren’t even talking about high tier soloQ matches, they’re casting a coordinated team game. Power Necro DPS compared to other DPS builds is completely ignorable, the only reason power necro is going to be run is for Lich. This is also why power necro is a joke in the highest tiers of play.

Doesn’t mean that the casters are right in everything they say, but the gist of what they are saying here is correct. Without Lich, power necros are just a subpar version of another power build.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I’d say that golem have it’s use but not in a power dps spec. Like said, lich is situational. I’s also say that axe 2 ain’t really this usefull.

The best burst skills we got, from my point of view is still “reaper touch” and life blast.

WoD? this is a defensive skill that have absolutely nothing to do with damage… And well of corruption is perfectly fine but against boon junky.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

see you on the battlefield then, while you’re trying to spam 11111111 i am interrupting the whole enemy army.
golem doesn’t suck, you just don’t know how to use it…

No you probably won’t see me in the battlefield unless you pvp. Unless I see you in obs if I ever get bored. Only time ever to use golem is in mm builds or in duels.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

jportell.2197

The casters aren’t wrong. They aren’t talking about your mid level soloQ matches, they aren’t even talking about high tier soloQ matches, they’re casting a coordinated team game. Power Necro DPS compared to other DPS builds is completely ignorable, the only reason power necro is going to be run is for Lich. This is also why power necro is a joke in the highest tiers of play.

Doesn’t mean that the casters are right in everything they say, but the gist of what they are saying here is correct. Without Lich, power necros are just a subpar version of another power build.

Lich is a great skill. But the even in a coordinated team. A power necro can actually down opponents faster than a thief (maybe not as often), but definitely faster. Without Lich.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I think people are talking about a whole lot of scenarios here.. in spvp or 1-1 I certainly prefer golem over lich, but in wvw lich all the way.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

jportell.2197

I think people are talking about a whole lot of scenarios here.. in spvp or 1-1 I certainly prefer golem over lich, but in wvw lich all the way.

This post was in response to a comment BLU made about a team that used to run two power necros “Kinda cheesy because really they just pop lich form and spam one.” Basically things like that are why people hate on power necros. They hear a shoutcaster say “that’s all it is”, when even in small team fights or big teamfights a power necro brings way more than just lich, especially if the team has target focus.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

youre talking about roaming and small scale fights, right? cause i’d never pass on plague while zerging

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

This post was in response to a comment BLU made about a team that used to run two power necros “Kinda cheesy because really they just pop lich form and spam one.” Basically things like that are why people hate on power necros. They hear a shoutcaster say “that’s all it is”, when even in small team fights or big teamfights a power necro brings way more than just lich, especially if the team has target focus.

Blu is 100% accurate. It is a cheese comp relying on Lich form to be of any remote viability. If you removed Lich they would not be playing power necro, end of story. The build does not do well at the highest tier of play even with Lich form for good reasons, the one thing it has is that if Lich goes unanswered in a teamfight its an easy win. So their comp was literally just about using Lich form’s ability to wipe a team fight to win, nothing more. If all they wanted was power builds and didn’t want Lich they would have chosen another profession.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

No my friends all of power necro damage comes from lich form, and we are useless outside of that, our entire build is dependent on a 3 minute cooldown. Just ask the ESL shoutcasters….

Yeah, I don’t mind the shoutcasters. I think the EU ones do a tremendous job, although Jebro lacks a bit knowledge or just tends to simplyfy which can be misleading.

To be honest, I play power necro in Ranked in what seems to be the top MMR and I don’t even use Lich. Plague Form is hundreds times better and more versatile. Hundreds….

I can also confirm that most damage comes from Life Blasts and Air/Fire combo.

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ogopogo.8956

Ogopogo.8956

Lich form, if you have it on your bar…is a calculated risk. Nothing more…sure you can (if lucky) take down two people quickly if they are focusing a teammate. But other than that, make a wrong decision, or get bad luck, and you are screwed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Doesn’t Lich #5 remove all conditions from all allies in the AoE, and all boons from all enemies in the AoE? Does it still work like that? It always seemed extremely useful to me, but maybe I missed the part where it was tested and it doesn’t actually work as I thought.

Either way, I understand the frustration from a community standpoint where there would be annoying folks regurgitating what they heard about Power Necro in a completely different setting, but it isn’t the caster’s fault. We can’t expect them to say “This is cheese, but in every other aspect of the game, this spec is really solid and diverse in what it can do, so don’t hate on it!”.

If a team is built around Elite-wiping another team, but otherwise most likely loses, that’s pretty cheesy. It doesn’t matter that you can (or, at least could) circle strafe a lich and never take a point of damage because the projectile doesn’t lead its target. It doesn’t matter that reflections negate the damage, or you can outrun a lich, or you can blind spam it, or you can strip/corrupt Stability and CC spam it dead, or etc. etc. etc. There are often a number of ways to counter a truly cheesy strat, because cheese typically banks on catching opponents off-guard/ill-prepared and winning swiftly.

At least that’s how I think of cheese. I don’t typically categorized things that are clearly stronger than everything else or have no really good counter as cheese, I call those “strong”, maybe “imbalanced” if the mood is right.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”