So, Support Necro

So, Support Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

I’m looking at going more support with my Necro to try out something new, but I’m not exactly sure which direction to take it. I’m really interested in doing something with DeathShroud, and after seeing Transfusion (Blood Magic VI) I think it could be interesting.

Has anyone tried a support build with DeathShroud, and if so, how did you like it? What traits helped out the most?

Hoopa doopa.

So, Support Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I have used a support build in PvP with DS. It was bunker/support, using high healing power with WoB, MoB, 100% ret uptime, some weakness, and using the two healing for DS (transfusion and heal on leaving DS).

I enjoy it, it is good for team fights at mid because you heal for a ton, any attack on you hits the enemy for 400, and you can bunker pretty well with it. I don’t know if I would suggest it for PvE though, a staff/well based support build would work better there.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

So, Support Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

For sport i would go for something like this :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQMQNAW3djQaV6haaa8bKAJFYf90juHfboC5SVocA;TkAgzCvoAycj4GrXOgkeN2A
or
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQMQNAW3djQaV6haaa8bKAJFYf90juHfboC5SVocA;TkAgzCvoAycj4GrXOgkeN2A

at the same time i have to say that i dont know if the runes increase the boons on myself only or they apply the increase also on allies.Also to mention change wells depending on a fight.

So, Support Necro

in Necromancer

Sieg.8439

How much does Deathly Invigoration heal for?
That’s the problem with a lot of tool tips, they’re very vague. =/

Hoopa doopa.

So, Support Necro

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I remember it healing for ~660 in my build with ~1200 healing power.

My PvP Minion Build

So, Support Necro

in Necromancer

Sieg.8439

Eh… That’s not too bad. I don’t have anywhere near 1200 Healing Power, though, haha. I may have to swap to full Cleric gear, currently mostly Soldier with some Cleric in the mix.

Hoopa doopa.

So, Support Necro

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yeah, I use full Cleric for that build.

My PvP Minion Build

So, Support Necro

in Necromancer

Sieg.8439

Does anyone know if the Bloodthirst trait (Blood II) applies to Life Transfer and Life Siphon, or does “siphoning health” only apply to things like the Vampiric minor trait?

Hoopa doopa.

So, Support Necro

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

It does to the healing you gain from those siphons, not the damage they do.

Edit: I’m not sure if it works to the healing done to other people though.

My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

So, Support Necro

in Necromancer

Sieg.8439

Awesome, thanks! ^^
You guys have been super helpful. Looking forward to trying this build out.

Hoopa doopa.

So, Support Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alkaline.2809

Alkaline.2809

Which stat would be stronger to go with healing power in wvw, Condition damage (Apothecary’s ) or Power (Clerics)?

So, Support Necro

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

In a staff/well ranged support build, condition damage, in a bunker/support DS build, power.

And since you probably don’t want to be using a frontline DS build in WvW, go with staff ranged support and condition damage.

My PvP Minion Build