So aegis is not a boon?

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amandil.2137

Amandil.2137

I just noticed that “Corrupt Boon” is not working properly if enemy has aegis boon. It says, transform ALL boons on a foe turns into condition. But whenever an enemy has AEGIS it never applies, instead it gets blocked. I find it very wrong since ALL BOONS includes aegis, please change the text of skill, or make the aegis corruptable.

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

You can corrupt Aegis with Well of Corruption. It turns into burning. Corrupt boon getting blocked is normal.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: xgalaxy.7402

xgalaxy.7402

Aegis should corrupt into Vulnerability, in my opinion.
Also, they can reapply Aegis so quickly it seems, you have to have someone constantly hitting them just to get Corrupt Boon to apply at all.

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amandil.2137

Amandil.2137

You can corrupt Aegis with Well of Corruption. It turns into burning. Corrupt boon getting blocked is normal.

What kind of logic is this?

Well of suffering and corrupt boon is the similiar skills, but one of them requires an enemy stay inside of an area, and other one only hit 1 target and corrupts it, this is not normal at all.

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

The “problem” is that Corrupt Boon is an attack and therefor can be blocked by Aegis before it gets to corrupt it. Well of Corruption on the other hand is not an attack, so it turns Aegis into Burning.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

kKagari.6804

Aegis should corrupt into Vulnerability, in my opinion.
Also, they can reapply Aegis so quickly it seems, you have to have someone constantly hitting them just to get Corrupt Boon to apply at all.

…There’s like 2 skills that let you apply Aegis at will, and they are over 60 seconds cd. I’d hate for THAT to be a requirement for getting a simple condition such as Vulnerability on my opponent.

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

kKagari.6804

Well of suffering and corrupt boon is the similiar skills, but one of them requires an enemy stay inside of an area, and other one only hit 1 target and corrupts it, this is not normal at all.

This is the exact same thing in GW1, chillbains removed obsidian flesh, but targetted disenchants don’t. A Guardian would argue, why can’t their aegis block your SINGLE TARGET ATTACK SKILL. Thats what aegis does.

And no, they are NOT the same skills. IIRC Well of corruption corrupts one boon per pulse. Hardly the same as a full sweep like Corrupt Boon.

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: xgalaxy.7402

xgalaxy.7402

I dunno then. This guardian I saw in WvW the other day had aegis up at least 4 times, in the span of a single fight (30 seconds at most).

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mathemagician.7314

Mathemagician.7314

Personally I feel like Corrupt Boon should definitely transmute Aegis into a condition. Not really sure how I feel about it corrupting into fire, but Aegis is definitely a boon.

And it DEFINITELY comes up WAY more than twice every 60 seconds.

80 Necro: Yami Blind @ [US]Sea of Sorrows
Commander for [Sexy] of the Synergy Alliance

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Their class mechanic passively gives aegis on a long cool down, then it can be activated to immediately give another aegis, which puts it on a 90 sec? Cool down, then they have shouts as utilities that apply aegis, retreat! Definitely does not sure about the others, If you hear a guards took say Retreat! Aegis and swiftness will be up.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

They should give us a way to determine if Aegis is on the target prior to casting Corrupt Boon.

Oh wait…

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: merch.1026

merch.1026

Corrupt boon – “Poison yourself. Transform all boons on your foe into negative conditions.”

Aegis – “Block the next incoming attack; stacks duration.”

Sounds like a case of what happens when and immovable object is hit by an unstoppable force

Although since corrupt boon does no direct damage is it an attack? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Corrupt_Boon also states that Aegis is converted to burning.

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Why not return necro power and make all our skills unblockable by ways other than dodging~ Remember the sweet sweet shadow damage Ne/D setup?

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I agree with you: if it’s not a weapon skill, it shouldn’t count as an attack, and therefore shouldn’t be affected by aegis or blind.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

So aegis is not a boon?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

How can you guys forget the mesmer staff field, which in my experience reliably and easily applies aegis.

I have never really used corrupt boon on necro because I felt forced into taking survivability utilities but I use arcane thievery on mesmer and it bugs out incredibly often. Either not working at all or not working partially.

With the ease which some classes can reapply buffs and the risk involved with corrupt boon (easy to miss, long cd, self poison) it seems very situational.

Tbh I don’t like how this game has no los/range check on skills so you can put them on cooldown even though something appears to be in los or in range, or was in range but moved out of range while you were casting. Sorry but I don’t want to be looking down always at my skills to see if they are red from out of range. This is worsened by little ability to control ability queuing. You also can’t cancel cast by moving which is what I’m used to doing (if u can rebind this plz tell me).

The ability queuing in particular is very strange. I have worse than average latency but it’s not thaat bad. e.g. stuff like I am pressing stomp key and my character keeps autoattacking. I’m not touching 1, I haven’t touched it in ages and it ignores me for like 1-2 seconds before I can stomp. It’s a separate issue from lag since I should experience it with all abilities but it only happens in this particular autoattack/stomp situation.

Another annoying issue is I use thief heartseeker to travel around map quickly but sometimes it will randomly port me backwards away from the direction I was facing. I used to think this was because I had some mob targeted but no, I can have nothing targeted and it will sometimes still port me backwards if some mob is hitting me.