So, if you are thinking of quitting, what would have to be in the next patch to change your mind?

So, if you are thinking of quitting, what would have to be in the next patch to change your mind?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Your thoughts go in this thread.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: XXVI Red.5718

XXVI Red.5718

If I was thinking of quitting, what would have to be in the next patch to change my mind?

hmm, I love my necro, but I also am at the very limits of my patience with this class. I have started a mesmer as the gameplay is similar and trying the elementalist just didn’t feel like it had any oomph outside of daggers. I am a staff man. I just like the astheitcs of it. Scepter is also a nice look as well.

I would like to see gluttony and feel the difference of that 30% Life Force for maxing out the Soul Reaping line. I honestly just want to be able to do a 10 split down the line and max out that tree. I really want to see just how far you can push that form, but it is pretty much a pain to do so when your life force generation can not get the proper gains that it needs and everyone complains about, nor the boost to the longevity of the form via that 30%.

There are other gripes, but most are trivial to me. Considering i only use minions as a health generator at 78 per smack I could care less what they are hitting as long as they smack something, which they do. Also the abilities that concern power builds also don’t really bother me as if the above said trait line worked properly I would consider my low burst damage out put appropriate considering how I could potentially be extremely tanky. I think most other problems aside from the above mentioned and some choice bugged utilities have been addressed. The ideas about overhauling our trait layout and buffs for certain things is all opinion based by the people here on the forum so those we can rule out as well as I am talking about what needs to get fixed and not what I would like to see happen.

I wouldn’t necessarily quit the game just cause my class isn’t immediately fixed. In other games I have waited way longer then what has passed already. I just would like the basic mechanics to work properly. In my off time from the necro I will just try out other classes. I can tell it’s getting bad when I find I am using my free time to post on the forums instead of actually going and playing my necro, or the game in general for that matter.

(edited by XXVI Red.5718)

in Necromancer

Posted by: OmegaProject.9831

OmegaProject.9831

Hm. I do enjoy my Necro, both in PvE and PvP, so I have no intention to quit. Regardless, if I was quitting Necro, some of the following would make me reconsider:

*Revamp of Death Magic trait line
*Siphoning adjusted to allow for some form of scaling
*Minion AI healed and minions buffed in some sense
*Rework of the signets (and Plague Signet being fixed)
*Life Siphon not being a channeling skill
*Traits fixed
*A Power + Condition Damage + Toughness Amulet
*Axe rework/buff
*Added a new weapon to Necro mainhand/offhand
*A Well buff (not that they necessarily need it. They’re good, but fairly dull)
*New downed state (Why are we so “weak” when we’re closest to death? We’re Necros, we should have an awesome downed state XD )

Those are to name a few. Have a nice day everyone!

in Necromancer

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Minions that heal out of combat so they don’t end up with 5%hp after the fight only to be 1 shotted 2 seconds later in the next one, leaving me with a nice cooldown.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Illiji.5318

Illiji.5318

Easy. Fix Bugs.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyorai.1630

Nyorai.1630

Well I am logging in a lot less often already. What I would like to see is at least a clarification of death shroud hp pool, a look at the axe, more reliability on spectral grasp and obviously just some bug fixes. And unrelated to necromancer but Sorrows Embrace is the dungeon I’m very keen on doing but it’s messed up right now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: IdyllShade.7895

IdyllShade.7895

Bug fixes… crash fixes… blackscreen fixes… any of the above would help, but mostly what I’m looking for would be communication to know that someone at ANet is actually looking at issues, and everyone there isn’t just saying that will be doing something about anything “soon”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Anything really, just some progress.

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

- A non-hindering DS UI
- Dagger cleave or damage bonus
- Staff autoattack speed bonus or projectile speed bonus
- Reduction on cooldown for wells or increased uptime
- Viable and useful axe.
- Cleaned up synergized traits

At LEAST one of these.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Hm. I do enjoy my Necro, both in PvE and PvP, so I have no intention to quit. Regardless, if I was quitting Necro, some of the following would make me reconsider:

*Revamp of Death Magic trait line
*Siphoning adjusted to allow for some form of scaling
*Minion AI healed and minions buffed in some sense
*Rework of the signets (and Plague Signet being fixed)
*Life Siphon not being a channeling skill
*Traits fixed
*A Power + Condition Damage + Toughness Amulet
*Axe rework/buff
*Added a new weapon to Necro mainhand/offhand
*A Well buff (not that they necessarily need it. They’re good, but fairly dull)
*New downed state (Why are we so “weak” when we’re closest to death? We’re Necros, we should have an awesome downed state XD )

Those are to name a few. Have a nice day everyone!

I agree to most of your opinions but i dont think a new downed state would solve anything. Also a new weaponchoice wouldnt fix much. I find it ridiculous as is that mesmers can run around in light armor and a huge sword.

What i also would like to see is staff damage upped to the point of surpassing dagger damage. Why for the love of god would a dark spellcaster do the most damage with daggers? It makes no sense. We arent thiefs! Necromancers are dark spellcasters, dark wizards so to speak. They use a staff. Then why does my autoattack hit for 600 with 2500attack power? In my perfect world staff #1 would hit as much as full life force DS #1 and DS buffed by 20% overal. To balance it out remove the piercing factor of staff #1.

In exchange the damage of marks could be nerfed a little bit since their all aoe and dagger range must be upped. I see staves as an avatar for slow but heavy hits and daggers for fast but lower hits.

It would result in a massive buff, but lets be real – we need it. We are no holy tanks or damage soakers or supportive priests. We are dark spellcasters, we deal DPS.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

(edited by Sandra Martino.3870)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Agree with most of what is posted except for requests for a new weapon, or a new downed state.

Mostly, I would request communication from the DEVs, regarding the current number/type/impact of the bugs that plague our class. What would actually be interesting would be to hear from the Devs that actually play the class and have them compare to the other classes with regard to trait synergy, build types (or lack thereof), etc. Perhaps communication with regard to the drastically reduced axe damage, UTTERLY slow staff 1 attack.

I am starting to wrap my head around the entire GW2 experience by playing the other classes (up to 3 80s now) and have WVW/pvp with most, and we are simply lacking slightly.

So, I will cut myself off by just getting back to my original point; a little communication/aknowledgement from the DEVs would go a long way to setting the necro community at ease.

in Necromancer

Sandra Martino.3870

Actually the UTTERLY slow staff #1 isnt all that bad. Its a staff, its not suppoost to be a fast hitting weapon.

What needs to be done is to up the damage of #1 by a dramatic rate. With that i would like to see the piercing factor removed. This wil offset the aoe mechanic and pose more balance in terms of damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

Upping Staff Damage to overpass the Daggers is not a solution. For one, the reason why Daggers have some of the highest damage output is because they’re our shortest ranged weapon. The balance in the game would have, even a double handed weapon like the staff, deal less damage to those weapons that are up close because otherwise you never use close combat weapons due to their increased risk for less damage. Higher risk, higher damage. This isn’t rocket science.

However, I will agree that the Staff either needs the spammable 1 re-worked to be faster, or just given a better homing because its speed is absolutely awful. For a Life Force generator, it can’t generate life force outside of PvE which severely limits its usefulness in PvP. However fiddling damage output is neither a good nor balance fix.

New weapons are also a silly request since they still have bugs to work out of the current weapons. The last thing they need is more bugs to fix.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

in Necromancer

Sandra Martino.3870

You are right in that higher risk is higher damage but I’m not even sure why we are able to use daggers, is it really in the spirit of a dark spellcaster to play a thief? I think not.

If we must play with daggers its vastly superior LF gen could be the reason to use daggers over staff because of more DS uptime then you have with staves. Maybe add another utility but in terms of damage staff should be superior.

But i do agree on that new weapons are a silly request :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

Except Daggers are VERY much in flavour for the Darker Spell caster. Think of Blood is Power, do you think you just prick your finger to put 2 stacks of bleed on your character. The joke in GW1 was that Necros have so much health sacrifice that we cut our wrists more than your average emo kid. So yes, the Dagger is very much flavourfu, being a small weapon that allows quick and easy access to not only your own blood but that of your foes.

I think you’re restricting yourself when you try and limit the usage of melee as Necromancers. GW1 after all had ‘touching’ skills that required you to be in direct contact with an opponent to directly siphon off their health. Which is likely the inspiration for the Dagger being the main weapon effected by the Life Syphoning traits. So I’d argue that of all the spell casters, Necro is MUCH more dagger wielding worthy than say the Elementalist.

EDIT: I’d also like to add that, once more hailing back to GW1, of my favourite focus skins was in fact a bloody shiv of a dagger.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

(edited by Ratphink.4751)

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

1.Dagger:
-some sort of AoE, maybe on the third chain-attack?
-buffed Life Siphon (damage and heal-wise). Should be an AoE-heal imo.
-Mobility/Gap-closer. Every other melee-weapon set has it

2.Fixed Traits:
-tons of bugs that have to be fixed (and should have been fixed by now)
-some useless traits/traits that dont scale at all: need to be fixed aswell
-better death magic-traitline
-why Soul reaping has got ‘Critical Damage’ as secondary attribute? I’d change it to ‘Condition duration’, since every spec benefits of it.

Staff:
-better #1 attack (attack sound, attack speed, projectile speed)
-staff related traits that arent scattered across traitlines

3.Necro-only minipets…err, minions:
-some sort of AI
-fixing that fix about losing all minions while transformed
or:
-underwater flesh golem (undead shark would look awesome)

4.Death Shroud:
-life blast: faster attackspeed
-an underwater-death shroud that is somewhat useful and not only condition-remove-support
-a different life-blast/life transfer when a scepter is equipped
-longer fear. 1.5s or 2s.

5.downed state:
-AoE-fear.

6.Combo finishers
-we need some

7.some communication, a post from anet; something that tells us what they are planning to change. if they want to change anything at all or if they just dont care about nec…

cant say much about the axe since i barely played with it

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I think if they moved condition duration out of spite and into Soul Reaping, it may be interesting. However, it is still tough to generate life force on a condition spec because gluttony does not work, at all.

I think the stability grandmaster trait in DS should be pushed to the master level. Are necromancers the only ones who have to build one trait line to get stability? (minus our elite skills)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Magzillas.4865

Magzillas.4865

Well, I don’t really think there’s such a thing as “quitting,” since we aren’t bound by the fetters of a subscription model. That said, I have stopped playing with the regularity that I used to, and this is largely due to the problem that while I love the necromancer, it’s the only class in this game that I find truly compelling.

So when I see that we’re facing nearly a hundred bugs, issues, ambiguities, or errors, it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. This is especially true when I – along with many others – have played through all of the beta weekend events and have reported ad nauseum many of the bugs and issues that we still see today (see minion AI, blood magic traits not scaling with healing, many of the traits that just don’t do anything). I know arenanet is a very hard-working company, but it leaves me very bitter to see our constant reports of these issues go unaddressed, especially when they are compounded with bugs that are beyond ridiculous (e.g. well of blood healing enemies and plague signet giving you conditions without removing them from allies).

It’s not even that I’m concerned about balance so much. While I believe death shroud should be more than a health buffer with some filler skills, and fear should be more powerful on the alleged “fear class,” I do think that, for all their problems, necros do have a place in pvp, even if it is a pretty narrow niche.

No, the problem for me is that our class is a bizzare amalgam of malfunctioning code, the state of which arenanet should not be satisfied with. Yet, they seem more concerned about touching up negligible issues elsewhere than they do with making headway on the dozens of bugs that still plague the necromancer, and – perhaps most frustraingly – have plagued the necromancer since the first beta weekend.

So, what would I like to see? I want to see some initiative that shows me that arenanet isn’t just trolling us, and actually gives a kitten about the functionality of this class. Minion AI, plague signet, any one of the useless traits…pick something and show some attempt to fix it. At least that way I may have faith that we’re not going to be playing a bugged class held together by narrow niche roles until the end of time…because that’s the unfortunate perception I find myself in now, and it’s keeping me from diving into my necromancer as I wish I could.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I love my necro. Just fix bugs and make DS more interesting/useful. That is all.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I’m not quitting at this point buuuuuuuuuut:
-useful jagged horrors
-minion AI fixed
-minions no longer killed by transformation elites
-flesh golem can swim underwater
-focus buffed in some way for bigger fights
-axe damage increased
-health siphoning improved
-general bug fixes
-A legendary that matches necromancers

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kayotik.5790

Kayotik.5790

In addition to the many great answers already listed, I’d really like to see death shroud redesigned so that it uses your natural health bar, continues to deplete it while in use, increase the effectiveness of it, and turn all life force generators into health siphoning.

Similar concept as it is now, with more emphasis on stealing life essence and less on an unreliable death form that doesn’t show boons/conditions/number values.

in Necromancer

Posted by: kwgood.5623

kwgood.5623

Eh to little to late. I don’t even login anymore as it’s WoW 2.0 with class imbalance issues and they chose to fix Halloween costume crap instead of the main mechanics of an entire class. I check every few weeks to see if they are making progress and until they do, I won’t ever play again. I don’t have time to level another toon to 80(sorry guys, I work) so that’s out of the water, and I refuse to be forced into playing two specs while the rest of the class is broken.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

Next patch…just fix some bugs for goodness sake….this is not what we paid for.
Longer term…..Minion AI, trait synergies/trees, relative damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

I wouldn’t quit my necro even though my level 7 guardian is more powerful in Mad King dungeon xD But out of all the bugs I’d really like to see the minion AI fixed. I’ve had to run conditionmancer because minion master wasn’t viable and I know that as soon as the minion AI is fixed I’d retrait and go back to MM in a heartbeat.

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Either turn weakness into a fixed % damage boost, or make axe 1 stack might on us.

At least with scepter and epidemic i do not have to time it to the exact moment before i switch target if i want to carry the effect over to my next “victim”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Either turn weakness into a fixed % damage boost, or make axe 1 stack might on us.

At least with scepter and epidemic i do not have to time it to the exact moment before i switch target if i want to carry the effect over to my next “victim”.

I hope you mean a fixed damage reduction . Also technically it already is.
% reduction when it procs. It averages out to a 25% total damage reduction.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I hope you mean a fixed damage reduction . Also technically it already is.
% reduction when it procs. It averages out to a 25% total damage reduction.

Actually i got weakness and vulnerability (what a word) crossed. Swapping the latter with might on a one for one basis seems to do just about the same in terms of damage, but removes the issue of sudden drops in damage each time you switch target.

Anyways, i did some numbers and actually the axe on paper seems to do comparable damage to comparable weapon sets from other professions. Thing is that i am unsure where it fits between MH dagger and scepter because the first out damage it, while the second may also out damage it (once the bleeds gets stacked) and also out-range it. And that is before taking into account things like epidemic where suddenly scepter becomes a AOE bleed source (never mind that is has a AOE cripple/bleed as a intermittent attack while vulnerability on its own does little.

On that note, perhaps axe 1 should get a small (120?) aoe effect rather than replace the condition.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Raw damage
It may be simple, but IMO it would make a world of difference to the career because at the going rate of bug fixes it’ll be well over half a year before they’re all looked at. (Bearing in mind, there are actually other classes like Ele’s that have a hard time too getting theirs looked at and are far more played than necro’s)
The other reason is, conditions and necro’s being the manipulators of conditions just simply isn’t true, other classes can and in some cases exceed our ability to do it, also while maintaining a much better DPS output than a necro’s.

We very much need a power and a minion line worth investing into as neither are exactly viable at the moment.
Deathshroud also needs to be more than just an ‘Enhanced’ downed state.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swadow.6213

Swadow.6213

Proper melee weapon with finishers, increased finishers overall and overall QoL-improvements. These QoL-improvements would include buffs to Staff 1 so it would be usable, rearranging and buffing of traits to make sense