So that Daredevil...

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raziel.8072

Raziel.8072

I’ve fought about a dozen DD’s so far in WvW, and this is how the fights went:
Evade, Evade, Evade,Evade, land a single poison-poison immediately cleared, Evade, Evade, ect ect. Needless to say I barely landed a single hit and certainly was not able to generate life force. Thankfully the part I was worried about the most (being interrupted and shut down) never came to play. I guess thieves just enjoy dat spam too much to put any skilled thought behind fighting. When going against them as Reaper, I was dead in seconds. No LF generation, RS melted almost as soon as I put it up. When going core necro I managed to stay up a little longer because I could juke them with some ranged attacks. All over-dramatizing aside I did manage to land a fear or chill or two but that was honestly it. This is going to be a real problem unless we can figure out better counters for them or those endless evades get brought into check.

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Typhron.2318

Typhron.2318

Reaper is far too slow for PvP at present, but that seems to be by design, adhering to the “theme”. But Core necro fairs much better so it’s not all bad./

Perhaps having our “unblockable marks” staff talent make them unevadable too? There supposed to be like magical traps that Thiefs and Rangers (and Guardians now) use. Then again, that’s a band aid fix that wouldn’t do too much in the grand scheme.

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Evade, Evade, Evade,Evade, land a single poison-poison immediately cleared, Evade, Evade, ect ect. Needless to say I barely landed a single hit and certainly was not able to generate life force. Thankfully the part I was worried about the most (being interrupted and shut down) never came to play. I guess thieves just enjoy dat spam too much to put any skilled thought behind fighting. When going against them as Reaper, I was dead in seconds. No LF generation, RS melted almost as soon as I put it up. When going core necro I managed to stay up a little longer because I could juke them with some ranged attacks. All over-dramatizing aside I did manage to land a fear or chill or two but that was honestly it. This is going to be a real problem unless we can figure out better counters for them or those endless evades get brought into check.

As the reaper currently I own anything that’s not a theif,ranger, mesmer. And I can still beat the mesmers and rangers but they just run all the time. Can’t catch em at all.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArcanistSeven.8720

ArcanistSeven.8720

thats what thief is suppose to do they are suppose to be agile and stealth for the longest time they have been pretty much forced into one build

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

Raziel.8072

Don’t misunderstand me. I like the DD and I like that thieves now have a build besides worn out old backstab. But I’m sure by now some of you have seen the video of a DD doing a literal 3 min long evade spam, all while continuing to deal damage and have access to ample Condi clear. Having just done some DD myself to understand it better, I now see where it becomes invulnerable against necro/reaper. We cannot maintain weakness on them because we either cannot hit them or they can insta clear. we cannot out sustain because we need to hit them to maintain LF. We cannot negate their damage because the only defense we could use is blinds (no blocks/invulns- which I am NOT asking for) which is irrelevant because we only have stationary blinds (wells, nightfall, not counting dagger 3 because you can easily LoS it or just sidestep). Since we have zero counter where is the downside for DD? They should either have to give up some sustain to continue damage or give up damage to continue sustain. Otherwise you just unleashed the GW2 version of permasin and allll of those problems start all over again.

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

Now this is purely from a pvp POV but try full zerk,spite,reaper and blood magic. GS/DD,blood-suffering-corruption and darkness wells with elite shout.

Haven’t had trouble with a single thief. They melt away.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Of course if a thief sits on your wells it’s gonna be easy. Now go against a thief softening you down with shortbow kite before bursting you down.

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

Raziel.8072

Now this is purely from a pvp POV but try full zerk,spite,reaper and blood magic. GS/DD,blood-suffering-corruption and darkness wells with elite shout.

Haven’t had trouble with a single thief. They melt away.

Well, pretty much what I was saying, you can’t run this kind of build as a counter to them because our wells are on such an insanely long cd, and all they have to do is walk away and kite/range us while we wait (or just pull us out). Going as reaper you won’t have DS range to shoot at them and staff is not even dodge-worthy, just sidestep. I’m really not even saying it’s a bad thing they can counter us so hard with this spec, because those stubborn thieves who still only insist on running BS/HS spambot builds I’ve found just melt to reaper. It’s the fact they have all the counters to us, but we can’t even really make a niche counter to them. What in our toolkit can provide us with either sustain or a means to hit something that cannot be hit? If we have none of those, we should have an escape? Nope. See where I’m going with it. We don’t have those tools, because we’re not meant to have them, that’s ok. But DD gets all the tools, with no cost associated. I won’t pretend to have a balance solution for that because like I said, I played DD and loved the hell out of it, but I also saw how easy it was to chew up necros, engis, and any non-d/d ele with pretty much zero risk involved. I even had a few good pops at some heavies and held my own without really knowing how to play the specialization properly at all.

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

Of course if a thief sits on your wells it’s gonna be easy. Now go against a thief softening you down with shortbow kite before bursting you down.

Place the wells around him…they’re baseline ranged now,remember?

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

Well,you have 5 on GS and 3 on dagger. Plus weakness on dagger 5….RS 2?
Drop one of your wells for spectral grasp or Bone Fiend which has immob. Also you have lots of chill. Plus if you build more chill into your build via runes and such it’ll be no problem Chilled while in wells is not a fun situation for any thief.

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s a 50 sec cd well that he can simply walk out of in less than 2 seconds.
You’re the one that needs to stay in melee. He can simply keep kiting you till you run out of lf and can’t hit him to generate lf and die eventually.

And daredevil removes chill/immobilize on dodge thanks to its grandmaster trait.

If a thief eats or doesn’t interrupt a 1 second cast dark pact then he deserves to die.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

You’re the one that needs to stay in melee. He can simply keep kiting you till you run out of lf and can’t hit him to generate lf and die eventually.

And daredevil removes chill/immobilize on dodge thanks to its grandmaster trait.

If a thief eats or doesn’t interrupt a 1 second cast dark pact then he deserves to die.

28,32 and 40…suffering,corruption and darkness respectively. Traited. He can’t dodge away every chill that you apply if especially if you also got runes and sigils which improve/give chill. By the time he dodges out of those chills you should be close to him. Necrocopter helps alot in this,as I said,GS 5 too. Blow that fear on him as well since you prob. won’t need the stab against him anyway.

I’m just saying it ins’t that big of a deal as it looks. Besides,kiting you in shortbow means he’s also loosing out on major dps.

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

“But Core necro fairs much better so it’s not all bad./”

or it could be that none here are an Expert in Reaper yet… me included. Iam not saying Reaper has higher skill cap then Necro but Iam saying mastering it by now is not a reality so give it time cause seeing ppl say: “Reaper is to slow for PvP” and totally dismissing it just cause that person cant make it work is not necessarely the Reapers fault…

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

So that Daredevil...

in Necromancer

Raziel.8072

28,32 and 40…suffering,corruption and darkness respectively. Traited. He can’t dodge away every chill that you apply if especially if you also got runes and sigils which improve/give chill. By the time he dodges out of those chills you should be close to him. Necrocopter helps alot in this,as I said,GS 5 too. Blow that fear on him as well since you prob. won’t need the stab against him anyway.

I’m just saying it ins’t that big of a deal as it looks. Besides,kiting you in shortbow means he’s also loosing out on major dps.

Even assuming we could land a chill, they last a whopping 2 seconds and they have multiple ways to remove that (one trait even lets them ignore it completely). You’re still missing the overall point. You’re playing napkincrafting. You don’t have all this wonderous time to wait out his dodges and whittle him down through the 1 out of every 15 hits you send his way. DD hits fracking hard man. And if you’ve seen any of them in WvW yet, well, then it wasn’t a DD, because you DON’T see them. They will run with another thief or mes and there’s zero you can do to stop the onslaught. At least with moldy cheese BS/HS builds you had to be pretty slow and dumb to let them get enough hits on you to gank you, there was some counterplay there with blinds, cripples, and yes the wells worked too because they had to remain in melee range longer to finish their chains or to re-enter stealth via CnD. DD can just evade back whenever they want and laugh at you while your LF never regenerates….