So, why was spectral walk nerfed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

The only reasonable explanation was that using spectral walk to reset your fall damage would somehow break HoT maps.

Turns out you can use glider to break your fall damage at any time. Multiple times per fall even.

There is literally no reason for spectral walk to not be able to be activated in midair.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Can you use gliders in the new WvW borderland? Because im pretty sure thats the main reason it was nerfed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Can you use gliders in the new WvW borderland? Because im pretty sure thats the main reason it was nerfed.

This.

HoT was designed on the assumption that no one ever needs to die from fall damage (though obviously it can still happen if you screw up). The rest of the game was not designed with that assumption, which is why we lost the ability to tank falls with DS and the Spectral Walk trick to reset our momentum. It has nothing to do with HoT.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Yeah, they just ignored the fact that revive orbs can do the same basic thing they said we shouldn’t be able to do.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Yeah, they just ignored the fact that revive orbs can do the same basic thing they said we shouldn’t be able to do.

It isn’t the same. For example if you are roaming in WvW. You are fighting and the necromancer seems to loose. Then he jumps off a cliff, using spectral walk, so he doesn’t die and got away and his opponent doesn’t get any loot or experience. And if the enemy isn’t a necromancer, he isn’t able to follow you, because he would die then.

Not sure if reviving orbs are working in WvW, but lets imagine they do and we have the same scenario. You are losing, jump off a cliff, you DIE, so the enemy gets the loot for defeating you. You still can revive then, but your enemy got something for defeating you.

Also, reviving orbs are something you have access to by the gem shop, so they give them cash and spectral walk doesn’t. ;D

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

It isn’t the same. For example if you are roaming in WvW. You are fighting and the necromancer seems to loose. Then he jumps off a cliff, using spectral walk, so he doesn’t die and got away and his opponent doesn’t get any loot or experience. And if the enemy isn’t a necromancer, he isn’t able to follow you, because he would die then.

Not sure if reviving orbs are working in WvW, but lets imagine they do and we have the same scenario. You are losing, jump off a cliff, you DIE, so the enemy gets the loot for defeating you. You still can revive then, but your enemy got something for defeating you.

Also, reviving orbs are something you have access to by the gem shop, so they give them cash and spectral walk doesn’t. ;D

Unless it was changed recently revive orbs dont work in WvW.

Still i dont think they change was made because of WvW. Breaking out of them map was definitly the reason and for the fact that you still can do it with revive orbs, i would say comes more down to the fact that Anet is rather slow with fixing those kind of bugs. Just look how long it took them to change sw after they changed shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Considering this was literally our only advantage in terms of escapes, I still don’t think it was inappropriate or OP.

Still, no point crying over spilled milk.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Unless it was changed recently revive orbs dont work in WvW.

Still i dont think they change was made because of WvW. Breaking out of them map was definitly the reason and for the fact that you still can do it with revive orbs, i would say comes more down to the fact that Anet is rather slow with fixing those kind of bugs. Just look how long it took them to change sw after they changed shroud.

I think the reason was actually for WvW, but specifically due to the Fire Keep on the new borderlands. While you can’t drop in behind the walls, a necro squad with spectral parachutes has attack paths nobody else does.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver