Soiherd

Soiherd

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Arenanet was planning on nerfing AoE.

I REAAAAALLY hope this doesn’t mean our Marks/Wells/Epidemic will be nerfed. Again.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

Soiherd

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

How can they nerf it? If its nerfed any further, the new aoe will be cleave. Which puts us at an even bigger disadvantage to the classes that actually have cleave.

Soiherd

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I suppose if Arenanet does infact nerf us, we might as well adopt our class clown playstyle.

I’ll be the first to invent the “Nicholas Cagemancer” build, and throw cleaving bees at everyone.

Soiherd

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Well nerfing AOE as a whole for the whole game is kind of a silly idea.

Soiherd

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I can actually see some classes needing the AoE nerfhammer, but not Necro, not Guardian

Soiherd

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I’m assuming you have a source to this. Did they say what type of nerf they were thinking about?

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Soiherd

in Necromancer

TheMightyAltroll.3485

It was a rumor a couple weeks ago the Devs would nerf AoE across the board due to mass PvP complaints. Which I can actually see as plausible. Next month they state they’ll start addressing more balance issues. I’m merely worried about our safety.

Soiherd

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It has been stated by ANet a few times that they wanted to look at reducing AoE in the hopes to make single target damage actually meaningful (which use single target damage when you can get comparable damage, but done on 5 people at once), but I’m not sure what they feel right now.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Soiherd

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

Is the AOE currently limited to 5 targets?

Soiherd

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

This isn’t a rumor; they straight-up said this a few months ago. But I have a feeling their thoughts on the issue have changed since they didn’t do any major AOE nerfs and they said they’re letting the current meta settle before making further changes.

Soiherd

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

does that mean non-cleaving weapons are getting buffed? :P

Soiherd

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

It means mesmer clones, illusions, minions and all that AI stuff is getting buffed if they proceed with something.