Soldier Reaper?

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

So heres the goal for this WvW reaper, Id like to make a soldier geared reaper with dolyak runes using GS and Staff. Id run wells to still provide those necro wells to my WvW. I would take decimate defenses so I dont need the precision (hopefully id have better dps this way). For sure would take blood magic so I can res allies and heal using wells.

Basically…. I want to be this guy thoughts?

https://youtu.be/sX5ff7W7IQQ?t=121

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Yeah decimate defenses will make soldier, valk, and cavalier all good choices.

btw you can basically be that guy with high toughness builds since you don’t need any vit, so look into knight/zerk, knight/cele, and stuff like that.

(edited by Khristophoros.7194)

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

I don’t know as if you need that much vit, granted you are a necro (I run NO vitality on my gear and still have 20k health).

I’m currently running Zealot’s/Knight’s and it’s working quite well in PvE—I’m sure it would work reasonably well for a reaper as well.

Honestly, it might be cooler to run GS with my set-up than my currently-equipped dagger/warhorn.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Why would you take dolyak runes though? Unless they got a buff, i am not aware of, they should still be a bad rune set.

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Why would you take dolyak runes though? Unless they got a buff, i am not aware of, they should still be a bad rune set.

even worse because of (of course) death shroud.

maybe OP thought they work while in shroud?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

I don’t know as if you need that much vit, granted you are a necro (I run NO vitality on my gear and still have 20k health).

I’m currently running Zealot’s/Knight’s and it’s working quite well in PvE—I’m sure it would work reasonably well for a reaper as well.

Honestly, it might be cooler to run GS with my set-up than my currently-equipped dagger/warhorn.

You don’t really want vit, but the power primary runes have vit on them so it’s a tradeoff.

Soldier – Tankiest because both vit and toughness, but no ferocity.

Valkyrie – Power primary with ferocity so it’s more damage than Soldier, but no toughness. With Decimate Defenses, you’re basically a zerker necro with more health. It’s not really a bad idea imo even though vitality isn’t the best stat because you’re still tankier than a zerker necro without losing damage.

Cavalier’s – More damage output than Soldier because it has both power and ferocity, but since it is toughness primary it’s less damage than Valkyrie. Highest sustain of the 3, middle of the road damage. I’d lean towards this one because it seems like a Knight necro but with more damage.

(edited by Khristophoros.7194)

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

You don’t really want vit

I would disagree because, with soul reaping, for every 100 hp you get you get 79dshp which is 158 vs direct damage. Incoming damage is variable but DS gain and drain is % based. The higher the number the more you gain % wise so the more it would offset incoming damage and the longer you would live because reapers can gain lf much easier in shroud than base necro.

Running a mix betwen 2 or 3 of those to get stats you want would be the best bet. You can get:

• 2100~2500+ power
  • 20~28k
  • 2600 ~3200 armour
  • 171~214% crit damag

Just depends on what you feel fits you best.

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Zalavaaris.5329

Yea I was unaware of that, if they don’t work in Shroud then nevermind. And the reason I was considering going with so much vit is because I feel as a melee class we would not have enough defensive abilities. Our life force is pretty much all we get so the more the better.

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Yea I was unaware of that, if they don’t work in Shroud then nevermind. And the reason I was considering going with so much vit is because I feel as a melee class we would not have enough defensive abilities. Our life force is pretty much all we get so the more the better.

I run Pvt right now on my necro and it is working out for me.

Normally vit would be a bad choice on a high HP class, BUUTTT death shroud scales with vit and toughness scales with both.

That and Necro’s get a lot of crit chance without any precision.

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Normally vit would be a bad choice on a high HP class, BUUTTT death shroud scales with vit and toughness scales with both.

Marthkus, any chance your build is similar to this?: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAoYWjc0QLNWTD22AHOOsGKZAEy/6MBigMguC1wkC-TZRBwAbOEAlLDs4EAYd/BAPBAA
Because I’ve seen great success with it. Potent in 1v1s and some 1v2, and good in team fights if only because you can fight like a rabid badger. As in, stab and AoE 1-3 people and put the pressure on while being durable (SA for the win there)

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Zalavaaris.5329

Marthkus, any chance your build is similar to this?: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAoYWjc0QLNWTD22AHOOsGKZAEy/6MBigMguC1wkC-TZRBwAbOEAlLDs4EAYd/BAPBAA
Because I’ve seen great success with it. Potent in 1v1s and some 1v2, and good in team fights if only because you can fight like a rabid badger. As in, stab and AoE 1-3 people and put the pressure on while being durable (SA for the win there)

I tried pretty much the EXACT same build and I had a hard time without foot in the grave. Stun lock warriors were a nightmare.

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

I tried pretty much the EXACT same build and I had a hard time without foot in the grave. Stun lock warriors were a nightmare.

The way I figure, Stun Lock Warriors are the minority of enemies you face, so Death Perception is the better trait overall because it boosts your dps in shroud, though I’d say the choice between the two is a preference

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

Hahaha xD Now I pictured myself as a Reaper blowing through the enemy zerg,sending them flying both left and right xD *s all fun and games in theory though :P

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Zalavaaris.5329

Hahaha xD Now I pictured myself as a Reaper blowing through the enemy zerg,sending them flying both left and right xD *s all fun and games in theory though :P

Knock back and knock down added to reaper auto attack confirmed rofl

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

Knock back and knock down added to reaper auto attack confirmed rofl

Also,kitten stats and such,all you basically need is one ascended ring to rule them all!

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

So heres the goal for this WvW reaper, Id like to make a soldier geared reaper with dolyak runes using GS and Staff. Id run wells to still provide those necro wells to my WvW. I would take decimate defenses so I dont need the precision (hopefully id have better dps this way). For sure would take blood magic so I can res allies and heal using wells.

It didnt end well for him though

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Zalavaaris.5329

It didnt end well for him though

That’s because he didn’t stack when his group blasted water

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Dunno about you guys, but I’ll be running as-Ascended-as-possible Sentinels and doing my best to break the 40k hp mark. Current math has me at 37k with buffs and guard stacks; 40k wouldn’t be too hard with borderlands bloodlust, passive WvW bonuses, or guild buffs.

I’ll be completely ineffectual and probably a huge liability on the frontline, but it will be oh so satisfying.

(I wonder how much Death Shroud that’d give? Build calculators don’t seem to include that.)

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

They’re removing guard stacks so don’t factor that in.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

I was under the impression that they weren’t going to remove them, but instead make it so that it takes less time to invest in them fully (as in, decreasing the number of points needed to max them out)

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

I was under the impression that they weren’t going to remove them, but instead make it so that it takes less time to invest in them fully (as in, decreasing the number of points needed to max them out)

Nope.

“Due to granting the powerful Applied Fortitude and Applied Strength effects, the Defense Against Guards and Guard Killer lines needed to be extremely expensive, but that meant players often felt obligated to spend their first 230 points on these lines before they could begin branching out into other ability lines… This drove our decision to shorten the Guard Killer and Defense Against Guards lines to five, removing Applied Strength and Applied Fortitude.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upgrading-world-vs-world-upgrades/

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

Nope.

“Due to granting the powerful Applied Fortitude and Applied Strength effects, the Defense Against Guards and Guard Killer lines needed to be extremely expensive, but that meant players often felt obligated to spend their first 230 points on these lines before they could begin branching out into other ability lines… This drove our decision to shorten the Guard Killer and Defense Against Guards lines to five, removing Applied Strength and Applied Fortitude.”

Huh. Alright. Probably not the worst thing, anyway. Keeps WvW somewhat more balanced (not that that is much of a thing in that game mode)

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Nope.

Huh. Alright. Probably not the worst thing, anyway. Keeps WvW somewhat more balanced (not that that is much of a thing in that game mode)

Aww come on! The asymmetry is what makes it fun!

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Guess I’ll have to convert my Dire set to Sentinels before the patch hits and enjoy myself then.

… Not like condimancer is doing too well nowadays, anywho.

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Close. I run Well of Blood, Well of Power, and Plague instead of spectral skills. Which means I take vital resistance instead.

In team fights the AOE well life steal heals a lot. I could see running lich again now that rampage is nerfed. I was bringing plague since rampage would take out my team if I didn’t counter it.

Soldier Reaper?

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

Close. I run Well of Blood, Well of Power, and Plague instead of spectral skills. Which means I take vital resistance instead.

In team fights the AOE well life steal heals a lot. I could see running lich again now that rampage is nerfed. I was bringing plague since rampage would take out my team if I didn’t counter it.

Marthkus… Give in to the Spectral side…. (the plus is near-invuln in 1v2s and actual invuln in 1v1s for nine seconds with traited Spectral Armor… Just putting that out there lol)

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper