Solo Roaming WvW questions....

in Necromancer

Posted by: Banjax.6573

Banjax.6573

perhaps i’m a glutton for punishment but, I think i’ve decided upon Necro for my camp flipping solo WvW roamer toon. i know i know, “go roll thief or warrior instead”…
I just have a thing for ranged dots and the necro aesthetic… what race/build would you go if started out fresh? I’m looking to maximize what speed the necro has, with the ability to quickly flip supply camps and get out asap.

“live long and prosper” – Obi-wan Kenobi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Quickest camp melting build? This is what I use when speed is of the essence:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7YjMaF7pbub07JEpCXD0jeBXAxoHETwYMA-jUCBYhCyINJjWAmqYIa5QFRjtaqIasqbY6YER1GxFRrWIgFrBA-w

Replace Undead with Torment Runes or something else for even more DoT condition stacks.

All about getting loads of conditions off right away, epidemic and melting an entire camp like butter, solo and with ease.

If I want a build that can handle capping a camp and killing a player or two while doing so (not that the above can’t, just harder when taking camp and fighting a player) I use my support zerg build instead:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7YjQad6Zaub07JApHXj9zTP+ecxjKMMA-jUCBYiCyINJjWQZm8IQ5RFRjtaqIas6ZER1qbYGxFRrWIgFrBA-w

Takes a good minute or so to take a camp, but I can deal with player adds while still under guard/camp pressure. For both you’re going to want to swap in signet of locusts for quick traveling when ooc. Swap out when going into combat.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

You don’t need any particular build to solo a camp in WvW quickly, you just need high condition damage, high duration, and epidemic. They don’t clear conditions, so they will all die once you stack up conditions on the supervisor and epdiemic. Just watch out for the blind.

As for general roaming builds, 30/20/0/0/20 is still far and away the best setup. Highest spike damage with 50% spectral armor and shorter cooldowns on our critical interrupt and powerful DS skills. I have run 5-6 different variants in looking for a better build, and for solo roaming, if you want to play conditions, that is the best there is.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

Personally, I find it pretty fun/manageable to solo camps using a 30,10,0,0,30 or 30,25,0,0,15 power based build. On non-upgraded camp, usually pull one box out and kill it, then run in, wh5, dual wells, life transfer and finish things off with dagger auto.

I know you like condis but consider this too

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Personally, I find it pretty fun/manageable to solo camps using a 30,10,0,0,30 or 30,25,0,0,15 power based build. On non-upgraded camp, usually pull one box out and kill it, then run in, wh5, dual wells, life transfer and finish things off with dagger auto.

Had a 2 man zerker necro group yesterday drop a camp in about 3 seconds with wells and lich, which was pretty cool, LOS’ing them together behind a house.

Upgraded camps are a mess to solo with a power build though, at least in my experience. You have to pull parts of the camp carefully, and waste a lot of time that just increases the odds of that server coming to defend it’s upgraded investment.

Of course if you are flipping a fully upgraded camp solo, that is generally a bad idea in any build.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Since we are talking WvW, I love roamer builds, they drop so fast and their bags and badges are gratefully welcomed.

in Necromancer

Sepreh.5924

Had a 2 man zerker necro group yesterday drop a camp in about 3 seconds with wells and lich, which was pretty cool, LOS’ing them together behind a house.

Upgraded camps are a mess to solo with a power build though, at least in my experience. You have to pull parts of the camp carefully, and waste a lot of time that just increases the odds of that server coming to defend it’s upgraded investment.

Of course if you are flipping a fully upgraded camp solo, that is generally a bad idea in any build.

Yeah, in my experience upgraded camps can be a nightmare. Usually try to pull 3 or 4, blow my wells and then just wait 40s before running in. You are 100% right though, by that time there is usually someone from the other server checking things out.

Youtube Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

It is?

in Necromancer

Sepreh.5924

It is?

Depends on the coverage. Most people are able to do it, it is just the time it takes to do it. With good enemy coverage, you usually aren’t able to flip the upgraded camp quickly enough before they come over. If the coverage isn’t that great, sometimes you are.

Youtube Necromancer

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

It is?

Depends on the coverage. Most people are able to do it, it is just the time it takes to do it. With good enemy coverage, you usually aren’t able to flip the upgraded camp quickly enough before they come over. If the coverage isn’t that great, sometimes you are.

Of course it is…. the most often upgraded camp you run into is NN on an opponent borderland. Whatever solo build you are running is going to take you at least a minute or two to down the camp. If you are lucky enough to find the camp unwatched (not likely against the top 6 servers during normal hours), then they are going to respond just in time to delay your cap.

Even if you manage to do the 1-2 people that show up, they will call more, and keep running back. As soon as even one of those 82 guards respawns, you are out of luck.

It isn’t difficult to kill the 82 guards, it is impossible to prevent the opposing server from graveyard zergging NN until more people show up. I have had this experience dozens of times up at NN. Most servers do care about that one camp staying upgraded.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

A zerker 30/10/0/0/30 wells + lichform can cap a normal camp really fast. But if you get jumped on while doing it, best of luck.

I much prefer the comfortable controlled plague brought by a Dire/Scavenging or perplexity 30/30/0/10/0. Can take on any camp variant, even those with the brigade of veteran ogre brutes or dredges. Those take 2 swoops though.

ps: I hope you made a norn Banjax, it’s ideal for roaming necro

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Banjax.6573

Banjax.6573

A zerker 30/10/0/0/30 wells + lichform can cap a normal camp really fast. But if you get jumped on while doing it, best of luck.

I much prefer the comfortable controlled plague brought by a Dire/Scavenging or perplexity 30/30/0/10/0. Can take on any camp variant, even those with the brigade of veteran ogre brutes or dredges. Those take 2 swoops though.

ps: I hope you made a norn Banjax, it’s ideal for roaming necro

Yup, went Norn for the Cheetah escape.

“live long and prosper” – Obi-wan Kenobi

in Necromancer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Sylvari is also very strong, due to it having racial immobilizes.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag