SoloQ builds for necro

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Hello there!

So im trying to make a condi build especially for Solo q where you can never count on teamplay/support up to what kind of players you get.

I need a good condi survivability build for when getting unknown solo players.

The point is to have as much survivability as possible while still having noticable/some decent damage.

What traits,rune,amulet, sigils, utilities to choose?

Ive tried already some variations, but not sure which build have the best synergy for that.

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

Well…condi route is at the moment in my opinion an all or nothing gambit.

I’ll give you what I use when solo queuing…just donĀ“t use it at high level pvp, but at low to mid level it’s quite effective.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhZ6khGopGsrGwbTg9GsQNYUxgawlSKAMAGWxfwSYKE-TJBBQBV4JAAgTBQN2f4hlBAA

And remember you will always need help, but you’ll also last longer and serve as a DPS sponge. Hopefully your team mates can pull some kills and peal for you before you get stomped.

Hope this helps

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

The new build on metabattle works really well for me
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Procmancer

This one feels so much more solo friendly compared to previous meta builds. It has easy-to-use and frequent AOE boon corruption and very good sustain as well.

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

This one feels so much more solo friendly compared to previous meta builds.

Only in low level PvP. You will lose every 1v1 (which happen frequently in solo Q) against an opponent who knows how to dodge or block your 10 second cooldown proc burst. Between these bursts you are extremely vulnerable and super easy kiteable in shroud as it drains fast. It is a pure team fighting build.

It has easy-to-use and frequent AOE boon corruption and very good sustain as well.

This build has the lowest possible sustain necro can offer. Not one single defensive traitline.

If you think this build has good sustain you never fought competent opponents.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Rolisteel.1375

Procmancer is not viable for mid-high-high level solo q as it requires teamplay to make it work and who knows what kind of teamplay skill level players you get on your team, maybe they never heard of teamplay or go tunnel vision, big solo hero, thats when you will fail with procmancer

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

Curses/darkness, path, contagion
Soul Reaping/speed, vital, foot
Reaper/augury, chilling, Blighter’s
Staff + Scepter/Dagger
Sigil of agility + Sigil of battle
Carrion Amulet + Rune of Altruism
YSIM, BIP, PS or NCSY, SOU, CTTB

Sry, replying from phone

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

(edited by Jayce.5632)

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Only in low level PvP. You will lose every 1v1 (which happen frequently in solo Q) against an opponent who knows how to dodge or block your 10 second cooldown proc burst. Between these bursts you are extremely vulnerable and super easy kiteable in shroud as it drains fast. It is a pure team fighting build.

It has easy-to-use and frequent AOE boon corruption and very good sustain as well.

This build has the lowest possible sustain necro can offer. Not one single defensive traitline.

Ive been bored of gw2 last half year and i missed out on the pro tourny meta being full glass with bloodmagic.

But as far as ive soloqed once every two weeks, ive randomly stumbled on the exact same thing. Not curses over soul which pretty much everyone be it power or condi uses, but even adventure runes
I dont think my MMR plumited into anything is viable level as im still meeting same old names.

Basically i think it is the new meta build.
3rd utility is a flex pick, and its a very effective build for the majority as well as veterans to squeeze extra juice out of it.

ps,
i use axe tho, staff has just felt meh for a while

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

(edited by Flumek.9043)

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

The problem with procmancer is that the shroud proc corrupts occur at the necro’s location, which means to use it you have to brawl. And brawling with that glassy of a necro build is not a good idea without tempest support.

YouTube

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Personally I use this build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBLhZ6kjGo3Gs4GwvGgeTscMYULhpwsKOH+DLiR9stVAA-TpRFABps/QBnAAAeAAnXGI5DBgCHBAA

It served me very well and can be altered depending on what you fight. Plague can be swapped in instead of Chilled to the bone if you want more survivalbility, Spectral Wall can be swapped for Spectral Armour if they have a lot of DHs, Spectral Wall can be swapped for Corrosive Poison Cloud or Corrupt Boon (in which case take Vital Persistence instead of Spectral Attunement). Runes of Rata Sum + Corrosive poison cloud can be hilarious too… sigil of geomancy can be taken instead of frailty for more burst.

Staff + Scepter/Dagger

Sry, replying from phone

Very interesting choices. I’m really interested to know how the sustain is in this build. How is Parasitic Contagion in sPvP? How is the sustain without Soul Marks but with Blighter’s Boon to compensate? I think the choice of using Chilling Darkness in Curses is really interesting cuz you get easy chills from Death’s Charge —> sustain from Chilling Victory + Blighter’s Boon…

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Jayce.5632

Staff + Scepter/Dagger

Sry, replying from phone

Very interesting choices. I’m really interested to know how the sustain is in this build. How is Parasitic Contagion in sPvP? How is the sustain without Soul Marks but with Blighter’s Boon to compensate? I think the choice of using Chilling Darkness in Curses is really interesting cuz you get easy chills from Death’s Charge —> sustain from Chilling Victory + Blighter’s Boon…

Sustain comes mainly from blighters and usually upon shroud entry, triggering from 6 boon stacks plus whenever stability pulses. Darkness trait does match up well with Charge, but I take it more for the additional condi when leap corrupting.

Striking a chilled foe to power victory is usually not a problem while in shroud, thanks to frost aura. Executioner’s Scythe lands a lot more frequently when casting after shroud entry due to the 1 sec quickness on weapon swap. I usually wait until they break stun before leaping to trigger the Darkness trait. Even if the leap is blocked or evaded, I still get the aura.

I do not miss taking the soul marks trait when I have blood is power plus weapon swap, when able, depending on how well I kite enemies. Instead of performing 4 actions to get 12% life force, I can preform 2 actions and get 14% life force. Besides, if I need unblockable marks, there’s always NCSY. Along with the horrible SOU, which gives 2% every 3 secs, I can leave spawn and arrive at the first point with 21%-24% life force with both blood is power and YSIM virtually off cooldown.

Contagion will go mostly unnoticed without a good transfer or free casting. But in the end, its just more green numbers, abit small, but nonetheless.

I must say that I primarily use shroud to escape before a situation goes south (especially with a failed attempt to rez with SOU), rebuild life force and prepare for the next engagement.

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

The problem with procmancer is that the shroud proc corrupts occur at the necro’s location, which means to use it you have to brawl. And brawling with that glassy of a necro build is not a good idea without tempest support.

The main thing is the meh feeling of staff poeple have been having. First it was power hipsters who said at this point theyd take axe over it (thats all pre axe buff), and now im even looking at taking the axe on a carrion build.

-theres no more 5k dmg on staff#3 to abuse hide and seek style
-so we cant safely 1320 range, were forced into 900-600 anyway
- a/f gives enough lifeforce, which ties with droping soulreaping and shifting away from good but unreliable 1-spam in shroud
-staff is just slow and too much % of its kit gets eaten by random blinds or interupts
-power dmg matters currently, most builds are zero toughness you usually end up 2:1 for power dmg on carrion, even on the precision amulets its a 1:1 ratio

Im not saying you dont instadie even with 30k hp, its just the survivability is same if not best among the necro choices we get and it has lots of instant counterpressure.
The playstyle is also flexible and feels fresh having 2 “viable” weaponsets.

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

In a realistic situation, you don’t have high-level pvp these days. And it doesn’t matter for 99.99999% of the player base.

Currently, ranked queue is ridiculously long. In unranked queue, you get ESL players and total noobs at the same time.

This build works pretty well in all situations you will possibly see these days.
(at least this is case in NA, maybe EU is different as there are more high-levle players).

(edited by Exciton.8942)

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

The main thing is the meh feeling of staff poeple have been having. First it was power hipsters who said at this point theyd take axe over it (thats all pre axe buff), and now im even looking at taking the axe on a carrion build.

-theres no more 5k dmg on staff#3 to abuse hide and seek style
-so we cant safely 1320 range, were forced into 900-600 anyway
- a/f gives enough lifeforce, which ties with droping soulreaping and shifting away from good but unreliable 1-spam in shroud
-staff is just slow and too much % of its kit gets eaten by random blinds or interupts
-power dmg matters currently, most builds are zero toughness you usually end up 2:1 for power dmg on carrion, even on the precision amulets its a 1:1 ratio

Im not saying you dont instadie even with 30k hp, its just the survivability is same if not best among the necro choices we get and it has lots of instant counterpressure.
The playstyle is also flexible and feels fresh having 2 “viable” weaponsets.

Stop projecting.
Staff is not what is causing people to dislike procmancer. Pmancer doesn’t even use staff as the main weapon.

And really no build uses staff as the main weapon. Staff has always been and will always be, a utility weapon. It’s used for area poison, condi transfer, and on-demand AoE fear access.

YouTube

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Sustain comes mainly from blighters and usually upon shroud entry, triggering from 6 boon stacks plus whenever stability pulses.

I do not miss taking the soul marks trait when I have blood is power plus weapon swap, when able, depending on how well I kite enemies. Instead of performing 4 actions to get 12% life force, I can preform 2 actions and get 14% life force. Besides, if I need unblockable marks, there’s always NCSY. Along with the horrible SOU, which gives 2% every 3 secs, I can leave spawn and arrive at the first point with 21%-24% life force with both blood is power and YSIM virtually off cooldown.

That sounds pretty ingenious actually haha. Lots of boons —> lots of heals and even lifeforce… and even when you use the shout heal, it gives even more life force because might and fury from runes.

Saw you a bit today in hot joins and was able to spectate a lil bit – was very survivable indeed. Fun stuff

Just as a random thought, have you considered Aristocracy Runes? It provides only 1% less lifeforce than Altruism and synergizes pretty well with all the might in the build. It could also increase heals (a lil bit) from parasitic contagion cuz more might = more dmg = more heals. Just thinking out loud

Interesting indeed. Do you take Signet of Undeath just for the sustain or as an actual res as well?

Have you ever considered using You Are All Weaklings in your build? It seems like it could be deadly with Chilling Victory and Blighter’s boon.. and so much mighttt… also adds up nicely with Blood is power. Carrion with 25 might, rest in peace haha.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Rolisteel.1375

“I must say that I primarily use shroud to escape before a situation goes south (especially with a failed attempt to rez with SOU), rebuild life force and prepare for the next engagement.”

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Jayce.5632

That sounds pretty ingenious actually haha. Lots of boons —> lots of heals and even lifeforce… and even when you use the shout heal, it gives even more life force because might and fury from runes.

Saw you a bit today in hot joins and was able to spectate a lil bit – was very survivable indeed. Fun stuff

Just as a random thought, have you considered Aristocracy Runes? It provides only 1% less lifeforce than Altruism and synergizes pretty well with all the might in the build. It could also increase heals (a lil bit) from parasitic contagion cuz more might = more dmg = more heals. Just thinking out loud

Interesting indeed. Do you take Signet of Undeath just for the sustain or as an actual res as well?

Have you ever considered using You Are All Weaklings in your build? It seems like it could be deadly with Chilling Victory and Blighter’s boon.. and so much mighttt… also adds up nicely with Blood is power. Carrion with 25 might, rest in peace haha.

You’re correct, Aristocracy if you want more damage but less heals. It still will not have much of an effect on contagion’s numbers.

I take SOU for both the life force and the rez, although I rarely use it in situations on downed allies who will most likely go down again almost immediately.

YAAW can be slotted in place of PS or NCSY. You just have decide on the kind of utility you’re going for. For instance, last night, I chose to forego curses and run death, a bit less damage, a bit more survival.

I just wanted to come up with a condi build that could generate life force in bursts rather than slowly over time. The build had to also focus on the shortest cooldowns. These two things I believe will be a must-have for necros wishing to participate in season 5, wether if you’re running condi or not.

(edited by Jayce.5632)

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

This one feels so much more solo friendly compared to previous meta builds. It has easy-to-use and frequent AOE boon corruption and very good sustain as well.

I don’t know if I like this build or not… I admit it has sneaky survivability with the Adventure Runes/Your Soul Is Mine! combo and probably actually out boon corrupts the other builds.

But like, at the end of the game, my damage in it is super weak compared to Signetspite—often with my power damage topping my condi damage by a little…

I blame the millions of guardians in solo queue and the loss of unblockable Staff Marks.

Also, DP thiefs absolutely wreck this build as you don’t have enough life force to survive their hit and runs.

Then again, maybe I just wasn’t using it right… I only rocked it for like six games when it first came out, then got mad and switched back to Signets so I could wreck guardians again.

EDIT: Also, squishy life-force makes it really hard to stomp and no Dhuumfire or Death Perception make it impossible to cleave in this build… So, you have to rely on your team to finish off downed people in team fights, which is SUPER frustrating in solo queue.

(edited by narcx.3570)

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

narcx,
i think best way to describe it is procmancer is more ranged.

If youre 1v1 on point, and have enemy who allows you just a few shroud 1s, then you can easily outdmage anyone with dhuumfire. I forgot how strong it is while watching a guildie duel, a few dhuumfires and it made enemy blow soo much for just a few autos.

But if you get kited or instabursted in teamfights, you might as not focus your dps and vital persist to make u live 5s instead of 4.

If you can live without the staff cleanse,
take axe. Youll have 2 decent RANGED offensive weaponsets, both with boonrip and if something jumps you then you go melee shroud – and like name suggests the sigil and trait procs alone can make poeple back off

SoloQ builds for necro

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

Jayces BIP + Blighter build, modified with more standard utilities
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArYWjc0Q1N2XDe2A/NWwFs4rYXMMCd1CAHgotWH4DA-TpRHABBcIA+uMwAnAg02fggHAAAHBAA

OK, idk what it is but I had an absolute blast with this yesterday.

-You can self generate lifefore AND BOTH swap procs pre fight
-You can burst from 1200 with only 2 actions , you dont miss the chill bleed dps loss
-You win every transfer battle
-You can somewhat run/kite and sustain with a 20s consume
-Combine above with a 15s burst cooldown
-Plague, i still forget to troll with it, it really wastes 2v1 attempts
-You got enough corrupts to get resistance of from warriors
-Thiefs die to the autoproc and you till have an instant active, if you land both BIP which are 13s apart, gg

Basically it feels like it doesnt have much counterplay like the regular builds which often require a melee stillstander, this thing kills from range, from start with no ramp up, and has autoprocs.