Something odd happened with my Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

You know how the untraited cooldown of DS is 10 seconds, right? Well it seems that (maybe from some time ago didnt look into it since weapon swap “fix”) if you get kicked out of ds, despite the 1 second lock off from your utilites (1.49 to be precise) DS cooldown on the other hand goes down to 5 seconds (as in if you get 10%+ LF as soon as you get kicked out of ds you wont have to wait 10 but only 5 seconds till you can use it again).
Funny note aside the 1% always being there and DS counting as its own hp bar with jumping.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

You know how the untraited cooldown of DS is 10 seconds, right? Well it seems that (maybe from some time ago didnt look into it since weapon swap “fix”) if you get kicked out of ds, despite the 1 second lock off from your utilites (1.49 to be precise) DS cooldown on the other hand goes down to 5 seconds (as in if you get 10%+ LF as soon as you get kicked out of ds you wont have to wait 10 but only 5 seconds till you can use it again).

Any specific circumstances that this happened to you? Sure you didn’t have Near to Death enabled? I flash DS a lot in my build and I’ve never had this happen to me. It’s always the 10s set cooldown, untraited.

Funny note aside the 1% always being there and DS counting as its own hp bar with jumping.

What?

I am The No.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

What do you mean by “kicked out of DS”?

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Getting kicked out of ds = degen taking its tool if you are under 3% life force or getting hit out of it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Steven K C.6731

Steven K C.6731

I notice this alot in the under-water fractal. If I let my DS degen to empty I can re-enter DS in only 5 seconds. I’ve only got 20 in SR so I know I don’t have near to death on, I use a trident spectral walk/armor and signet of the locust. The only DS related traits I run is the minor spite trait that makes life/plauge blast grant might on use and the minor SR trait that makes Life/plauge blast pierce and cause vunerabilty. Since I don’t run anything that affects the cool-down of DS I just assume it’s a bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I thought that was integrated in a patch sometime. Interrupted skills have reduced cool down. Cannot find the evidence in patch notes, though. For some reason, I thought reduced, rather than full, cool down on a skill in use is standard for everyone.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Ahaha oh my gosh. I figured it out, I think.

When you enter Death shroud, it puts F1 on a 10 second recharge. When you leave Death Shroud, it does the same thing again. But if you’re forced out of DS, it won’t reset the recharge to 10 seconds, instead it’ll just be whatever is left of that first 10 second duration. And yeah, the lockout is consistently just whenever you’re forced out of DS.

This means that if you stay in DS for 10 seconds before being forced out, it won’t be on recharge when you leave, you just need to generate the requisite DS first.

How have I never noticed this before.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

When you enter Death shroud, it puts F1 on a 10 second recharge. When you leave Death Shroud, it does the same thing again. But if you’re forced out of DS, it won’t reset the recharge to 10 seconds, instead it’ll just be whatever is left of that first 10 second duration. And yeah, the lockout is consistently just whenever you’re forced out of DS.

This means that if you stay in DS for 10 seconds before being forced out, it won’t be on recharge when you leave, you just need to generate the requisite DS first.

That does seem to be the case, if you get kicked out from DS, be it by degen or enemy attacks, the CD is not being reset to 10 seconds unlike when you manually press a button to leave DS.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

That does seem to be the case, if you get kicked out from DS, be it by degen or enemy attacks, the CD is not being reset to 10 seconds unlike when you manually press a button to leave DS.

I think it does reset, but to the value as if we had Near to Death (since you seem to always get 5 seconds). You know how the skills with different cooldowns arent actually the same thing by script (what was the reason for the whole bugged greater marks/cooldown), maybe it triggers a different ds exit if you get kicked out.

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

I think it does reset, but to the value as if we had Near to Death (since you seem to always get 5 seconds). You know how the skills with different cooldowns arent actually the same thing by script (what was the reason for the whole bugged greater marks/cooldown), maybe it triggers a different ds exit if you get kicked out.

Just tested it out again on the chieftain NPC in the mists. First time I had very little LF and once he kicked me out of it I had 8 second CD on DS. Second time I had more LF, dodged and kited a few attacks and had 4 seconds CD when he knocked me out of DS. So yeah, Softspoken got the correct version.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

I’ve gotten 8 seconds by making sure I take a spike of damage as soon as I enter (with only 11% available in DS) and 0 seconds by taking the long slow drain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DelOnasi.6051

DelOnasi.6051

This is correct as far as I’ve seen – it has been like this for months, and I’ve considered posting, but haven’t because it’s a neat trick and I didn’t particularly want it “fixed”. Great for surviving in PvE, and one reason to sit in death shroud rather than popping out of it.

(A lot of skills in the game seem to work like this – the activation triggers are tied to certain UI buttons/keys, not the event itself. For example, engineer medkit unequip it counts as a heal skill if you press ‘6’ (or your heal-mapped key), but not if you weapon swap to unequip it.)

Dungeon Master ~ Litter of Lions [Arch] Admin ~ Devona’s Rest

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Yep, just got to it, its just since i was in a low level zone degen took most life force of it (so it always fell to around 5 seconds), but another thing, if you are in DS for more then 10 seconds, it seems to reset from time to time? (Was in AC tanking the gravelings, ton of em died just as i got hit out of ds, it had a 9 second cd). This stuff really needs testing (that im too lazy to do), since i know it just used to be 10 seconds no matter how you exit since they dropped the cd on DS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DelOnasi.6051

DelOnasi.6051

Yep, just got to it, its just since i was in a low level zone degen took most life force of it (so it always fell to around 5 seconds), but another thing, if you are in DS for more then 10 seconds, it seems to reset from time to time? (Was in AC tanking the gravelings, ton of em died just as i got hit out of ds, it had a 9 second cd). This stuff really needs testing (that im too lazy to do), since i know it just used to be 10 seconds no matter how you exit since they dropped the cd on DS.

It doesn’t make sense from an implementation perspective, but I think it might matter whether you are hit out of death shroud or it degens to 0 naturally.

Dungeon Master ~ Litter of Lions [Arch] Admin ~ Devona’s Rest

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

When I have the bug occur with being knocked out of death shroud by CC (rarely happens, but sometimes does), I have no cooldown at all on death shroud. I can jump back in immediately then, assuming I have the life force.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Datarus.9871

Datarus.9871

//Sorry for my bad English//.

I did some testing today:
1. Death shroud cooldown statrs when you press F1 (and only when you press F1)
2. It does not matter whether you use F1 to enter Death shroud, or get out: cooldown starts from last application of F1
3. So,

if you’re forced out of DS, it won’t reset the recharge to 10 seconds, instead it’ll just be whatever is left of

last F1 application

P.S “F1” – the key to which DS is bound

(edited by Datarus.9871)

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

//Sorry for my bad English//.

I did some testing today:
1. Death shroud cooldown statrs when you press F1 (and only when you press F1)
2. It does not matter whether you use F1 to enter Death shroud, or get out: cooldown starts from last application of F1
3. So,

if you’re forced out of DS, it won’t reset the recharge to 10 seconds, instead it’ll just be whatever is left of

last F1 application

What if I told you that my DS is bound to just F?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Datarus.9871

Datarus.9871

Ok… “last manual application of death shroud (in or out)”
I’m use “F1” term just because it default key

(edited by Datarus.9871)

in Necromancer

Posted by: psygate.5632

psygate.5632

What if I told you, that I don’t care if you bound it to your hamster? :P

Nostalgyus-Necromancer (Kodash)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I am not sure a hamster could survive the abuse my “G” (DS) key gets.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

Mine’s on CTRL. >.>

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

DAE bind their DS on other keys outside F1?

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

My fingers never seem to find the F() keys correctly…. so I rebound all of them for my mesmer, and just kept those assignments for my necro. Going from a keyboard to a laptop and back, the physical location of those keys changes and it bothers my brain.

F1- G
F2- Shift G
F3 – Shift W
F4 – Shift D

Works okay for me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Game controller key 11.

Isn’t it suppose to start it’s CD on Entering DS. Like Ele’s changing element?
One day, they are going to fix the bug where it got it’s CD again for leaving yourself…

Transfusion + Life Transfer channeling while your DS ticks out, means you drop out and the channel continues & you get some heals. I think that’s actually a bug.

(edited by Bweaty.9187)