Soul Marks v unyielding blast v Vital pers

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

So Im kind of stuck. I need to choose between these traits for 2 builds:

First of all my powermancer: I got my traits all sorted out except SR 2 and 4. For power unyielding blast is kind of obvious (really nice against mesmers, MM, when ppl are ressing) but than I’m not sure between soul marks and vital persistence. One would give me more LF and the other would decrease it’s decay. Currently I’m using vital persistence but 12% more LF seems really good too. Thoughts?

Second, my new spectral build. SR 2 is already equipped with spectral mastery. (Obvious) but than I’m not sure about SR 4 again. I don’t need soul marks because I already have soo many ways of getting LF (WH 5, spectral skills, dagger, curses 2, staff auto, golem dying, etc) but than I’m stuck between UB and VP. I have lots of LF regen so staying in DS longer would be good, but vuln on auto A would be good too. Thoughts?

I’ve run around hotjoints with different combinations of the traits but one combo doesn’t feel much Better than the other….
Any input appreciated.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

vital persistence is a crux of the build.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

vital persistence is a crux of the build.

This. Any power build that goes into soul reaping should take it.

The reduction from 4% to 2% LF degeneration per second is really high for builds that stay longer in DS.

But then again if you LF gain is bad you may better of with soul marks but honestly power builds normally have sufficient LF generation to justify taking vital persistence over unyielding blast or soul marks.

I think it rather comes down to unyielding blast v soul marks…

Edit: This is off topic but i think vital persistence is mandetory if you run unholy sanctuary (which you may take in a spectral build).

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Imo Vital Persistence is a great trait for any power build planning to shoot LBs a lot. In a spectral build, I think unyielding blast is better, although VP would be good too.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Alright so I’ve chosen VP for the first build but I’m still stuck with #2.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

vital persistance > soul marks > ds1 piercing

Thats for pvp. You dont need piercing unless you go all the way full glass , or if youre not using staff ofc

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

For my pvp powermancer build I take vital persistence and unyielding blast. I take VP in every build, actually, but UB is critical to killing most AI builds, plus it helps to cleave downed enemies.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Imo out of all traits in Soul Reaping, for a power build Unyielding Blast is the most important one after Death Perception.
Out of the 3 mentioned here Soul Marks is the worst.
So if you really must have VP i’d rather drop Spectral Mastery even if you go full spectral.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

In my PvP build, I use Vital Persistance as Adept and Close to Death or Unyielding Blast for Master. I find Unyielding Blast especially useful to packed enemy players; such as when they are overconfident when you are outnumbered against them or when one is trying to rezz downed. Close to Death is a more defensive option, which allows you to hop in Death Shroud sooner. During close encounters, hopping into DS 3 seconds sooner can be important.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I was using vital persistence on my zerker power necro the one you asked about a few days ago, until I eventually found it was only worth it in a 1v1 fight but then again it wasn’t because I spend so much time in ds I occasionally don’t use bip when it’s off cooldown . In 2v2+ you are getting focused enough that the slower ds regen isnt worth it. Alot of people here seem to be on the side of unyielding but I always have trouble with that stupid trait, I never see it hitting two people let alone more than that and I am trying to position myself so it works, the argument I can see for this is cleaving downed players but with the new dagger cleave and with staff auto already cleaving when I see a downed player generally I drop marks 2 3 and 5 depending on if anyone’s trying to res pop wh5 and go to town with daggers. So my vote is soul marks. Keeping constant life force regen on a zerker power necro seems more important to me than anything else. You won’t need near to death or any of that since you are never going to be manually exiting ds unless the fight is over so making sure both weapon sets have reliable lf regen is what I have found most important.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Alright guys thanks for all the input I’ll be testing some more and see how things go but I’m almost sure I will never make up my mind

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I like NtD myself. Works great if you plan to often play with DS, free weakness, bleed and retaliation.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

I like NtD myself. Works great if you plan to often play with DS, free weakness, bleed and retaliation.

I use near to death as well.