Soul Reaping Hype

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

this is for wvw solo roaming

I can’t wait for the new changes to hit!
especially the traitline soul reaping.

Name Tier CD Description
Gluttony Minor Increase life force gain from skills by 10%.
Last Gasp Minor Gain Spectral Armor when your health falls below the threshold (50%).
Strength of Undeath Minor You do more damage while above the life-force threshold (50%). Max Life-force increased by 15%.

All the minors are AWESOME and that is not all!

Name Tier CD Description
Speed of Shadows Adept III Increase 25% movement speed while in death shroud. Reduces 30% recharge on death shroud.
Vital Persistence Master V Life force drains 50% slower while in death shroud. Death shroud skills recharge 15% faster.
Foot in the Grave GM VII Gain stability and break stuns when you enter death shroud.

I’m planning to go the above 3 traits. LOOK AT THAT.

good MS in DS. but most importantly, DS can be entered every 6 seconds! A necromancer is most vulnerable when he just left DS and can’t reenter for the next 10 secs. but with this, the window of vulnerability has just decreased!

LF drains slower means you can pull off more moves like dark path and shackles instead of just using it for flashing fear, without losing too much of your LF!

stun breaker and 1 stack of stability…i don’t know but hammer/rampage warriors are going to find it much harder to lock me down and kill me before their berserker stance run out…

hahahahahahahahha

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

hahahahahahahahha

Leman

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Yeah, Soul Reaping seems rather solid for that purpose. Some work on Dhuumfire and a little shaving and baseline merges and i would consider this line “perfect”

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I just dont like that u have to choose between Spectral Trait & Vital Persistance now… upsets me and cinflicts with current build.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anubis.7058

Anubis.7058

good MS in DS. but most importantly, DS can be entered every 6 seconds!

7, tooltip is bugged, CD is 10, 10-30% (aka 3) = 7

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

A breackstun with 1 stack of stability? Warriors in rampage will go crazy!
No, they simply crush you down with they’re kick, or the rock. We’ve not enough stability to fight a CC class. And if you want to flee from a Rampage Warrior remember that they have a 1000 range movement skill to catch you, a rock that knock down you with 600 range and a perma swiftness on them that let them catch you easy with a gap of 8% in movement speed.
And to reactive you breakstu+stability you have to stay Out of DS for 7 sec. And if you’re using it to attack and flee you will never be happy to go out of it only to obtain another breakstun.

Your build isn’t so bad, just it’s not good like you think, expecially against some classes.

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Still not in full agreeance that this line is as it should be, but it is likely one of the more solid lines we have, along with spite. The other lines I am not so sure about.

The things that bother me about SR is the nerf to dhuumfire. Yeah, great, it has a green glowing fire animation now, but they cut the damage by 2/3s because you can stack it 3 times now. Which essentially means, that condi buidls who take this skill, will have to stay in DS 3 times longer to stack damage to reach the levels we put out in one shot. It’s already tough enough to keep DS on a condi build, and staying there longer to output damage when 3 scepter hits will do more and at a faster rate.

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Dhuumfire did not get nerfed, it got buffed by removing the ICD (duration is the same as now). Burning got changed.

There is a very significant difference.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

But with the changes to burning, we will still see a drop in burning damage per lifeblast, requiring us to stay in ds longer to get the same level in burning damage.

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Dhuumfire did not get nerfed, it got buffed by removing the ICD (duration is the same as now). Burning got changed.

I have been a 6/6/0/0/2 full Dire/Undead rune solo roamer for a very long time with little changing to my build. There is a long damage rotation you need to cycle through to get the most out of your burst.

Enter Death Shroud → Dark Path (chill, bleed) → Life Blast (burn, vulnerability) → Tainted Shackles (torment, immobilize) → Doom (fear) →Scepter AA (bleed, bleed, poison) → Grasping Dead (bleed, cripple) |Chill Of Death proc| → Enfeebling Blood (bleed, weakness) → Deathly Swarm [if needed] (blindness + 1 – 3 conditions) → Mark Of Blood (bleed) → Chillblains (chill, poison) → Reaper’s Mark (fear).

That’s a looooonnngggg rotation to get the same kind of damage a Mesmer, Engineer, Thief or even a decent trapper Ranger could get with about half the attacks. It doesn’t take too long to cycle through all of these skills once you’ve practiced it but with our cast times, it can be easy to avoid some of the key points in the cycle such as dodging Doom or Dark Path.

The removal of ICD is nice but the only way I can think of this as a positive change would be if I went full Rabid for precision, got Rage sigils on both of my weapons and wait for Quickness to proc before I enter Death Shroud to get as many Life Blasts off as I can before the Quickness ends. Which, best case scenario would be about 3 (3 stacks of burning).

I agree it’s a change not a nerf but it definitely feels like a nerf…

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

It’s neither yet we have no idea of it’s scaling and if it will remain 1 stack which is terrible btw all it does right now is possibly making DS more friendly to conditions I’m still worried that we will hit like a wet noodle without Lingering Curse terrible design btw, FotG is not really worth it as a GM even if damage is not your focus a stab on exit would make it decent mayyybe it needs to feel like it does more than replace a break stun which it will still be an inferior design.

No doubts however Soul Reaping is our best line.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Soul Reaping Hype

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Interesting thing is that now we will want to camp Scepter the most and use Staff just for couple utilities.

With bonus condi damage and +100% condi duration, it will not only affect Dhuumfire, but also Doom and PoC.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144