Specialization Idea: Witchcraft (Torch Necro)

in Necromancer

Posted by: MMOStein.3872

MMOStein.3872

Seriously why is Torch not a weapon for Necro??? This is such a perfect weapon for the class. The fire/glowing effects on the torches are spot on and it goes perfectly with the Necro theme. It would give the class a much more ghostly appearance. I can imagine myself wielding an Axe/torch for days! I would love to see this as the next elite spec or class upgrade. So here is what I came up with just messing around with ideas in the hopes that maybe some devs can get inspired from this!

Elite Specialization name: Witchcraft, or something that references phantoms and demonic…..things. Unlocks the ability to offhand (or dual wield) torches. The specialization will focus mainly on illusions (Unique from mesmer of course) and burning conditions.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Weapons:
Torch/Torch- Seriously, this would be so effin boss! You get 5 new torch abilities for main and off hand that are enhanced by the Witchcraft trait skills.
or
x/Torch with new utilities- you get 2 off hand torch abilities and 4 new Utility skills that emphasizes corruption, illusions, and burning. Also enhanced by the Witchcraft trait skills.

Examples of the specialization
Example one:

Utility (Nyctophobia) or (Lights out): : The target is Blinded and inflicted with “Darkness”.

Darkness:
(PVP) Target’s screen will go dark and will become disoriented (Your movement keys get screwed up). Fire damage is increased by 33%.
(PVE ) Mobs won’t attack and will run frightfully in random directions. Fire damage is increased by 33%.
Duration: 3s
Number of targets:1
CD: 35s

Example 2:
Torch skill (Gates of Hell) or (Cremation): Summon a giant torch from the underworld in the target area that cripples foes and applies a powerful burning condition.
Duration 6s
Applies 5 Burns (xxx damage) lasting 15 seconds.
Radius 600
CD: 40s

Example 3:
Trait skill ( Go towards the light): Targets below the health threshold will take 15% more damage from burning conditions. If Target is killed by burn on last hit will, you restore life force.
Threshold: 25%
life force restored: 10%

Example 4:
Elite skill (I’m A Monster!) As a last resort, you enter a phantom like form, a truly horrifying entity. You lose movement speed, but gain some health and take significantly less damage. If you are downed while in this form, you inflict PTSD on up to 5 targets. If the transformation expires and you are not downed, you gain a protection for 10 seconds and 50% of your health is restored. This skill CANNOT be canceled when activated.
Duration: 10s
Movement speed -50%
Flat health gained while skill is active: Equivalent to +50% of your vitality.
Incoming damage mitigated: 50%
Damage dealt: -33%
protection: You take 9% less damage for 10s.
CD: 220s

Condition applied to foes when you are downed:
“PTSD”-Chain (root) nearby foes near your corpse and they take increased damage from allies.
applies 1 root
Damage taken: +20%
Number of targets 5
Duration: 5 seconds
Radius: 600

The idea of this ability is to support the idea of a Tank Necro by turning you into something that seemingly just won’t die. This is a team-based ultimate ability that grants you massive protections at the cost of most of your ability to fight, and punishes enemies that dare to kill you in this form. This will be especially effective in group PVP or PVE content. In PVE it will probably be mainly used for tanking large damage and for the health regen at the end.

In PVP it will be mostly used as a support ability on your deathbed in a group fight (with the PTSD condition) As this is the last thing you can do for your team before you potentially die. This skill idea is pretty complicated on paper. Its not perfect but you should get the general idea here lol.

These skills, weapons and abilities will only be available when you slot the Witchcraft specialization tree. Reaper and Witchcraft cannot be used at the same time because they are both Elite specs and can only fit on the bottom row (assuming this is how elite specs and future class upgrades will even work).

Now of course I didn’t think about class balance when coming up with these examples (especially with the elite skill which probably sounds REALLY op lol). These are just some of my little creative examples of what the theme and concept would actually look like. A devastating specialization designed around fire and confusion! You are mid-range condition based glass cannon with many utilities and/or skills that keep your enemy confused and way from you while ruthlessly burning him down.

So what do you think? Would you like to see a variation of a “Torch Necro” one day? Would you like to see something else? tbh I just wanted to offhand a freakin Torch on my Necro and it inspired this class Idea :p

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Yeah, the torch is a really popular weapon for a futur elite spec… I hope the necro will end up with it. (That said, Anet seem to enjoy a lot not giving wanted things)

PS.: Please no more transform skill in this game. The necromancer already have the shroud, an elite transformation would be redundant. Beside, we already have plague and lich form as example of what we don’t wan’t to have anymore. A quick skill with a decent CD is hundred time better than a cluncky transformation with horrid cool down.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MMOStein.3872

MMOStein.3872

Yeah I was also thinking maybe I shouldn’t come up with ANOTHER transform skill as an example. But normal necro has death shroud and Reaper has reaper shroud so I had to come up with at least one potential transform skill for the spec lol. So I came up with a more sacrificial type of skill. You won’t get a new skill bar like shroud or Lich, you just get a cool transform skin (kinda like Druid) While benefiting from the buffs. Maybe they can take one of the crappy elites (like Plague…) and update it to be much more useful or cool like this.

I can’t believe they idn’t have torch as one of the default weapons though. The moment I equipped one on another class I instantly thought it should have been on necro too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

As long as they are immune to the Sink condition, I’m on board!

in Necromancer

Posted by: JirdyBirdy.9120

JirdyBirdy.9120

Hey, I have been fancy-ing some idea about torch-based elite spec for necro myself! Similar to yours, mine has illusion-theme with focus on condition burst.

The idea I have is that skills would summon “apparitions” that would attached itself and followed the target for certain amount of time, pulsing conditions or other effects as long as it is active. Think of it as movable well if you may.

Example
Elite Skill: Brink of Madness
Spawn an apparition on a target that pulse dark field to torment foes and convert boons to conditions
- Number of boon corrupts: 3 upon spawning, 1 per pulse
- Torment (10s): 3 stack upon spawning, 1 stack per pulse
- pulse: 1 s
- Duration: 10 s
- Radius: 300
- Combo field: Dark
- Range: 900
- Unblockable
numbers can always be adjust if it is over- or under power, just an idea after all.

Since the spec is heavy on apparition/illusion, I decided that Elite Spec name “Spectre” would fit the theme. Feel free to steal that if you want!

Spectral shroud just sounds really cool haha

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

I still think giving Reaper shouts wasn’t good idea. It killed possibility of creating Banshee ES

I personally want rifle ES for necros. Technomancer? It would give us proper ranged weapon, and allow me to roleplay Cryxian :P

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Necromancer

Posted by: salarasul.4190

salarasul.4190

the problem with you skils is that they would apply completly new condis or boons.