Spectral Wall

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

I think it would be nice if this were upgraded a bit. I’d like to see it fear an opponent if the wall is between you and that opponent and taunt them if the opponent is between you and the wall. Fear away those you want to keep away and control those who try to run away from you.

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drazerg.8956

Drazerg.8956

Very clever, however I think that would be a little programming intensive.
Also having taunt would lose potential synergy with fear unless if the fear traits get reworked to add taunt.

Sounds like a smart Idea, but I don’t see it happening. :/

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

I just thought of Grasping Wall. Combination of Spectral Wall + Spectral grasp. Pulling people to the wall and chilling them while giving allies walking through it a protection :P

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

This skill is great in WvW, world class in edge of the mists, and it is terrible everyplace else.

It’s ok that niche skills exist.

I actually think the added chill that it will geat from the reaper trait nerfs it.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s one of many skills which will shine once in a while and are sometimes amazing when used right, but not universal and flexible enough to actually be worth over our universal and needed stuff like stunbreaks in PvP build. It’s also pretty short duration for such trade-off and cooldown. And the problems with Protection.

Some while ago I thought that it would’ve been cool if it worked like just improved version of Ring of Warding, fearing on touch and being pretty reliable combo field.
Slap some cool high concept name on it, like Fearing Circle and we have cool stuff!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I kinda wish we could get like a bone cage skill or something…. Just saying.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

adding chill would be a nerf, wouldnt it? I want folks to flee from the wall in an orderly and fast fashion: preferably off a cliff/wall if positioned right. chilling them would give them time to pop their breaker..

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

The wall is ok, but its to weak to be utility skill. Guard/ele has similar walls that knock down foes and the are weapon skills. So, I agree the skill need buff/change/upgrade.

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

adding chill would be a nerf, wouldnt it? I want folks to flee from the wall in an orderly and fast fashion: preferably off a cliff/wall if positioned right. chilling them would give them time to pop their breaker..

Not just that situation, but in the normal field fight situation, the skill has a great use separating guardians (who have stability) from zerglings who don’t have stability. Your Zerg can more easily wipe the separated group.

Dumping chill on everybody doesn’t accomplish this.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Spectral Wall could use a small buff like projectile destruction, and it needs to work properly with Spectral Mastery (increase duration of protection and fear by 50%). It does’t need much, mostly QoL fixes and maybe a CDR.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

^, I actually love this skill, but it isn’t competitive currently. Needs a few small buffs.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Plexxing.2978

I feel like projectile defense on this skill isn’t what is needed. Perhaps projectile defense would be better suited to corrosive poison cloud.

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Spectral Wall causes enemies to flee in fear… Projectiles are a form of enemy….. Therefore projectiles could be “feared” away…….

Loophole to give Necro a wall of reflection copy

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raziel.8072

Raziel.8072

While we’re talking about spectral wall, there’s some serious issues with the combo field not working properly. It seems the hitbox area for the field to proc is impossibly small. You have to be standing in just the right spot. I don’t know how many times I have use putrid mark or another blast finisher while I was standing directly on top of the wall and got no effect whatsoever. Same thing with projectile finishers, they are unreliable when passing through the wall. I think this needs to be looked at and if anyone else can confirm it I’ll make sure it gets lost in all the other bug reports we have up there

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Well don’t go reaper if you want to fear people off cliffs.

Go reaper if you want to turn your fear skills into chasing skills. It’s gonna make staff necro so much better at catching stragglers in WvW and spectral wall will become an option to add to that chasing capability.

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Projectile defense is boring and makes it too much like other skills. What if Spectral Wall powered up all projectiles fired through it instead? Would give a nice synergy with the functionality the skill already has. Keep enemies away and at the same time make them more susceptible to your ranged attacks. And makes them consider if they want to burn a stability stack to pass through the wall or stay on the other side and take more damage from you and your allies.

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Spectral Wall causes enemies to flee in fear… Projectiles are a form of enemy….. Therefore projectiles could be “feared” away…….

Loophole to give Necro a wall of reflection copy

Lmao I was thinking this literally as I was reading through your post

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Terror, Shivers of Dread, and Deathly Chill could be interesting with Spectral Wall.

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I think it would be nice if this were upgraded a bit. I’d like to see it fear an opponent if the wall is between you and that opponent and taunt them if the opponent is between you and the wall. Fear away those you want to keep away and control those who try to run away from you.

Taunt would make them run through the wall again. Double-dipping. Depending on exactly how this worked they could be perma-taunted for the entire duration of the wall.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Spectral Wall

in Necromancer

Plexxing.2978

Taunt would make them run through the wall again. Double-dipping. Depending on exactly how this worked they could be perma-taunted for the entire duration of the wall.

Spectral wall takes the players’ placement into account, not the wall’s placement. If it took the walls’ placement instead, I wouldn’t bother with taunt.