Spectral grasp

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Still bugged. 4 of 5 targets don’t pull even on flat ground, moved for 1cm and stuck.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

Obstructed everytime you’re on a small elevation difference too.

Maybe reduce the cooldown by half/100% when it’s obstructed, kind of like thiefs that can spam their attacks in stealth and it doesn’t destealth them until they hit for damage. Less need for skilled shots, just spam until the ability does what it’s supposed to do

Was funny seeing 3-4 Unload on my blocking Engi but no thief appearing until it hit for damage, but this is for another debate on stealth mechanics!

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Obstructed everytime you’re on a small elevation difference too.

tried to pull little ooze away from boss in Thumanova Reactor fractal (absolute 100% flat ground) – worked only once.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

this is the case with literally all pull skills. Engineers magnet on the toolkit, thief scorpion wire, necro spectral grasp, even the mesmer temporal curtain can freak out like this (though less frequently, or it just appears that way since it can pull more than one enemy)

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

Spectral grasp also doesn’t proc lf on use while traited with spectral attunement.

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

The toolkit for engineers is far more reliable than spectral grasp at longer ranges. I would love to use spectral grasp more regularly but it is so unreliable unless I’m right on top of someone to begin with, in my experience with it.

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I tried using it in wvw yesterday for the chill and the 20% lifeforce gain when traited…

It didn’t land once… literally, never pulled anyone.

I think I tried it like 10 or 15 times before I swapped it out. Couldn’t pull anyone off keep walls, even when they were on the edge, couldn’t pull anyone on seemingly flat terrain, or anywhere really.

It always just said “obstructed”. Pretty lame. Why even have a skill in the game if it doesn’t work?

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I find it wonderful to yank people off walls in WvW or do silly things. People always forget about this skill in WvW, so they don’t know what to do when they are suddenly yanked into the enemy zerg and chilled (answer is usually die). I’ve even managed to yank people off of cliffs a couple times and let them fall to their deaths.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

I find it wonderful to yank people off walls in WvW or do silly things. People always forget about this skill in WvW, so they don’t know what to do when they are suddenly yanked into the enemy zerg and chilled (answer is usually die). I’ve even managed to yank people off of cliffs a couple times and let them fall to their deaths.

It doesn’t work this way. It doesn’t work at all.

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I’m not sure why you guys are having so much trouble with grasp. It doesn’t fail all that often for me. If you guys use it more I think you’ll find that it is amazing.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

Spectral grasp procs lf if it hits the target but, if it misses, then it doesn’t. All other spectral skills proc lf on use while traited even if it has no one targeted. I use traited spectral skills to give me some starter lf when I plan to get into a fight and it’s annoying that spectral grasp doesn’t do this. I prefer spectral grasp being on my bar even though it misses a lot. I switch it out with spectral wall when I plan to be running away.

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

It does work for pulling people off if walls as long as you are pretty close and they are standing on the ledge. That’s the biggest use it has for me.

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

My dozens of times being successful at it says you’re wrong. It works quite well in my experience. I’ve only had it fail for no reason a couple of times. Other times the pull failed, it was blocked, dodged, or stability.

I’m a Geeleiver

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

What I don’t understand is how scorpion wire, which is basically the same skill more or less, has an almost perfect success rate. Why did they code them so differently? I know when I use scorp wire on my thief I never think: will this work this time or not? It just works. I’ve even had it pull people over the lip of walls in wvw before, whereas spectral grasp requires them to pretty much be floating on open air to even land the hit, much less pull them.

As for that ooze in the fractal, I think they made it hard in general to pull them around. I’ve tried several tricks on several different classes and while you can move them or pull them, they seem resistant to it. Like they’re sticky to the floor or something so it might not totally be SG’s fault

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Spectral grasp

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Only thing I can think of is that Spectral Grasp has a high arc and can’t easily be body-blocked, though that should make it easier to yank people on walls, not harder.

I’m a Geeleiver