Spite Trait Idea: Close To Death

in Necromancer

Posted by: kybraga.7103

kybraga.7103

So, we have a lot of conditions…. And with the meta of celestial necromancer… Why not make Close to Death stand out again…
Idea: Make the trait, “When target is below health threshold, deal 20% more damage, and conditions are 20% more effective.”
Still have it at 50% and so on.
Any comments or reasons to why it wouldn’t work. Feel free to add.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

It was further invalidate curses which isn’t a good thing. I’m already finding plenty of reasons never to run curses as it is. I don’t need this extra push. Also, it would be strict better than comparable traits on other professions.

Also, close to death is already extremely powerful. It doesn’t need to be more powerful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

I’m already finding plenty of reasons never to run curses as it is. I don’t need this extra push.

Or… do you?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brayzz.6524

Brayzz.6524

Spite line is already the strongest , it doesnt matter what you play, you should always take Spite for condi or power, because it makes stacking Might and Vulnerability easier and that is a lot of dmg. Dont need to buff it more.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

No the trait is fine. It is intended for power builds only.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Why not do this you ask?

Because that trait would be blatantly OP, several classes have 20% extra damage under 50% health and they are all decent traits.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I think this trait is just fine. I’d much prefer Spiteful Spirit be changed to a debilitating condition trait to open up spite as a condition (non damaging) line.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build