SrebX's WvW Frontline Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

This is the build I use for WvW zerging in Front and middle lines. This build works really well for me, it provides Tanking abilities, Group utility and High damage.
Since, as most of us know, Condition builds don’t work very well in zergs [Due to high cleansing, ineffectiveness of focusing on 1 target, target dropping down too fast and tons of other reasons] It’s a Power build based on Wells and Might stacking.

Here’s the build link and final results:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBmODbkRLdPTzSjhTRIp4aPD6h7fvziKMMqCrD-jUCBYgAYMRmgIwkIQJQFRjtypIas6FY6SER1+DFRrWKAZVGB-w

That’s it, tell me what you think of it.
I’d appreciate some critique and suggestions, especially because there are things I’m not entirely confident about [My runes for example]
I’d like to point out that I’m kinda new to the game. Been playing 2 and a half months now, probably 2 months with a Necromancer.
This build is inspired by Nemesis’es Glass cannon and Ascii’s Wellomancer builds.

Please, tell me what you think of it,
SrebX :)

Edit:
Alright, I’ve made slight changes. I’m looking to do more and I need your advice…
This is the current state:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBmODbkRrcPTzSjhTRI94aPDAQKev7jKMMqCrD-jUCBYgAYLRmgIwkIQJQFRjVvATXaR1aYA+DMa1CBIbLA-w
I need help with:
1. 3rd major in Death Magic. options:
- Death Shiver. Spending lots of time in DS, so I think it can help my whole party to inflict vulnerability constantly.
-Rituals of protection: Pretty nice since I have 2 wells, yet both of them are on pretty long CDs…
-Dark Armor: I’m gonna be attacking a lot, and that means channeling, so I think it can be really useful :3

2. Armor runes. options:
-[what I have now] x4 Hoelbrak + x2 Strengh. This really 4th Hoelbrak perk + 40% Might duration help me keep constant 5+ Might stacks at all times [Usually at about 10] and this help my damage.
-Full Melandru. For survival increase and 25% stun decreased duration. [Condition duration doesn’t bother me at all since condition pretty much disappear instantly for the most part]
-x5 Dolyak + x1 Soldier Crest. For increased Toughness and vitality [not going full Yak ’cause I heard the Health regen is pretty bad :3 ]

Please give me your opinios :)

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

(edited by SrebX.6498)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Well, I haven’t tried your setup or build, so this is mostly going to be speculative criticism.

Firstly, your build. Reaper’s Might is a great trait, but since you are using an Axe on swap, I feel Axe mastery is much better.

Going 10 into Soul Reaping without picking up the amazing 15 point minor seems like a waste. Going 20 into Death also seems like a waste, since you already have high toughness and you don’t use minions. I have never been a fan of Greater Marks after they made them so much bigger baseline, but maybe I am wrong about this one. Either way, if you are going to spend 20 here, why not pick up the 25 pts for 150 free power?

Secondly, your stats seem pretty weak to me. 10% critical damage? 30% critical chance? Both very low. The only thing your build does well in is high amounts of power.

Compare your stats with mine for a second… You have 2300 power, 2900 armor, 30% crit and 10% crit damage.

I have 2k power, 2800 armor, 50% crit chance, and 70% crit damage. I also have 20k HP, which isn’t too much lower than yours.

So I could be wrong, but I just don’t think you are getting as much from that extra power/might to make it worth sacrificing so much crit/crit damage. Again I could be wrong, I know power is a great damage stat.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Necromancer

SrebX.6498

Well, I haven’t tried your setup or build, so this is mostly going to be speculative criticism.

Firstly, your build. Reaper’s Might is a great trait, but since you are using an Axe on swap, I feel Axe mastery is much better.

Going 10 into Soul Reaping without picking up the amazing 15 point minor seems like a waste. Going 20 into Death also seems like a waste, since you already have high toughness and you don’t use minions. I have never been a fan of Greater Marks after they made them so much bigger baseline, but maybe I am wrong about this one. Either way, if you are going to spend 20 here, why not pick up the 25 pts for 150 free power?

Secondly, your stats seem pretty weak to me. 10% critical damage? 30% critical chance? Both very low. The only thing your build does well in is high amounts of power.

Compare your stats with mine for a second… You have 2300 power, 2900 armor, 30% crit and 10% crit damage.

I have 2k power, 2800 armor, 50% crit chance, and 70% crit damage. I also have 20k HP, which isn’t too much lower than yours.

So I could be wrong, but I just don’t think you are getting as much from that extra power/might to make it worth sacrificing so much crit/crit damage. Again I could be wrong, I know power is a great damage stat.

Thanks for the reply :)
I barely ever use the Axe. It’s there strictly for PvD and PvE [lords, guards and all those] so I don’t really need Axe training. Also, this build uses Might stacking, and Reaper’s might is highly important for that

As for the traits: I swear. I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I was putting this build together… I’ve been sitting and thinking what shall I do for a really long time, experimented with different forms until I finally came up with this trait build. I’m 100% sure I cannot change anything about it.
Greater Marks is awesome, it makes sure I hit lots of people in their Zerg and on top of it, it makes my Marks unblockable so all the aegis in the world won’t save them. This trait has been big help to me.

The stats are weak probably because I used all exotics here. In practice I got some Ascended trinkets, and with Bloodlust and WvW bonuses I usually hit 3000 Armor [Almost 3100], 38% Critical chance, 22k HP and 3,800 Attack.
Crit damage doesn’t interest me that much for this build. It is what it is :\

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

(edited by SrebX.6498)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I use superior runes of hoelbrak on my power necro, it has all the might bonuses but the 6th bonus has a -20 condi duration which is awesome to stack with food.
i think blood is power isnt really a good choice, its nice to have extra damage, but in my opinion its nothing compared to corrosive poison cloud. even though youre not using a condi build, if you throw this where your team is taking the most damage they will most likely survive. weakness is by far the best condition in wvw, and to have it be reapplied with every pulse, well i couldnt ask for more. best used on the backline where the heavy hitting eles are, and you can always tell when an ele stops to cast meteor shower.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sujiro.3590

Sujiro.3590

Knight/Soldier gear doesnt justifies enough raw dmg to go deep into spite. Knight gear actually doesnt give u that much dmg due to lack of power. If you want to stay with Knight then on crit sigil is mandatory. Your stat has low dmg/high tankiness, while your build tries to scale on dmg without any tankiness scaling, so you end up with mediocre dmg and mediocre survivability. No stability or stun break with mediocre survivability is an issue.

Try not to go deep in Spite. Blood and Soul scale much better in low dmg/high tankiness builds. 30 in Soul with DP actually gives about the same dmg as 30 in Spite with CtD.

in Necromancer

SrebX.6498

Knight/Soldier gear doesnt justifies enough raw dmg to go deep into spite. Knight gear actually doesnt give u that much dmg due to lack of power. If you want to stay with Knight then on crit sigil is mandatory. Your stat has low dmg/high tankiness, while your build tries to scale on dmg without any tankiness scaling, so you end up with mediocre dmg and mediocre survivability. No stability or stun break with mediocre survivability is an issue.

Try not to go deep in Spite. Blood and Soul scale much better in low dmg/high tankiness builds. 30 in Soul with DP actually gives about the same dmg as 30 in Spite with CtD.

I toyed around with the trinkets and as much as it pained me, I removed CtD and Spiteful removal ….
Tell me what you think now:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBmODbkRLdPTzSjhThIp4aeGoCvXUhhh6x64OfIA-jkCBYgAYMRmgIwkIQJQFRjtypIas6FYqTLqW9CwfgRrWKAZVGB-w

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Necromancer

Posted by: CylerCycle.2037

CylerCycle.2037

how do you think the new update will affect this?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

The lack of stunbreaks on your build is worrying, IMO. Your toughness is quite good and the HP’s fine but if you get CCed and fall behind the hammer train, you can be focus fired down very quickly. Consider at least one stunbreak to make this build a bit more self-sufficient.

Also, I’d almost never consider a frontline build without Lemongrass and Meladrus. They’re almost compulsory. They’re going to nerf you a bit but add so much survivability. In baseball, this would be considered OBP over HRs.

in Necromancer

SrebX.6498

The lack of stunbreaks on your build is worrying, IMO. Your toughness is quite good and the HP’s fine but if you get CCed and fall behind the hammer train, you can be focus fired down very quickly. Consider at least one stunbreak to make this build a bit more self-sufficient.

Also, I’d almost never consider a frontline build without Lemongrass and Meladrus. They’re almost compulsory. They’re going to nerf you a bit but add so much survivability. In baseball, this would be considered OBP over HRs.

imho, Necro’s stun breakers are awful and unworthy in any situation other than sPvP.
I doubt a once-in-60-second stun breaker will be somehow save me from hammer train anyway :\

Honestly I haven’t had too much trouble with this. I Don’t get stunned that often, and Zergs can keep stability for a lot of time so I think this utility slot is better spent somewhere else.

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

in Necromancer

Nagato no Kami.4980

imho, Necro’s stun breakers are awful and unworthy in any situation other than sPvP.
I doubt a once-in-60-second stun breaker will be somehow save me from hammer train anyway :\

Honestly I haven’t had too much trouble with this. I Don’t get stunned that often, and Zergs can keep stability for a lot of time so I think this utility slot is better spent somewhere else.

IMO, a basic rule for a frontliner is: you shouldn’t die unless your zerg gets wiped (or runs away like gutless cowards). If it hasn’t killed you yet, there isn’t a problem.

BTW, have you looked into Hoelbrek runes? They give a nice balance of power, might duration and -20% conditions. I think that’s worth 5% damage and make up for the lack of Melandrus.

in Necromancer

SrebX.6498

IMO, a basic rule for a frontliner is: you shouldn’t die unless your zerg gets wiped (or runs away like gutless cowards). If it hasn’t killed you yet, there isn’t a problem.

BTW, have you looked into Hoelbrek runes? They give a nice balance of power, might duration and -20% conditions. I think that’s worth 5% damage and make up for the lack of Melandrus.

I did. I just don’t think I need it that much
Condition are never a problem for me when because I got: Pretty high hp, spiteful removal, consume conditions and Putrid Mark.
Conditions are rarely any problem for me, so I didn’t think I’d need it

The strengh runes actually give me pretty big damage output, I noticed that I can pretty much always keep 5+ stacks of might

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Just Fyi http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Strength the 6th piece bonus doesn’t work. It has been reported several times on the forums. It is also why it is so cheap because people know it doesn’t work. IF it worked it would be one of the best dps rune sets in the game the output is right alongside of ruby orbs.

I have watched this rune for forever waiting for them to fix it.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Necromancer

SrebX.6498

Just Fyi http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Strength the 6th piece bonus doesn’t work. It has been reported several times on the forums. It is also why it is so cheap because people know it doesn’t work. IF it worked it would be one of the best dps rune sets in the game the output is right alongside of ruby orbs.

I have watched this rune for forever waiting for them to fix it.

You have got to be kidding me… ~_~
I’m gonna switch for 4 Runes of Hoelbrak + 2 Runes of Strengh for the extra Might Duration.

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Necromancer

SrebX.6498

Sorry for the double, but main post updated. Need some help from you guys

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Necromancer

Nagato no Kami.4980

Edit:
Alright, I’ve made slight changes. I’m looking to do more and I need your advice…
This is the current state:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBmODbkRrcPTzSjhTRI94aPDAQKev7jKMMqCrD-jUCBYgAYLRmgIwkIQJQFRjVvATXaR1aYA+DMa1CBIbLA-w
I need help with:
1. 3rd major in Death Magic. options:
- Death Shiver. Spending lots of time in DS, so I think it can help my whole party to inflict vulnerability constantly.
-Rituals of protection: Pretty nice since I have 2 wells, yet both of them are on pretty long CDs…
-Dark Armor: I’m gonna be attacking a lot, and that means channeling, so I think it can be really useful

2. Armor runes. options:
-[what I have now] x4 Hoelbrak + x2 Strengh. This really 4th Hoelbrak perk + 40% Might duration help me keep constant 5+ Might stacks at all times [Usually at about 10] and this help my damage.
-Full Melandru. For survival increase and 25% stun decreased duration. [Conditio5n duration doesn’t bother me at all since condition pretty much disappear instantly for the most part]
-x5 Dolyak + x1 Soldier Crest. For increased Toughness and vitality [not going full Yak ’cause I heard the Health regen is pretty bad ]

Please give me your opinios

1. Death Shivers is not very good. Zerg = Condition cleanse
Ritual of Protection — This only procs if you’re in the well when cast and does not synergize well with ground targeting.
Dark Armor -- As far as I know of, there are only 6 skills that use this trait.
Opinion — The GM of Death is a waste. The minor is very good, however. Take 5 points out and use it elsewhere.

2. There’s no reason to run 4 Hoelbrek and 2 Strength as Hoelbrek’s best traits are at 2 and 6. Considering you’re building might (?), run 2 Fire for 60% might.
Didn’t you say you didn’t need the condition reduction/stun duration when I recommended the Melandrus in the first place?
Dolyak — you don’t need any more vitality and toughness you can get from better sources.

Okay…

The loss of BiP and the reduction in DS and Deathly Perception (which is really strange considering you said you still intend to stay in this mode for long periods of time) has caused a drastic reduction in overall damage.

This is fine but your survivability hasn’t increased all that much. Sure, you’ve upped your armor a touch (70) and added more HP but at the same time, you’ve lost 20% of DS’s HP and the auto Spectral Armor at 15. It’s pretty much a wash in terms of survivability.

If you actually liked your old build, the best thing to increase survivability would have been to go with Foot in the Grave. Stability adds sooo much to a build. This also makes Melandrus less necessary as CCs will become irrelevant.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

hey, ive been running a wellmancer for a long time in zerg busting and gvg’s. basically, you dont need all that tankiness. i suggest a valk/zerker build with 100% crit damage and minimum 40% crit chance. this allows you to dump 20k aoe damage in 5 seconds. u got about 24k HP. with deathshroud and plague, you really dont need more tank if youre with a solid group.

if you wanna play tanky in smaller engagements, id suggest dire terrormancing. it’s easy to get 2k condi damage.