Stacking Condi's - How high have you gone?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

Hello all,
Fairly simple thread, i was curious how many bleed stacks it is possible for a single necro to stack on a target.

I have managed 32 on the indestructible golem in pvp, averaging about 25 at any time, and this also included 5-6 stacks of torment and a few other condi’s.
How high have you all gone?

In PvP and in PvE?

I’m aware other classes do condi damage better than us due to burning application etc. This isn’t about that.
Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

42 Bleeds was the highest I have ever done on a Champion Thrasher in SW. Mostly average around 34 Bleeds.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Quick question for my Condi build, are you guys using sigil of earth or geomancy? I got corruption and earth on scepter/dagger, and geomancy/energy on my staff, though might change the energy to mischief to see how it works. I have another ascended staff anyways.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DEATHsCLAW.1978

DEATHsCLAW.1978

@bull what rotation do you use to permanently get 25 bleeds?

I normally get like 8-15 permanent in pvp games but I’m not investing anything in duration stuff bc of cleanses

in Necromancer

Wondrouswall.7169

@TheLastNobody

For me, I use Bursting & Geomancy, Scepter/Nothing & Nothing/Dagger. No Staff. Bleeds from dodge rolling into the enemy and weapon swapping mid dodge roll for Mark of Blood & Geomancy proc. My Condi Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

@TheLastNobody

For me, I use Bursting & Geomancy, Scepter/Nothing & Nothing/Dagger. No Staff. Bleeds from dodge rolling into the enemy and weapon swapping mid dodge roll for Mark of Blood & Geomancy proc. My Condi Necro

Why Bitter Chill? With chill only coming from DS2, wouldn’t it be preferable to use Spiteful Renewal to eat some of the extra condis from Master of Corruptions?

in Necromancer

Bull Zooker.1672

@bull what rotation do you use to permanently get 25 bleeds?

I normally get like 8-15 permanent in pvp games but I’m not investing anything in duration stuff bc of cleanses

Hey man,
It was more of a PvE rotation but i have been able to get 15-20 stacks on bad players… which doesnt really say much if you play at any sort of level.
Also bear in mind i wasnt playing with optimal runes etc for survivability, was just curious regarding bleed stacking.
So, taking that into consideration my build is as follows-
Blood (mark on dodge =2 bleeds)
Curses, middle, up, down,
Spite, middle, up, up

Amulet – rabbid
Scepter dagger with earth and torment sigils (i didnt swap sets but i guess a 2nd dagger with geomancy would have helped)
Krait runes for 45% bleed duration.
Blood is power + plague signet + sognet of spite
Scepter #2, dagger #5, dodge onto target and use DS #2 and DS#5,
Spam 1 until stuff comes off cooldown.
Pretty simple really.
Not always easy when you have a moving target, but in PvE its good enough for tanky stuff – in PvE recently ive been running epidemic over spite signet to share the condis around.

in Necromancer

Bull Zooker.1672

42 Bleeds was the highest I have ever done on a Champion Thrasher in SW. Mostly average around 34 Bleeds.

Thats huge!
I reckon i could hit similar numbers in PvE, with the right runes and food etc.
Nice work

in Necromancer

Wondrouswall.7169

Why Bitter Chill? With chill only coming from DS2, wouldn’t it be preferable to use Spiteful Renewal to eat some of the extra condis from Master of Corruptions?

I prefer it to add more Vulnerability when Chill of Death procs under 50% health. Plus, Spiteful Renewal has worked against me when consuming self-applied conditions like Torment on Blood is Power when I wanted to transfer it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Pics or it didn’t happen!

Seriously though, with the build you’ve posted your sources of bleeding are:

Scepter auto attack
Grasping Dead (3 stacks)
Enfeebling Blood (2)
Dark Path (3)
Geomancy (3)
Krait runes (2)
Blood is Power (2+2)
Barbed Precision
Mark of Evasion (2)

You can make some of those skills stack with themselves because their duration is longer than their cooldown: Grasping Dead, Mark of Evasion, Geomancy.
So that’s a total of 27 stacks.
Are you really telling us that the you’ve managed to add another 15 stacks with auto attacking and Barbed Precision?

in Necromancer

Wondrouswall.7169

I’ll take snapshots later when I’m in the ‘wastelands. I will say that on single targets, using Enfeebling Blood or Dark Path lowers my bleed applications vs auto attacking on Scepter. With 100% bleed duration it’s pretty easy to go above 30 stacks.

Only time I ever use Enfeebling Blood is for an opener when against multiple enemies. After that, I never use it again. Dark Path I use if I need to slow an enemy down with Chill, the bleed is a plus.

Edit: 42 Bleeds is the highest when the stars aligned with Barbed Precision.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Not really interested in spikes in bleed count. Can you add up all your bleed damage, then divide by time and called damage per tick for an average number of bleeds?

in Necromancer

Bull Zooker.1672

not sure why everyone’s getting so technical,

the initial sentence was ‘fairly simple thread’,

I’ve attempted to attach a screen shot to this – for some reason it won’t allow me to,

just AA, I have found it fairly easy to reach 20 stacks and just bobble around about 17-18 if I don’t get earth and barbed precision procs, also without using other skills and without condi duration food.
I don’t think its completely unreasonable to suggest someone getting 16 stacks or so with food in the PvE setting.

that said, I would like to see a screenshot of the numbers achieved after a tasty epidemic!

in Necromancer

Wondrouswall.7169

that said, I would like to see a screenshot of the numbers achieved after a tasty epidemic!

Doing a Vinewrath right now for screenshots. When I’m paired with a Sinister Engineer or Ranger, Epidemic gets insane! Now, I just need to find one…

in Necromancer

Wondrouswall.7169

Here’s a screenshot against the Champion Vile Thrasher solo. I will note that I left out dodge rolling for Mark of Blood during this. The spike was very short-lived, but hey, the thread asked how high can we go, right?

Attachments:

in Necromancer

flow.6043

I will say that on single targets, using Enfeebling Blood or Dark Path lowers my bleed applications vs auto attacking on Scepter.

That’s not true.
One aa rotation is ~2.5 sec. That’s longer than the cast time of those skills so you should definitely work them into your rotation.
In fact, dodging (=MoE proc) takes exactly as long as casting Enfeebling Blood or Dark Path (which also inflicts 1 stack more).

Besides, a maxed out duration for Blood/Rending Curse is 20 sec. That means with those skills alone you can get a maximum of 16 stacks. And that’s only if you don’t use any other skills that would interrupt the rotation.

Now keep in mind that Barbed Precision is maxed out at 5 seconds. Any star-aligned bleed proccing would have to happen within less than those 5 sec. So even if you really can maintain more than 30 stacks you’d have to land at least 10 hits in that time frame to exceed 40 stacks. And that simply isn’t happening if all you do is auto attacks.

Here’s a screenshot against the Champion Vile Thrasher solo.

2575 damage with 5 stacks of poison? That’s not possible…

(edited by flow.6043)

in Necromancer

Bull Zooker.1672

Here’s a screenshot against the Champion Vile Thrasher solo. I will note that I left out dodge rolling for Mark of Blood during this. The spike was very short-lived, but hey, the thread asked how high can we go, right?

Love this! nice work man, very impressed.

in Necromancer

Wondrouswall.7169

Take into account more hits for more chances of Barbed Precision. Go try it for yourself. You can analyze all you want but after messing around with rotations, that’s what I have found to work.

I also took tips from a previous post not too long ago about doing bleed rotations by interrupting the last chain on auto since it applies poison for other skills/utilities. Could possibly maintain better bleeds on a single target if I opted for a Charr instead of a Human… =/

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Take into account more hits for more chances of Barbed Precision.

More hits of what? Like I said, you can’t hit often enough with the rotation you’ve described
Auto attacks + Grasping Dead + Geomancy + Blood is Power + Barbed Precision, that’s supposed to be all you’ve used to reach 40 stacks of bleeding?
Sorry, but that just isn’t possible.

.. about doing bleed rotations by interrupting the last chain on auto since it applies poison

Stowing weapon or interrupting the cast won’t restart the aa chain, so that definitely doesn’t work.

in Necromancer

Wondrouswall.7169

It resets after casting scepter 2, corrosive poison cloud, epidemic, or blood is power. I’m doing in in game at the moment. Also, don’t forget to add in Deathly Swarm to that list. You can say it isn’t possible, but I do it every now and then when Barbed Precision is nice.

Seriously, though. Try it out.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

So I tried it, and it was pretty much what I expected.
I could indeed reach 40 stacks (~35 average), but only when I used all bleeding skills, sigils of earth and signet of spite. Without earth sigils and the rotation you’ve described I could only get a little over 30.

in Necromancer

Wondrouswall.7169

I didn’t really list a rotation other than using weapon swap with the dodge roll. I should try that out next time with Signet of Spite though. I’m usually lazy when doing open-world and keep Epidemic on my bar, even when I don’t need it.

Edit: Do you happen to have a Charr Necro by chance? I’m curious to see how high it can go with Shrapnel Mine tossed into the mix.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Usually, I don’t get over 15 stacks on someone who dodges my slow scepter and dagger attacks, but I’m generally trying to do other things, especially when I was using Reaper.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I usually hit 30+. Highest I’ve personally noticed is 35.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Does anyone know if the attack from Geomancy sigil blocks projectiles like the Ele skill it copies?

For some stupid reason, I crammed sigils of torment into my ascended scepter, and I’m trying to justify getting rid of that waste of 14g.

in Necromancer

Bull Zooker.1672

Does anyone know if the attack from Geomancy sigil blocks projectiles like the Ele skill it copies?

For some stupid reason, I crammed sigils of torment into my ascended scepter, and I’m trying to justify getting rid of that waste of 14g.

I havent tested geomancy but im pretty sure it doesnt work like that Cap’n, however the torment sigil is great, its good to have lots of diff condis, aswell as high stacking ones.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The absolute highest I ever got to was 58 stacks, based on the bleeding ticks I was doing, but I can’t be exactly sure.

Solo I reach around 27 fully buffed in spikes, but the average is closer to 24.

If you want to see huge bleed ticks like 58 stacks just go to SW, find a group of 2-3 really powerful mobs (VW event) and attack one until you reach 25 stacks. then switch to its neighbor and hit epidemic, which will transfer an additional 25 stacks onto the enemy you were first attacking. Bam, 50 stacks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Golem in the mists I hit up to 38, was around 25 consistently. Given that the bleed duration there with agony sigils and krait runes is 80 or 85 I don’t remember, 42 is normal pve
I can give the rotation if anyone wants

in Necromancer

Bull Zooker.1672

https://youtu.be/h7OvnyNVttI

I uploaded a fun/sloppy rotation to show off some bleed stacking in action for some of the new necros out there.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Getting Jagged Horrors from Lich was a nice touch ^^

in Necromancer

Posted by: Black Cat.1024

Black Cat.1024

@TheLastNobody

Hey, quick question
Sorry for the ignorance, but what is the advantage of not taking a second main hand or off hand?
I’ve seen this in other forums as well and never really understood it. Thanks!

in Necromancer

Wondrouswall.7169

To save money and inventory space.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Son of Urza.1692

Son of Urza.1692

@TheLastNobody

Hey, quick question
Sorry for the ignorance, but what is the advantage of not taking a second main hand or off hand?

When you have your weapons like that, you wield both of them, but can still “switch” between weapon sets, thus triggering on-swap sigils or effects (e.g. Ranger Quick Draw or Thief Quick Pockets). Useful to save money if you’re not actually planning on using more than one weapon set, but are planning on using on-swap effects. Otherwise you would need two identical sets of weapons to get the same effect.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Black Cat.1024

Black Cat.1024

@TheLastNobody

Hey, quick question

When you have your weapons like that, you wield both of them, but can still “switch” between weapon sets, thus triggering on-swap sigils or effects (e.g. Ranger Quick Draw or Thief Quick Pockets). Useful to save money if you’re not actually planning on using more than one weapon set, but are planning on using on-swap effects. Otherwise you would need two identical sets of weapons to get the same effect.

I see. Thanks!