Staff#1 + 50% Velocity vs Axe#1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

So when the staff auto attacks get their +50% velocity increase, they will be 50% stronger than axe auto attacks.

Axe auto attacks will never be worth using over staff autos, ever.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Why not? I use staff + axe/focus for my necromancer and even though the buff to staff is great you still inflict vulnerability with the axe auto attack.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Axe auto attacks were never worth using over anything, less so than Axe 2 and Axe 3. Reasons I choose Axe over Staff are that I find the marks too small without Greater Marks (can sometimes be troubling to land), I can have the soft CC in Axe as well, boon removal (along with Focus this is especially a worthwhile reason), Retaliation, life force gain spike and more damage. Honestly if you can live without an extra condition transfer and AoE fear you can go for Axe.

in Necromancer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

So when the staff auto attacks get their +50% velocity increase, they will be 50% stronger than axe auto attacks.

Axe auto attacks will never be worth using over staff autos, ever.

I’m curious how you calculate “50% stronger”? If you’re going by velocity, then axe will always be stronger because it has no projectile. Cast time isn’t being changed afaik, nor is damage output.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

dmg from staff is increased by exactly 0%
just chance to hit is increase if target is moving

your argument is invalid

delete topic pls

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

I think OP is trying to say that with the %50 velocity, staff should be superior to Axe. If taken alone, Staff 1 should be superior to Axe 1; while Staff 1 has lower damage it is the best life force regen/time tool we have in our weapons, can attack from 1200 range and pierce for even more life force regen. I think, however, there isn’t much conpetition as Axe 1 is one of the worst autoattacks in the game and I prefer Axe over Staff due to Axe 2,3 and offhand slot.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sors Immani.8429

Sors Immani.8429

Am I the only one who actually makes use of Necrotic Grasp’s piercing mechanic? The same in my DS power build (unyielding blast): get your targets clustered together and target the foe that’s furthest away. You’re guaranteed to hit it and everything in-between.

Axe just needs a rework or to have Rending Claws removed and changed to an OH weapon. Dagger AA with Ghastly Claws and Unholy Feast? Yes, please!

Homeworld: Dragonbrand—Necro main Sors Immani, leader of Ripple Effect [RE]
aka Thalakos Dralnu, Voxt Umultus, and Jalis Haafingar.
Vulgarity is no substitution for wit.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I use necrotic grasp’s piercing in PvE. The projectile speed will help marginally in PvE but should help land a few more hits in PvP but using NG in PvP does not seem to be a good use of time.