Staff needs buffed

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

In pvp staff needs buffed.Sure you can do poison and bleeds but not enough dmg to actually have killing power.I’m only using staff mainly as a source of cc as it is so weak.Any kill i have is mainly due to other players killing for me players who are poisoned and bled.I guarantee that a staff necro by himself or herself cannot kill a player at all, as the damage is so lackluster that its only use is 4 and 5 to cc and maybe chill effect to cc people.

I propose that at least in pvp you should be able to put at least 3 or more stacks with chill.Think of it:Its a few hundred damage on 10 thousand or more hp.how are you supposed to kill someone for real with that kind of damage? its impossible.

Either that:or just get rid of the dmg component and make the cc better and less annoying to use.

In Spvp i got over 28000 hp and i’m doing 660 dmg and it lasts 2-3 ticks before it degrades to 220 dmg bleed,then its gone.It doesn’t come back either.I think staff needs to have at least some dmg so in case your in defensive mode you can fight back.

Anyone agree? any ideas please post

(edited by Axl.8924)

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Staff is an utility weapon and it will always be. We asked for a rework thousand times and we obtained a little improvement some time ago, but that weapon is not a dps weapon.
You can think of it as the guardian staff: no damage but support. The difference between they’re staff and ours is that guardian can really use it to support the team while we can’t.
The staff was used as a “dps” weapon some time ago, before hot, when there was the Real condition meta. We was able to store conditions with Plague Signet and then send them to an enemy with staff 4, killing him with our enemies damage. It’s function remain the same and perfectly work if combined with plague signet, but now the amount of damaging conditions are low and the duration of that damage short (still if the damage is high, you can think to the warrior mace condi burst).

The only reason to use the staff is for the LF generation, that grant 3%LF when a Mark is triggered. NOT for every enemy you hit but ONLY for it’s activation. With our lack of LF generation in sPvP and our lack of defensive skills, that’s the best way to build up LF, unless you’re an axe power build with Blighter’s Boon and the signet that grant you might every 1 sec when you do a crit, then you no more need the staff for LF. But it’s good for condi remove/send-back because in that case the amount of condi removes is based on the amount of enemy you hit.
And fear, that is our class mark, still if useless against warriors with resistance and classes/builds with stability or some breakstun.

The staff was never supposed to inflict any good damage because in the past (condi meta) the ability to send back conditions was by itself the best dps ability of the necromancer, granting him all the damage he needed to kill anyone. Now it’s an utility weapon and no more. Marks can be unblockable, but unless for the 4 and 5 you will never really need that because the 2 and 3 damage is so weak that no one will ever fear to be hit by one of your marks.
If a warrior see you using the staff he just active resistance or stability and charge you without any fear, killing you without mercy in few seconds.

Basicly, we’re struck with a utility weapon good only for two skills and LF generation that don’t grant us any kind of damage and frequently any kind of real advantage over our enemy.

At last in sPvP. In WvW is different because the staff is the base of the common well build right for it’s AoE skill 1 and LF generation. And with berserker/valkirie equipment also that AA can inflict some damage, still if weak.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

^.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Please don’t ask for the most skill-less weapon ingame to be even more lame.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

how was that lame? i mean i’m asking for the staff to be useful so while i wait i can actually have a chance to deal enough damage.The damage is so low that i can’t kill anyone even if i wanted to unless someone stronger is killing them too and then i get the kill even though i don’t do much.Chill is utility, but it is also dmg, and if we have to wait while at staff, it should be useful vs groups of enemies.We are condi class and if they want condi to be useful it must provide enough dmg on staff to be threatening.Besides:Most classes have invincibility or cleanses on relatively low cd.Warriors can just negate all dmg from cleanses.

Also:Yeah staff has a few stuff thats useful(4 and 5th attack) but it would be nice if a staff was actually threatening.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

I’m using this build and my staff can be an AoE threat
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmWD7kZTo8GszGw2GgeTsEMYUXhpwvKeIuEjiRJtAQDA-TpBHABA8AAE4CAQwBBQ8jAQSlBGa/BA

You can also use staff 5 for open your condi burst option, spinning on Chillblains poison field to not be forced to use Reaper’s Shroud 5#, wasting your Reaper’s Shroud 3#, wich can let you apply some Dhuumfire, to cover with stability the 5#/4# combo.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

>not using vital persistance
>using terrormancer

You aren’t an aoe threat. You’re a gimmick. You build is still crippled by resistance, especially because you don’t get the damage portion on fear when resistance is up.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

HoT did sap staff of some of its utility.
1. Restore original bleed count to MoB.
2. Restore transfer of allies condition on Putrid Mark.
3. Increase fear duration on Reaper’s Mark

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

I think the fear duration is perfect balanced when it hits, but i like the first two. Give necro back its condi transfer centered support if anything.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

Not all classes can have resistance, and for me is doing pretty well.
Maybe it’s cause people can’t figure my build.

Vital persisttence is overrated, the poor CD reduction and less LF drain don’t mean nothing if you always exit from shroud after 4 sec by mere burst damage.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

I think the fear duration is perfect balanced when it hits, but i like the first two. Give necro back its condi transfer centered support if anything.

This please and maybe decrease cd of mark of blood and make it pulsate pls increasing bleeds if you stand too long? even if it has a limit how long it can last, like:up to 5 bleeds added?

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I would enjoy seeing marks becoming a charged type of skill. Tap the key for regular mark with shorter cooldown. Or charge it (channeling), risking an interrupt, but receiving a beefed up version of mark for my trouble if it’s not interrupted. Also would help with the stupid “I burned all marks in 4 s, can’t swap, aa is trash, and everything’s on cooldown….”

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

would be nice if #2 had some more power damage, and #4 transferred blind instead of missing.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: MUDse.7623

MUDse.7623

id say leave skill 1-3 as they are, as Stand the Wall above said #4 should transfer blind tho. and if you want to buff staff my proposal for skill #5 :

- add a resistance rip/corrupt on #5 BEFORE the fear part and maybe give some extra effects if resistance is ripped /corrupted like longer fear duration or other condi / boon corrupts. if needed increase the cd of the skill slightly.

im not sure how much resistance is a thing in pvp as i last played that gamemode like 3 years back, but at least in wvw resitance spamm is a thing in groupfights(revs ,durability ) and warriors. there it would help a lot, sure you have alot of corrupts but they are all kinda random so with bad luck u dont get the resistance off your opponent and all your soft cc and condi dmg is wasted. with a direct option to rip resistance guranteed, altho it will be reapplied fast you have a short time for your soft cc and condis to do their job.

10k hours n still a noob

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

hrm i like the idea of 4 and ripping resistance and or corrupting resistance.
Actually:I’d take all dmg on staff being the same for improvements on stripping buffs form people or stronger debuffs on people.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Justine.6351

There is axe, dagger/dagger, focus, greatsword and scepter if you want to corrupt boons with weapon skills. Can they put it on staff too? Sure, but why when we already have access to so much? Why pigeon hole necromancers into staff by making it the be-all-and-end-all?

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

hrm i like the idea of 4 and ripping resistance and or corrupting resistance.
Actually:I’d take all dmg on staff being the same for improvements on stripping buffs form people or stronger debuffs on people.

I can see why it’s likeable, but it’s not a good idea. Countering Counterplay? At some point, we just jump the shark. Besides … resistance becomes rather meaningless if people start getting tools to remove it.

In addition … Necro’s already have a REALLY good boon stripping weapon. Let’s not try to fantasize about making staff a be all end all weapon here; duplicating functions that we already have is rather pointless; it lessens the value of those weapons.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

Then staff will remain weak and necros wil be pathetic for anything but cc in staff.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: MUDse.7623

MUDse.7623

yes nekro got enough corrupts, but they are random. its not counter the counterplay . its currently only luck if resitsance is saving you or not.
imo ppl should not rely only on resistance against condition dmg and soft cc but currently they can do just that. if resistance was only nullifing condition dmg id be ok with its current state but as it also let you ignore all soft cc, there should be some more option to corrupt or ripp resistance with a priority and not just random. i think there is only one sigil that does it and thats on interrupt so it wont work with fear, yey!

10k hours n still a noob

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

would be nice if #2 had some more power damage, and #4 transferred blind instead of missing.

It does transfer blind. Honestly though I’d be happy if they transferred some of the power from #4 to #2.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

Honestly:Staff could sport something to strip resistance since it forces warriors to be aware of counterplay instead of zerg put on resist and become immune.

Also:How do you kill mesmers in pvp as necro? I got frustrated cause i kept getting feared and cced and bursted me down.The dmg is insane from mesmers.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

Then staff will remain weak and necros wil be pathetic for anything but cc in staff.

I don’t honestly see a problem with that. That’s precisely why Anet gives us many weapons to choose from and those weapons are far more suited to PVP. It’s not a problem that weapons exist that aren’t good for certain parts of the game. In fact, that’s pretty standard for all classes. The solution here is to pick the weapons that are good for PVP, not for Anet to attempt lame fixes for weapons that are not.

Even if staff got something to strip resistance … it wouldn’t make it better. It’s not honest to pretend that people will use staff in PVP because it would have that ability. Resistance just isn’t prevalent enough for people to consider such a feature when choosing a weapon in PVP.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

I don’t honestly see a problem with that. That’s precisely why Anet gives us many weapons to choose from and those weapons are far more suited to PVP. It’s not a problem that weapons exist that aren’t good for certain parts of the game. In fact, that’s pretty standard for all classes.

Even if staff got something to strip resistance … it wouldn’t make it better. It’s not honest to pretend that people will use staff in PVP because it would have that ability. Resistance just isn’t prevalent enough for people to consider such a feature when choosing a weapon in PVP.

It is a pretty big deal since warriors are capable of making themselves immune to condis, and this would mean warriors couldn’t just spam it.In fact:They have two abilities to use resist.Also:every class has that ability and it would mean that if some could corrupt it like necro turning it into condis doing more dmg, it would mean that someone would have to focus in taking off that condition, thus making you think more.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resistance

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

In the bigger picture, it’s not a big deal. It makes no sense to suggest a class enhancement because of a particular class or skill that exists that’s hard for them to counter; classes have deficiencies for a reason and some might even be intended to provide players variety and challenge. That’s where strategy and tactics come into play; that’s what separates the good from the bad players, or the great from the good ones.

Regardless … even if staff did get this resistance counter, no one is going to take it just because of that. That’s not how effective PVPer’s think. Making a choice to counter ONE specific threat out of all the threats that can be encountered is just shortsighted and a waste of time and a potential missed opportunity. Staff as a PVP weapon is just meh and it will always be meh, because it’s slow, has lots of AoE on long cool downs with easily counterable effects. Granting it resistance counter or any other poorly considered effects isn’t going to change that.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

If thats the case why not get rid of ability to boonstrip and boon corrupt right? after all:Classes should have weaknesses and strengths.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

I don’t see how getting rid of boon stripping or corrupting abilities generally throughout the game as you suggest has any relation to making staff have some sort of resistance counter or how giving staff such an ability makes staff a significantly better PVP weapon. Classes have strengths and weaknesses regardless of boon stripping or corrupting abilities.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

I don’t see how getting rid of boon stripping or corrupting abilities generally throughout the game as you suggest has any relation to making staff have some sort of resistance counter or how giving staff such an ability makes staff a significantly better PVP weapon. Classes have strengths and weaknesses regardless of boon stripping or corrupting abilities.

What you are saying is saying that you don’t want necros to have the ability to strip boons like resist because your class would be easier to kill.Resist is a kind of boon and stripping it or corrupting would make the game more skillfull and make the warrior/mesmer/necro/engineer/ele think about when to use it.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

I think you have misunderstood . It would make no sense for me to say that, considering Necros already have boon stripping ability … lots of it actually.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Justine.6351

What you are saying is saying that you don’t want necros to have the ability to strip boons like resist because your class would be easier to kill.Resist is a kind of boon and stripping it or corrupting would make the game more skillfull and make the warrior/mesmer/necro/engineer/ele think about when to use it.

There is nothing skilled about spamming unblockable 240 radius aoe. Adding boon corrupt to staff would just be enabling a bad crutch weapon while undermining the other weapons’ utility.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

but it is, because it has a cd.

the boon strip has a 20 second cd.
Fear has a 32 second cd.

Corrupting boon on 15 seconds is necessary since it allows to kill people, and last i hear:isn’t resist a boon? it would make someone maybe be a little cautious.

20 seconds is enough to not be spammable.Whats so wrong with the ability to either corrupt resist with boon corrupt?

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Justine.6351

Fear has a 32 second cd.

Corrupting boon on 15 seconds is necessary since it allows to kill people, and last i hear:isn’t resist a boon? it would make someone maybe be a little cautious.

20 seconds is enough to not be spammable.Whats so wrong with the ability to either corrupt resist with boon corrupt?

What’s wrong with using something other than staff for a change? Yes…There are other weapon set combinations that do not include staff lol.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

What’s wrong with using something other than staff for a change? Yes…There are other weapon set combinations that do not include staff lol.

There is nothing wrong with running other weapon than staff, but staff it’s good for:

-1200 range
-(good) Ranged CC
-Poison
-Condi transfer
-Life force generation

So.. like thieves shortbow we have to rely on this utility weapon, cause we cant find those things in other moveset.

If the daggers 2# could transfer 2-3 condition I’ll be the first to use it.. (damage apart) staff is our pvp best weapon, basically is the only “must have” in pvp.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Justine.6351

(damage apart) staff is our pvp best weapon, basically is the only “must have” in pvp.

With a statement like that I guess there is no point in trying to help people in this thread.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

(damage apart) staff is our pvp best weapon, basically is the only “must have” in pvp.

With a statement like that I guess there is no point in trying to help people in this thread.

I’m fine with my staff, but our other weapon need some love too.. to be in line with the reaper design we must have more mobility (like the Greatsword’s 3# as a moviment skill, or making Reaper’s Shroud 2# break immobilize, or Dagger’s 2# transfer some condi), to be the inesorable reaper that hunt down victims.. not like a immobililized thing that can’t even touch enemies or stand melee.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’d be okay with Staff #1 being a 100% projectile finisher. Would be pretty nice if that flying hand of darkness was just a little bit deadlier in that way. Small buff but, eh, that’s all I want.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

Fear has a 32 second cd.

In this case actually:I was thinking more on line of:Boon corrupt corrupts resists making you take more dmg.Boon corrupt isn’t staff.

Necros need something to survive longer, cause we are getting bursted down by more mobile classes, and the dmg seems rather lackluster on the first attack.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Boon corrupt on chillblains (its the right theme given gw1 chillblains removed enchantments) and follows anets course of giving every necro weapon boon removal. Just staff and warhorn to go.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

If we could just get a decent auto with a condi on it that would be nice and the only thing it needs really.

Staff needs buffed

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

Necros need something to survive longer, cause we are getting bursted down by more mobile classes, and the dmg seems rather lackluster on the first attack.

Sure, but that’s not a ‘staff isn’t good’ problem … that’s a problem with the class itself. It wouldn’t make sense to solve that problem on the staff to begin with. I think the whole idea of corrupting resist is just a non-starter; there are other ways to beat classes that have resistance than simply rendering their resistance useless on them.