State of Necro in WvW?

State of Necro in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

Almost every youtube video I have seen from other classes it seems the Necro (both power and cond) are basically free kills. Are we really that bad in WvW?

I though it would be bad players but with so many (some on the ranger forum specifically target Necro’s for an easy kill – Their words, not mine-)

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

State of Necro in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Don’t forget that people don’t post videos of them failing. Necros are actually very strong in WvW. Our wealth of weakness, poison, and boon play have their maximum impact against players, but WvW is the only place where a necro’s AoE can really be brought to bear.

Necros are not inherently great at roaming, but they vary widely with the player behind them in how difficult they are to kill (and be killed by them!)

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

State of Necro in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Almost every youtube video I have seen from other classes it seems the Necro (both power and cond) are basically free kills. Are we really that bad in WvW?

I though it would be bad players but with so many (some on the ranger forum specifically target Necro’s for an easy kill – Their words, not mine-)

That’s just because they have not seen my new necromancer WvW guide… because i have not uploaded it yet… because i have not finished it yet…

Let’s just assume for a second that with my build i was looking to 1v1 (2,3) all over WvW and i’ve gathered up 100+ dueling clips… i have lost… i’ll be generous here, i’ve lost maybe… 2 1v1s ?…

Ohhhhh there’s a part of the community that is so going to go… “SEE !… i told you NECROMANCER OP !”.
No no no… because i killed necromancers as well… therefor X > X = argument invalid

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

State of Necro in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Necro is fine in WvW, in a really good spot to be honest.

Nemesis you need to come down to the lower tiers if you want to face good 1v1 players.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)

State of Necro in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asche.5362

Asche.5362

Nemesis, I hope I get to see that before the next patch makes you start over again
Looking forward to it.

On topic: I am mostly running in organized zergs with my guild. And let me tell you, Necros are the kings of tagging everything. After a zerg vs. zerg victory I’m always dragging behind the group because it takes me forever to pick up all the loot bags.

The mix of marks, wells, locst swarm, life transfer, tainted shackles and last but not least plague form makes you a mobile artillery. Focus is not so much on damage, but on crowd control.
Your blinds, chills and boon removal can really disrupt what the other zerg is trying to pull off.

State of Necro in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Necro is fine in WvW, in a really good spot to be honest.

Nemesis you need to come down to the lower tiers if you want to face good 1v1 players.

Yeah i know… if i want good 1v1 i do SPvP too… i personally don’t like WvW, it’s not about skill… it’s about coordinated zerg.
I could kill 1000 people one by one, it wouldn’t matter… all i could acomplish is attract a lot of angered people towards me.

The real 1v1 skill can be found only in TPvP… and i do die there… like 40% of the time in 1v1s, top 500…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

State of Necro in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Someone should watch the necro roaming videos that are posted. 2v4’s happen because of you people.

State of Necro in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarnDevil IV.2143

DarnDevil IV.2143

Necros ain’t bad in WvW. The solo roaming can be a bit of pain if you don’t have a norn necro with Snow Leopard elite, because the fact is there will be times when 1v1 or 1v2 situations will turn into 1v5 or 1vZerg situations.

The lack of mobility is what makes it hard to roam, but the power of necromancers in a group (roam) or zerg is huge wheather playing with power + well build or condition + spectral or Well of Corruption + epidemic, a good necromancer applies a lot of preassure.

The power build is more of a burst build, where as the conditions are more about AoE DPS and punishing the opposing group for having downed players (as they gather the conditions).

State of Necro in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

you can make it work if you absolutely like to play necro i.e. play min/max metabuild and actually know how to play it too.

other than that necros are useless in every part of the game and it’s getting nerfbat even more in future just in case someone even considers to play necro.

there’s light years difference between the difficulty setting when you compare it to other classes. almost any other class is better at 1v x situtations and necro doesn’t really shine in 1v1 either against anyone who actually knows what buttons to press to attack.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

State of Necro in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: KoKaLo.7539

KoKaLo.7539

In ZvsZ: marks, wells, epidemic, plague form and you can split zergs in half. Don’t forget to gather your lootbags.

1vs1 really depends on your skill. When roaming well of darkness is very useful for disabling thieves

State of Necro in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mishina.5091

mishina.5091

Necro in wvw ? Since today i have played ranger,guardian,warrior,ele and thief in wvw.Last 10 days im on my necro and must say that im very satisfied how is it going on in wvw.Btw im playing only wvw and it rocks. Depends on a situation you must change some skills sometimes but minion master is ok on 1 v1.Ok i know minions ui sucks but still they give you a lot of protection and survival abilities.And a lot a confusion in a single battle when you dont know sometimes who to hit with a lot of minions.
But this also depends on your skill as a player.Im not so skilled and fast on my keyboard but as a minoin master im good and im enyoing playing it.

State of Necro in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

In zerg fights, Necros are one of the top two strongest professions (Eles edge them out a bit).

In small group fights, Necros can act like the “carry”: they need some peel but have fight-winning damage.

When roaming, Necros can do well against almost everyone in 1v1s and even some 1v2s, depending on your skill level.

HOWEVER, there’s some truth to the claim that Necros are “free kills.” I know I’ve thought this on more than one occasion; even when I’m on my Necro, I tend to prefer fighting other Necros, which is notable because I hate mirror matches in almost every other instance in almost every game (I can’t stand mirror lanes in LoL).

There are two reasons for this.

1) Necros are the new “OP” profession thanks to the Dhuumfire patch. Consequently, a lot of baddies who just wanted to win jumped on the Necro bandwagon. Unfortunately for them, the Necro is not a faceroll profession even in our most one-sided fights. You need to know what you’re doing to survive. These people don’t, making them free kills. They’d be free kills pretty much regardless of what they were playing, they just happen to be playing Necros right now.

2) Necros have very poor disengage. A Necro with a bit of tankiness who sets up a Flesh Wurm ahead of time, uses DS2 to blink to an ambient creature, and pops Plague can get away from a lot, but that all requires setup and is only situationally useful. As a result, catching a Necro off guard can leave him without an escape route, which means you only have to keep up the assault until his defenses give out. Maybe that means someone else joins the fight, maybe you just keep attacking until he’s out of DS, but if that Necro is deep behind enemy lines, there’s little chance of his escaping.

None of which means Necros suck in WvW. I actually enjoy roaming on my Necro quite a lot, and I don’t even use 30/30/x/x/x (I prefer power builds for roaming). However, there’s a steep learning curve in the art of how not to die in WvW as a Necro and most people don’t understand that. They have this idea that you can just pop Mist Form or Shelter or Elixer S or Shadowstep and get back into your zerg, but as a Necro you have to learn proper zerg positioning and how to plan an escape route and sensing ahead of time when you’re likely to be outnumbered.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

State of Necro in WvW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Necros are very stronk in wvw, not even close to free kills, lol. Crazy damage and pressure, awesome survivability etc.
And when I say wvw…I mean wvw, not roaming or any of that kitten. They are awesome in 1vX situations tho, but the OP asked about WvW.

But yes, pretty hard to lose a 1v1 nowadays with a 30/20/0/0/20 build or a variation of it, it really is. Stunlock warriors are annoying but you only ever meet them in tPvP.