State of Power Reaper

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Barnabus Stinson.1409

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Okay, so not a post to argue over individual changes. More just how do you see Power Reaper is currently, and if you want how it was before the change.

Before the patch I was thinking power reaper would be buffed, it was significantly outperformed by condi and pretty much most other things, it wasnt overly welcome in endgame and was combined poor damage with no team support.

Post patch I feel its pretty much in the same spot, damage is still terrible, slightly nerfed survivability with increased shroud CD. Still no real Team support.

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

Before the patch all I wanted for it was more mobility and an invuln stage like the other classes (not in shroud of course)

Now its just decent, damage is mid way due to lowered survivability

For me it had no issue with damage at all

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

Same as before; out performed by every other power spec out there and not worth taking.

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

If you’re like those others who think power reaper is just camping RS and auto then you got nerfed. If you aren’t then you got tiny buffs across the board

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Barnabus Stinson.1409

The issue is the buffs where tiny to a spec that in organised PVE was either tolerated or actively unwanted. But hey Condi Reaper is doing well(ish) although I imagine that will change come scourge.

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

The issue is the buffs where tiny to a spec that in organised PVE was either tolerated or actively unwanted. But hey Condi Reaper is doing well(ish) although I imagine that will change come scourge.

Condi reapers do better than power reapers in pve but they have a much tighter rotation to do. I don’t see the issue here. If you expect autoattack to do the best damage roll a thief.

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Why is wrong to want the Power based Spec to actually be decent with power, why are people hostile to the idea of a power reaper being buffed even a little?

I dont expect to just AA and Condi rotations really arent much harder, and even if they are not enough to make a near 50% DPS increase ( 24k Power to 34k Condi )

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Why is wrong to want the Power based Spec to actually be decent with power, why are people hostile to the idea of a power reaper being buffed even a little?

I dont expect to just AA and Condi rotations really arent much harder, and even if they are not enough to make a near 50% DPS increase ( 24k Power to 34k Condi )

I’m not hostile to the idea of buffing power reaper, I have one myself. But if you look at this patch, power reapers got buffed, very little, I know. Would I like more buffs? Yes.

I’m just saying, power reapers only got nerfed if you think the game plan is to stay in RS and AA.

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: PzTnT.7198

PzTnT.7198

Indeed…
Power really should have some build that’s on par with the condition ones, for all classes as well. As far as i know condi is leagues ahead on at least 2 other classes and it really shouldn’t be the case. Not asking for an auto attack only build here either, a proper rotation with an optimized build should be relatively equal on either power or condi in a balanced game.

If you are reading this you have finished reading my post and are now reading my signature.

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Power necro is fun, got me to plat T2 hehe. As far as post patch i have more options on my power necro but I haven’t changed it. With power i can 1v1 any class. I’ve only had a few players who out played me now n then but nothing like what I’m hearing from other necros.

Last 5 patches helped my power build or didn’t help at all but it didn’t get nerfed down.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Barnabus Stinson.1409

I feel that may well be the issue, reaper does well in PvP, is decent in WvW…. Great in Open PVE…. Poor in High Frac/ Raid.

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The fun factor is there, but that’s about it.

Reaper is trash in PvP. The raw landspeed is too slow, and pvp is about rotations even more than combat capabilities. Reaper is too slow without z-axis port.

Reaper is decent in WvW.

Reaper lacks damage in pvE. The damage is too low. Epidemic is a gimmick that keeps things competitive on about two encounters, but otherwise condition damage is basement tier even on a condition build if the enemy moves.

To be fair to Anet, pure power specs may be a thing of the past with the new pof stat options, and the necromancer’s wonky hybrid weapons may be better off in the future for this.

Before HOT, the devs told us on these forums why axe will always be trash (they don’t like the fact that it hits without counter play/a tell). But if axe is trash, then power ranged damage is trash too. And the rest of the non greatsword weapon sets are lacking in cast speed/cooldowns/utilities/cleaving.

Basically the damage is too low on all weapon sets. It could be increased 40% across the board and still not be top tier.

Hopefully we will get reworks to weapon skills with scourge, otherwise the class will be all “1 spam” with the rest of the weapon skills on long cool downs.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I’m not hostile to the idea of buffing power reaper, I have one myself. But if you look at this patch, power reapers got buffed, very little, I know. Would I like more buffs? Yes.

I’m just saying, power reapers only got nerfed if you think the game plan is to stay in RS and AA.

Reaper AA is actually a DPS loss to normal GS AA ;/. So much for a meaningful resource when a resourceless autoattack outDPS it.

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

Because people like Noscoc who were actually good with the necro and showed what power necro can do. Most complain, he won top tier gameplay tournaments with it while people complained. Big difference.

Most people are just bad at necro and don’t know it’s role in positional team play

This is mostly a PvP perspective of course, PvE it doesn’t matter what you run, mobs will melt either way … The only people who care about DPS are elitists like qtfy , you’re most likely not on this level and probably wouldn’t be even with a meta class like condi ranger or condi ele so it’s irrelevant. I’ve seen people do entire raid zones with just p/p thieves , PvE is braindead.

Tanbin

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

Just to add to my original post, power reaper is now out-performed in pve by a power mesmer. MESMER! A class that was known for sub-optimal dps due to the amount of utilities it gave to the group. And they just spam 2 buttons to out dps us.

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Just to add to my original post, power reaper is now out-performed in pve by a power mesmer. MESMER! A class that was known for sub-optimal dps due to the amount of utilities it gave to the group. And they just spam 2 buttons to out dps us.

same with thiefs…

seriously Power necro cant do anything againts this 2 classes…

they have better utility
better dmg
better burst dmg
better mobility

why we even have Reaper at this point ???

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

To be fair, Power Mesmer outdamages Power Ele, too.

State of Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Because people like Noscoc who were actually good with the necro and showed what power necro can do. Most complain, he won top tier gameplay tournaments with it while people complained. Big difference.

Most people are just bad at necro and don’t know it’s role in positional team play

This is mostly a PvP perspective of course, PvE it doesn’t matter what you run, mobs will melt either way … The only people who care about DPS are elitists like qtfy , you’re most likely not on this level and probably wouldn’t be even with a meta class like condi ranger or condi ele so it’s irrelevant. I’ve seen people do entire raid zones with just p/p thieves , PvE is braindead.

By all means show me your clean raid clears made up of “running anything cuz PvE braindead hurr durr”.

Waiting for those power reapers making the DPS checks. I mean, for someone calling things braindead I’d expect you to be competent at math.