Stats for my Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Verdis.8472

Verdis.8472

I started crafting my first ascendeds (Zojja’s) but i’m starting to wonder if zerker is the right path to go down. I quite enjoy having the toughness stat up a bit. My build at the moment focus on might stacking and using blighters boon and chilling victory to sustain.

Ossa’s armor sounds quite appealing…

+54 Power
+54 Toughness
+30 Ferocity
+30 Healing Power

Would the healing power improve blighters boon?

Considering i’m focused on might stacking i figured strength runes would be best.

Any suggestions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Ossa’s is garbage outside of WvW. Necro heal scaling is complete garbage on blighters boon, not worth taking healing power unless you gonna rely on transfusion.

Valk+str runes

or Zerk+str runes

is more than enough sustain in pve on necro. Can solo pretty much everything.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Verdis.8472

Verdis.8472

Ok thanks. I think i’ve decided i’m just going to try going zerker and figure out damage mitigations through skill slots and traits.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

For the trinkets get the mix ascended berserker/valks. It trims precision for Vita. Reaper is crit chance heavy with select traits.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

healing power is a waste for necro… got my 3rd necro as “healer” and what can i say … not worth the gold and trouble.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Methuselah.4376

Methuselah.4376

Marauder’s is also good with zerk/valk accessories.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

Marauder is trash on necro. I wish people would stop recommending this crap.

You lose power AND ferocity for precision, the only stat a single necro build doesn’t need. When you could take zerk/valk peices instead and have more power/fero/hp with less precision.

Marauder is suboptimal on necro. End of story.

Hell even WoodenPotatoes frost gun build was suboptimal because it was using rampager.

in Necromancer

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

You lose power AND ferocity for precision, the only stat a single necro build doesn’t need. When you could take zerk/valk peices instead and have more power/fero/hp with less precision.

Hell even WoodenPotatoes frost gun build was suboptimal because it was using rampager.

Thats why i use full zerker :p

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

In PvE it’s trash (if “trash” means ~12% less damage than zerk).

In WvW roaming it’s the best power based stat we have.

In sPvP it’s still great even though demolisher and paladin might be better options in certain scenarios.

in Necromancer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I ran Valk armor with rage runes for more fury up time and crits, along with the mixed berserker/valkyrie trinkets. Worked great, but did switch to Marauder armor and weapons (kept the trinkets, its basically the same thing), just so I could have more build diversity and not rely on either decimate defenses or death perception for the additional crit chance.

Edit: Also switched to strength runes I think.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

In sPvP it’s still great even though demolisher and paladin might be better options in certain scenarios.

its 12% less damage on theif. It’s much more on necro.

For wvw roaming the best power stat is valk, hands down. Unless you are running dagger main hand, which i question why you would be running that in wvw anyway.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

For wvw roaming the best power stat is valk, hands down. Unless you are running dagger main hand, which i question why you would be running that in wvw anyway.

This isn’t true. A 12% damage loss on a thief means every other profession has a lower reduction since all of thief’s damage comes from multiplying damage values rather than raw stats.

The best options depends on weapons, traits, and sigils. Chill/Might CV reaper benefits a lot more from the precision versus DD reaper, up to 50%. A combination of all three is typically ideal for CV builds, for example due to the consistency it promotes, while the precision on a shroud-based DD build will be wasted stats, but the build less consistent.

Of course, this also depends are party/group/comp vs solo play, too. Someone generating constant Fury can negate a lot of the need for a substantial amount of precision.

Full marauder is largely a waste, but investing into 2/3 parts is quite viable and something I did on mine/optimized ones, which has around 26k hp, close to 3k power, and 210 crit damage at 50% crit chance exactly, upped to 100% from DP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: shox.1586

shox.1586

This isn’t true. A 12% damage loss on a thief means every other profession has a lower reduction since all of thief’s damage comes from multiplying damage values rather than raw stats.

The best options depends on weapons, traits, and sigils. Chill/Might CV reaper benefits a lot more from the precision versus DD reaper, up to 50%. A combination of all three is typically ideal for CV builds, for example due to the consistency it promotes, while the precision on a shroud-based DD build will be wasted stats, but the build less consistent.

Of course, this also depends are party/group/comp vs solo play, too. Someone generating constant Fury can negate a lot of the need for a substantial amount of precision.

Full marauder is largely a waste, but investing into 2/3 parts is quite viable and something I did on mine/optimized ones, which has around 26k hp, close to 3k power, and 210 crit damage at 50% crit chance exactly, upped to 100% from DP.

hi dude,can you share your build please?looks so good,i’m lost like OP about what use on my Power Reaper,my “endgame” is open world events and LS3 maps,i’m trying to find a balance between HP and DPS,i was thinking in something like this :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRIQNAndRnMbCV2gdbCO2A0bilaBLeLWGXjUth5Q1CKBEAmBA-TRCBQBYRZRAODA6Q9HA8IAWh+gRqELLKFWy+DnUJIA-e

25% crit + 25% from DD = 50 % off shroud and 100% on reaper form
226 crit dmg and 27k hp

the downside is the might stack,and power is kinda low