Still here due to incompetece

in Necromancer

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

I don’t think simply buffing classes is going to be enough, some classes need completely updated Traits/Skills and even (for example) Profession Abilities such as Necro’s Shroud. That’s a lot more work, I’d assume, than just increasing some numbers. Not just talking about Necro here either, Revenant (for example) is the worst class in my opinion thanks to it being clunky, unfinished and the fact that everything it can do, every other class can do better.

lol why do you as you ignore any other game mode than pve think you qualify for statements regarding class efficiency ? You have no clue about pvp, you have no clue about wvw so please do people a favor and first gain experience, afterwards you can write balancing novels.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

im a yellow snowflake

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

I don’t think simply buffing classes is going to be enough, some classes need completely updated Traits/Skills and even (for example) Profession Abilities such as Necro’s Shroud. That’s a lot more work, I’d assume, than just increasing some numbers. Not just talking about Necro here either, Revenant (for example) is the worst class in my opinion thanks to it being clunky, unfinished and the fact that everything it can do, every other class can do better.

lol why do you as you ignore any other game mode than pve think you qualify for statements regarding class efficiency ? You have no clue about pvp, you have no clue about wvw so please do people a favor and first gain experience, afterwards you can write balancing novels.

Yet here you are, wanting to cater to PvP in whatever form only, newsflash master of tears, it’s not you who decides what qualifies as class efficiency. U mad broh?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Yet here you are, wanting to cater to PvP in whatever form only, newsflash master of tears, it’s not you who decides what qualifies as class efficiency. U mad broh?

where did he said he wants it catered ONLY to pvp? He merely pointed out the flaw in someone’s logic due to the fact the person he is referring to only has PVE experience. I believe he is right in suggesting the person needs experience in other game modes before posting novels about balance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Okami.7049

Okami.7049

Again, I won’t be making a post about my feelings towards PvP and WvW and why I don’t play them, but I have my reasons and it’s not because I suck. It’s funny, you’re stating I shouldn’t talk unless I join the side that does nothing but whine and cry every patch because they can’t one-shot other classes? Why would I even bother to join such a negative and sad ‘community’? Having experience in one mode is better than none at all, and quite frankly whatever mode you play has nothing to do with the validity of one’s opinion. You clearly have no clue as to what I actually DO have experience in, aside from what I’ve said here on the forums. so please do people a favor and first get off your little pony of a high horse, afterwards you can try stating your opinion in a more respectful fashion. My thoughts on PvE are not lesser than your thoughts on PvP or WvW just because you want to believe it so, especially since Necros are still hurting just as badly in PvE as they are in PvP and WvW. Get over it.

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

where did he said he wants it catered ONLY to pvp? He merely pointed out the flaw in someone’s logic due to the fact the person he is referring to only has PVE experience. I believe he is right in suggesting the person needs experience in other game modes before posting novels about balance.

Everyone has flaws in their logic, regardless of what you play or how long you’ve played it. Stating “I’ve played all modes my opinion’s more valuable” is as arrogant as the elitists going around stating only one build works and the rest are trash for scrubs. He’s clearly catering to the PvP/WvW side of the game if he’s going to nit-pick at someone who only plays one mode, otherwise there’d be no point commenting. Half of the people who post novels about balance are typically PvP/WvW players anyways with little care for PvE, so your logic and his can easily be flipped right back on its head.

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

No its not being elitist, i dont understand why you and some other PVE players always call someone elitist when they say pvp and wvw must be considered during balancing…..

My logic is that you should be familiar with all game modes if you want to make balance suggestions are you telling me that is false? And only being familiar with PVE is sufficient?

Someone who plays all game modes opinion should be valued higher than someone who only plays one. Its one of the reasons why i typically dont contribute to balance discussions as i strictly play PvP. Since i barely play the other game modes by opinion on balance matters very little. Difference between you and i is i dont think im a snowflake.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

“I’ve played all modes my opinion’s more valuable”

Having more experience does make your opinion more valuable than someone has no experience.
Stop trying to pass ignorance off as wisdom.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

No its not being elitist, i dont understand why you and some other PVE players always call someone elitist when they say pvp and wvw must be considered during balancing…..

My logic is that you should be familiar with all game modes if you want to make balance suggestions are you telling me that is false? And only being familiar with PVE is sufficient?

Someone who plays all game modes opinion should be valued higher than someone who only plays one. Its one of the reasons why i typically dont contribute to balance discussions as i strictly play PvP. Since i barely play the other game modes by opinion on balance matters very little. Difference between you and i is i dont think im a snowflake.

Difference between you and I: I don’t actively seek out conflict like you clearly are. Last time I checked, ANET balances separately between PvE and PvP/WvW. Hence why some skills perform differently (same with Traits) depending on the mode. So, again, it doesn’t matter one way or another which mode you play. Logically speaking, someone who plays one mode will have more experience and input in that mode compared to someone who plays all modes, who won’t have the in-depth experience. That doesn’t just go for PvE, that goes for PvP and WvW as well. Even if I did decide to subject myself to the crap that is PvP (at the very least) I still wouldn’t have as much experience as someone like you who only plays PvP. Why? Because of time spent.

@Crinn (because I don’t feel like double posting to the same thing)
The only opinion that’s valuable is the ones coming from the Beta players, or the ones who have been around since the very beginning if you want to look at it from a blanket perspective. Otherwise, I’ve already said my piece with NeXeD so I won’t be repeating myself.

I do love, however, how this post was originally about Power Necro (not just GS I know the title is misleading) and yet you kids want to try and pick a fight about literally nothing important, and nothing on-topic. Like I said to Muchacho: if you don’t like what I have to say then be the adult you claim to be and gloss over me and move on. No one’s forcing you to read my comments and no one’s forcing you to reply, so grow up and quit actively seeking out drama. You’re not changing anything, I’ll still post my opinion on whatever I want whether you want me to or not.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

im not the one calling everyone elitists everytime they have a differing opinion. Playing one mode means you only have that mode to consider when considering balance. While someone who plays all modes would consider all modes when considering balance….. IT is also possible that even though the person plays all game modes they still may have more hours on each game mode than somoene who specifically plays one.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

im not the one calling everyone elitists everytime they have a differing opinion. Playing one mode means you only have that mode to consider when considering balance. While someone who plays all modes would consider all modes when considering balance….. IT is also possible that even though the person plays all game modes they still may have more hours on each game mode than somoene who specifically plays one.

I’m not the one coming off as an Elitist, telling someone else they can’t have an opinion unless this this and that. It has nothing with people having different opinions, it has everything to do with how things are being said. What you say isn’t as important as how you say it. Learned that one a long time ago, right alongside respect.

It is possible, however that would fall under what I told Crinn about being around since the beginning of the game, most likely, since most players typically stop and find a new game once they hit the end of the game. Some don’t even return. That’s not to say that’s the only scenario (since a lot of people tend to think my examples are literal), but I’ve witnessed it as a common one over here.

Like I said, ANET supposedly balances separately between PvE, PvP and WvW which pretty much makes the whole ‘you gotta play all modes or shut up’ argument pointless. If they’re all balanced separately, then that means ANET’s looking at each mode individually instead of looking at a class and seeing how it effects everything. Plenty of Skills/Utilities/Traits are tweaked/changed once you enter PvP, even some Runes. Leave the PvP lobby, those restrictions/changes are now removed/reverted. So there’s nothing wrong with having an opinion on one game mode when it doesn’t even effect the other modes. Not to mention there is nothing wrong with playing one mode and having an opinion on only that mode, I’d much rather have someone who has an honest opinion on one mode (no matter how ‘minute’ you may wish it to be) over someone who just sits acting like they’ve played all modes and know what they’re talking about. Would you rather I have an opinion on PvE, where I play, or go around spewing nonsense about PvP/WvW ‘changes’ that I clearly wouldn’t have a clue about?

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

They aren’t all balanced separately SOME skills are balanced separately.

I didnt say you are coming of as elitist im not even sure what to call what your coming off as……

I said you are calling people elitists everytime they have a differing opinion.

You seem to RESPECT your own opinion but not those who you consider ELITIST.

also never said you cant have an opinion, i am simply stating that the opinion of someone who plays all game modes should be valued over those who only play one.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

They aren’t all balanced separately SOME skills are balanced separately.

I didnt say you are coming of as elitist im not even sure what to call what your coming off as……

I said you are calling people elitists everytime they have a differing opinion.

You seem to RESPECT your own opinion but not those who you consider ELITIST.

also never said you cant have an opinion, i am simply stating that the opinion of someone who plays all game modes should be valued over those who only play one.

If some skills are balanced separately then that doesn’t mean they can’t continue to do just that for all modes. Buff the crap out of Power Reaper for PvE, but make it PvE only (example).

The only ones I consider Elitists are the ones who go about claiming opinion as fact, which I haven’t done for the record. If anything I’ve been defensive at those coming off as harsh, those with differing opinions of mine who actually showed tact and respect I gave the same exact kind of tact and respect back to. Like I said, it’s about how you say stuff not exactly what you say. I can respect differing opinions and even brainstorm with them, but it’s when the one with the differing opinion starts to belittle or look down on someone else (in this case me) is when I dismiss them. I treat others how they treat me, nothing more nothing less and when I’m out of line I have no problem apologizing, settling things and moving on. I’m well aware I can be overly passionate about some things at times and make an effort to keep the reigns taught as much as possible.

All opinions should be valued equally, regardless of what you play is what I was saying. No one opinion is inferior to another simply because of time spent, which is a luxury I might add. We can disagree amongst ourselves all we want, but at the end of the day opinion is feedback and feedback is always valuable. If you want to value the opinion of one over another’s then that’s all well and good, because that’s your choice. But ‘valuable’ is subjective and how we may see it as one thing could be seen differently by others.

Personally I’m just as tired of getting roped into these scuffles as you are, I move on and get dragged right back into whatever it was I’d already dropped. Not an excuse to get snippy, but it is annoying.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Difference between you and I: I don’t actively seek out conflict like you clearly are.

Lol.. 10/10

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Check out the raid subforum. I posted the suggestion and it caused a right upheaval.

I don’t usually have a reason to ghost that subforum but this I have to see, thank you!

As for this thread, my god the ego is strong in this one.
There are actually too many swelled heads to crack here. So the best approach is to ignore them.

As for the OP, the bit that worries me most is this.

However, the community kind of turned me off and I had shelved my Necro.

My advice to the OP: if the thought of a cloth wearing greatsword wielder is enough for you to enjoy the class, then don’t let the community turn you off it. Metas come and go, and in the end they’re pretty much irrelevant and used almost exclusively as excuses. If you enjoy it, play it. If someone tries telling you you “shouldn’t be playing it”, find better people.

For raids, the point about theoretical dps max vs actual achieved dps is a sound one. For wvw there are usually far more variables in play when estimating build performance so you may as well just work at getting the most out of the build you enjoy playing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

jpnova.4572

Where is GS Necro now?

GS Necro is lying on the floor, taking a kicking from all the other classes. Still.

That’s funny, mine’s a GS/Staff chill/condimancer, and I’m soloing champs all day. Kicking out 3~4k crits in AA, while dishing out 14~16k condi damage to boot.

I, too, wipe the floor with NPCs.
… so does every other class.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Necromancer

Posted by: IronPhoenix.2045

IronPhoenix.2045

What is the theme of Necromancer? Weaken enemys.

What should a Necromancer bring the group? Boon remove and weaken enemys with vulnerability so the full dps classes deal more dmg. Necros got a high surviavability so the dont need the highest dps. But increase others dps with 25 stacks vulnerability fits to their playstyle and makes them a must have if the other classes get less access to vulnerability.

Necromancers 25 stacks vulnerability like ps are needed for 25 stacks might. Simply change high impact.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

What is the theme of Necromancer? Weaken enemys.

Necromancers 25 stacks vulnerability like ps are needed for 25 stacks might. Simply change high impact.

Well, in pve 25 vulnerability uptime isn’t so out of reach with 3 player.. if only necros could increase the value of vulnerability x2 (with a change to rending shroud) could be a great utility.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

@Okami,
If you talking about wvw/pvp you are clearly over your head.

Dagger>>>>>>>GS
Simply because dagger dish out dmg quickly and can easly dis out more dmg auto attacking while GS auto attack finish. GD and Nightfall are not in the equation since they are so easy to dodge and avoid. Plain and simple. GS is about the burst not about the DPS it is not DPS weapon in pvp.

If someone is dying to dagger in pvp, they are trash. Also GD and nightfall cant be avoided at the end of a dodge.

Just because YOU might suck, doesn’t mean every necro does. I kill plenty of people just fine with GS. Only a blind immobile monkey will die to daggers pitiful dps.

It is almost like you talking about GS but instead of saying GS you saying daggers..

But kudos being the 10% of the Necro pvp community who think GS is effective.

Also kudos of being the 1% of the entire guildwars2 playerbase who think all ppl are stupid enough to dodge the moment you using GD.

Would use your comment as signature but nah I am really nice person.

I’m confused and am going to assume you were talking to Draco on that one (confused because I was quoted as well yet your comment sounded like it was directed at him, especially since you mentioned PvP).

ye it was for him

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

@Okami,
If you talking about wvw/pvp you are clearly over your head.

Dagger>>>>>>>GS
Simply because dagger dish out dmg quickly and can easly dis out more dmg auto attacking while GS auto attack finish. GD and Nightfall are not in the equation since they are so easy to dodge and avoid. Plain and simple. GS is about the burst not about the DPS it is not DPS weapon in pvp.

If someone is dying to dagger in pvp, they are trash. Also GD and nightfall cant be avoided at the end of a dodge.

Just because YOU might suck, doesn’t mean every necro does. I kill plenty of people just fine with GS. Only a blind immobile monkey will die to daggers pitiful dps.

It is almost like you talking about GS but instead of saying GS you saying daggers..

But kudos being the 10% of the Necro pvp community who think GS is effective.

Also kudos of being the 1% of the entire guildwars2 playerbase who think all ppl are stupid enough to dodge the moment you using GD.

Would use your comment as signature but nah I am really nice person.

I’m confused and am going to assume you were talking to Draco on that one (confused because I was quoted as well yet your comment sounded like it was directed at him, especially since you mentioned PvP).

ye it was for him

Kudos to you for thinking of the 0% of players who are killing by pitiful melee cleave, and a very long cd, and low duration immob. I’ve probably killed more people in pvp with gravedigger, than you have with a dagger necro, ever. Can’t dodge when you are out of endurance kappa. Maybe you are like the rest of the trash necro’s who grave digger to open with, the reason you actually think this?

Everything you said applies to dagger as well mind you. The irony is cute.

I’d use your youtube as an example of blatant hypocrisy and me being correct, but i’m a nice person.

(edited by FrostDraco.8306)

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

“I’d use your youtube as an example of blatant hypocrisy and me being correct, but I’m a nice person.”

You just hypocritically DID use his YouTube simply by referencing it. A nice person wouldn’t have to point it out, they’d just turn the other cheek and walk away (just saying).

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

“I’d use your youtube as an example of blatant hypocrisy and me being correct, but I’m a nice person.”

You just hypocritically DID use his YouTube simply by referencing it. A nice person wouldn’t have to point it out, they’d just turn the other cheek and walk away (just saying).

That was called sarcasm. And that was the point. It’s not hypocrisy.

He did the same thing to me. I only think its fair.

in Necromancer

Okami.7049

That was called sarcasm. And that was the point. It’s not hypocrisy.

He did the same thing to me. I only think its fair.

I’m not taking sides, I’m just saying you brought attention to the one thing you said you wouldn’t. I’m not going into the whole ‘he did it first’ thing, that’s a can of worms that should remain tightly closed.