Stop displaying life force on party UI

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zzod.5791

Zzod.5791

Please get rid of displaying our life force on the party UI. It is pointless and creates constant confusion to the rest of my party because they think that my actual health is dangerously low. This problem is most prevalent and annoying in tpvp.

There is nothing that your team specifically needs to do for you or be made aware of because your life force has reached a certain amount. I can’t count how many times I am hearing my teammates yell in our voice comm channels that my hitpoints are low, when I am actually perfectly safe at 98% life.

Just change it so that our real hitpoints are displayed full time on the party UI. Simple.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

+1, every tPvPer ever has had a team screw something up because their necro was “low” because of that UI.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Proper communication saves lives.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

+1

Show it as an extra bar, or still better, don’t show it at all!

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

I think that they should just show it as an extra bar.

Benight[Edge]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zzod.5791

Zzod.5791

Why? How will any of your decisions as a player in my group as ANY class change as a result of knowing my life force?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Yeah man, kittens weak.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I could potentially see some highly coordinated teams pull something off with seeing the secondary life bar, but it would be pretty rare if it ever happened, and not really worth it.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Oh yes, I’ve had so many mini heart attacks because my mates were down to ~1 hp… and then miraculously healing 20k hp the next moment -.-
This really needs a change.

in Necromancer

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

Well, the more you know the better decisions you can make, so I vote for an extra bar.

I often take a quick look at health bars when not in combat to see the overall situation, and if the necromancer bar just stops moving when in DS I’ll assume he’s safe even if he’s actually eating a spike. Of course, an organized team would probably call out something like that, but if the health bars lying about the necromancer being in danger are a problem, then I can see the opposite causing confusion as well.

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

in Necromancer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

I say remove it. Any plan that requires the team to know of the necro’s life force can be achieved via chat. All the necro has to do is say "I’m full, or “I’m getting low” everything in between is irrelevant to any plans anyone could ever make.

If they are going to add a second bar for life force, then next people would be requesting to see the c/d of the heal skills of there team. because knowing long is left on my team mates heal skill is actually far more useful to me than knowing my necro’s life force.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

It’s annoying in dungeons as well, wasting heals on Necro that then pops out of DS. Yeah here’s no reason to show it to allies, as HP or a 2nd bar. What are they going to do? Go down to provide more lifeforce?

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Necromancer

Posted by: LoRdZeRo.5364

LoRdZeRo.5364

+1
i suggest to change LF color in Party UI

Some funny stories :P
In PvE :
Player: heyyy necro, you are about to fall i’ll come to you
Necro :what ?, oh no… don’t worry i was in DS !

In Dungeons :
Player: okay necro, keep stacking on boss i’ll heal you… Skill activated
Necro: why u waste your skill man i was in DS -_-

tPvP Group Leader: you there, go and help necro
Player 1: try to hold there necro, coming to you
Necro: huh?
Leader: Whaaat !

WvW Guild Event on Teamspeak:
- Commander: left.. right… i need veil… throw all of your AOE & CC on me now
- Someone: OMG, necro in my party from no hp to full hp in 1 sec, what that OPPP healing
- Suddenly Everyone on chanel: yep i yes told unbalanced you OP necro no wooo lol Life Force Death Shroud
-Commander: to the right to the right… dodge now dodge now… water field… blast blast
-Necro: What?? OP ??, noooooo i was in DS guys
-Commander: KEEP THE FK**** channel clear NOW !!

Mohawy [TEQ] – “I’m Death Incarnate !”
The Empty Quarter || Desolation
http://teqonline.com

(edited by LoRdZeRo.5364)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Lol, the amount of times I’ve had people yelling on teamspeak about DS…

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

LastDay.3524

Why? How will any of your decisions as a player in my group as ANY class change as a result of knowing my life force?

Your group?
I dunno. I’m thinking of myself and my guildies.

Many of my guildies get very close to low-health party members in Dungeons in preparation to res them fast right after they get downed.

They often get very close to me in preparation to res me when they see my Life Force get low.
This is because they don’t know how much health I have once my Death Shroud wears off.
It could be 10% (they should get close) or it could be 100% (they should do their own thing).
Due to the dumb UI it’s complete guesswork.
If they saw both Health and Life Force they’d know whether to get ready to res me or not.

…and I’d bet it wouldn’t hurt in PvP either.

Benight[Edge]

(edited by LastDay.3524)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Or you could just never show LF and only show HP like every other class, so they could do the exact same thing without having to know what your LF bar is.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

LastDay.3524

Or you could just never show LF and only show HP like every other class, so they could do the exact same thing without having to know what your LF bar is.

Then they’d get close to res me while my Health is at 10% but Life Force is at 100%. :P
Waste of time.

I know it’s not a huge deal.
I’m just saying that I think that it’s relevant info to me and the people I play with and it’d be nice to have it on the UI.
GW2’s UI is tiny as is, 1 extra bar for 1 Profession wouldn’t really be a huge deal.
Heck, they could even just split the bar horizontally to display both in the same space the one bar takes now.

Benight[Edge]

(edited by LastDay.3524)