"Subject to balance changes."

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

" As always, all the numbers shown in the livestream are subject to balance changes." – From the POI Recap post.

Yes, I would hope that’s obvious, but why mention it? Is this to quell the fears and tears already building in other class forums? Will Reapers be a bait and switch? Or am I being paranoid and should shutup?

I’m gonna’ shutup.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

It may be more a reaction to the observations that many Necromancers made that a lot of these damage numbers were actually pretty low, rather than too strong.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Whi if you use dagger+warhorn adn 2 wells you’re able to deal 9 attacks in 2 seconds, that mean 9% Life Force and 9 stack of might every 2 seconds.
In 6 seconds you can stay with 25 might forever, until the enemy have chill, recharging your DS a incredibly high speed (more than 20% of DS in 2 seconds with the current well of corruption that recharge DS -I think it’s to be added on the description or fixed-)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They said because ppl are getting hung up on the numbers in other elites, so they are clarifying that nothing is final

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Because if they didn’t say it over and over people would take it as though they were done with the specialization and not still working on it… which is still exactly what most people are doing.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Because if they didn’t say it over and over people would take it as though they were done with the specialization and not still working on it… which is still exactly what most people are doing.

You’ll always have that though regardless. I think we have this much of it because of ANets track record with updates and changes though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Whi if you use dagger+warhorn adn 2 wells you’re able to deal 9 attacks in 2 seconds, that mean 9% Life Force and 9 stack of might every 2 seconds.
In 6 seconds you can stay with 25 might forever, until the enemy have chill, recharging your DS a incredibly high speed (more than 20% of DS in 2 seconds with the current well of corruption that recharge DS -I think it’s to be added on the description or fixed-)

There are these things called cooldowns that those skills have.

You have burst potential, but sustained is only okay.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

About the traits Chilling Force and Blighter’s Boom they haven’t put a cooldown on it (not yet), then you can do what I’ve wrote.

Then, the sustain of the necro can be ok with a combination like that, but also that can make the necro able to enter DS continuosly, making it OP.

The balance about Necromancer is hard because of that broken machanic.
They can change Chilling Force to make it activable only 5 times every 5 seconds, something like Chilling Nova. That will make it good but not OP.

They need to see how we will use that traits and all that combinations in HoT and compare it to all the other specializzation and combinations to see how to fix that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

About the traits Chilling Force and Blighter’s Boom they haven’t put a cooldown on it (not yet), then you can do what I’ve wrote.

Then, the sustain of the necro can be ok with a combination like that, but also that can make the necro able to enter DS continuosly, making it OP.

The balance about Necromancer is hard because of that broken machanic.
They can change Chilling Force to make it activable only 5 times every 5 seconds, something like Chilling Nova. That will make it good but not OP.

They need to see how we will use that traits and all that combinations in HoT and compare it to all the other specializzation and combinations to see how to fix that.

The skills have cooldowns. And lengthy ones at that. Which means that you will have burst recovery moments, then it will drop off until the cooldowns come up again and you can repeat. That time in between, though, is a good-sized window.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

They always need to give a disclaimer when showing footage of works in progress, even if they don’t end up changing anything.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard