Suggestion: Dark Field Leap Finisher Change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Necro has a monopoly on the dark fields in the game. The problem comes with the leap finisher causes blind. 2 of the fields, especially two of our fields already cause blind so its overly redundant since blind stacks in duration instead of intensity. Additionally when paired with reaper #2 you are just over blinding someone.

Now this would be useful if chilling darkness didn’t have an ICD like the old days but unfortunately it does. There is pretty much no benefit to over stacking blind or stacking 8~9s of blind.

I have two suggestions.
1: change it to a siphoning strike. This would remove some of the redundancy from the fields as well as adding some level of support due to the monopoly we have on dark fields. Only problem is how leaps can hit multiple targets making it inherently hard to balance.

You could add an ICD since I dont think every effect of every finisher is taught to new starters so the reasoning that its confusing wouldnt be sound. It would either proc on the target you have selected or the closest target to you.

2: Add dark aura which causes attacks to siphon health with a 1s ICD. Again adding offensive support.

Just my thoughts this morning.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Dark Aura yes please. Although given how Auras work, its more likely it will steal life from foes that hit the user rather than giving the user life steal. Depending on how powerful they make it, it could also inflict blind on attacking foes too. Though this might make it slightly too powerful.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I think we should’ve had Dark Aura at launch as we had Light Aura, so they would’ve been anti-thesis to each other. And rather than inflicting Blind, it should inflict a short Weakness. Would be more on theme with a Dark Aura.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Dark = lack of light = inability to see = blind

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

if we can’t have dodges, invuls, and other defenses, at least Anet should give us more blindness and area blindness.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think we should’ve had Dark Aura at launch as we had Light Aura, so they would’ve been anti-thesis to each other. And rather than inflicting Blind, it should inflict a short Weakness. Would be more on theme with a Dark Aura.

Small nitpick, but Light Aura was added well after launch. Leap Finishers in Light fields originally just granted Retaliation.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well… I wouldn’t bet on this. Too much light is as blinding than too much darkness… Guardian trait incoming : “symbole now also blind foes. ICD 10s”

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

And rather than inflicting Blind, it should inflict a short Weakness. Would be more on theme with a Dark Aura.

Overlap with poison field leap and blast. Most fields tends to have [{Blast(area effect X),Leap(single-target effect X)}{Projectile(single-target effect Y },Whirl(area effect Y)}].

Only and water really break this having 3 of the effects be X. Lightning fields ..well im glad it doesnt since nobody would want blasted aoe daze or leaping shocking aura.

if we can’t have dodges, invuls, and other defenses, at least Anet should give us more blindness and area blindness.

Not sure if sarcastic but we already have some of the best area blindness there is. Also there is a lot of fury out there these days. Blind is also not as useful due to how if functions..and then there is resistance.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Well… I wouldn’t bet on this. Too much light is as blinding than too much darkness… Guardian trait incoming : “symbole now also blind foes. ICD 10s”

But it makes more sense than weakness, that’s what I’m saying.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I was going to say no to adding more blind spam but on a necro it might not be so bad. Get hit with cc and blind target, they miss follow up spike skill. I guess I’m just a little worried at how frequently a reaper could proc “dark aura”. Make it last only 2 seconds though. Just enough for a blind on foes at any range.

Making “dark aura” weaken though? No. Every freaking power class might aswell just uninstall game because of the condi reaper meta.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Necro already has access to abundant weakness thanks to corrupts and everyone having might

in Necromancer

Yannir.4132

And rather than inflicting Blind, it should inflict a short Weakness. Would be more on theme with a Dark Aura.

Overlap with poison field leap and blast. Most fields tends to have [{Blast(area effect X),Leap(single-target effect X)}{Projectile(single-target effect Y },Whirl(area effect Y)}].

Only and water really break this having 3 of the effects be X. Lightning fields ..well im glad it doesnt since nobody would want blasted aoe daze or leaping shocking aura.

I was talking about an aura, not the field. So no, it wouldn’t overlap. Getting an aura that inflicts Weakness is different to poison fields inflicting Weakness on Combo Finisher.

But as Auras tend to have an offensive proc and a boon, neither blind nor weakness makes much sense if it already lifesteals when struck. I’m of the mind if they would make the lifesteal strong enough, it doesn’t need much else in it.

All classes lvl 80.

(edited by Yannir.4132)

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

I was talking about an aura, not the field. So no, it wouldn’t overlap. Getting an aura that inflicts Weakness is different to poison fields inflicting Weakness on Combo Finisher.

It doesn’t matter its still an overlap. How would you get the weakness aura? interacting with a field most likely, then it would have to follow the fairly standard model because it makes sense. Besides it would also overlap with frost aura since they would produce fairly similar effects in reducing incoming damage.

The idea is dark aura doesnt produce weakness but either life leach or blind because thats how fields are designed, they all have a fairly standard model and darkfields fnishers produce blind and lifeleach. . If you wanted an aura that produced weakness it would have to come from a poison field.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

Yannir.4132

The idea is dark aura doesnt produce weakness but either life leach or blind because thats how fields are designed, they all have a fairly standard model. If you wanted an aura that produced weakness it would have to come from a poison field.

A poison aura? Let’s not get carried away.

PS. Edited my previous post, you might wanna see it.

All classes lvl 80.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

“neither blind nor weakness makes much sense if it already lifesteals when struck. I’m of the mind if they would make the lifesteal strong enough, it doesn’t need much else in it.”

This is the original idea, LS on hit with leap or an aura that grants LS when struck.

in Necromancer

Yannir.4132

“neither blind nor weakness makes much sense if it already lifesteals when struck. I’m of the mind if they would make the lifesteal strong enough, it doesn’t need much else in it.”

This is the original idea, LS on hit with leap or an aura that grants LS when struck.

The aura version of that is pretty much how I’d like this best atm.

All classes lvl 80.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The aura version of that is pretty much how I’d like this best atm.

Yes please to aura.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

So its all agreed. Dark fields + leap finisher will now grant a Dark Aura which inflicts life stealing on foes that hit you. Make it happen Anet!

in Necromancer

Yannir.4132

Make it happen ANet!

All classes lvl 80.