[Suggestion] Some changes to some Corruptions

in Necromancer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

This is mainly for PvE, but I can see it working for PvP as well. Corruptions are something that people don’t like to use mainly due to the fact that their effects are lacking.

I try to keep it simple, but the descriptions are long because there are some explanations. I’ll try to bold the changes.

First, I just want to start by saying I try to keep the fundamental uses of corruptions but actually make them practical to use. Let’s begin:

Consume Conditions: It’s strong as is. A common theme with corruptions I’m going to make is that everyone suffers what you suffer as the act of corruption (which is what its kind of supposed to be… I think).

I believe it should be changed to 1 vulnerability per condition you consume, and it applies to your target enemy as well. The more you suffer, the more the enemy suffers. It also does nothing if you didn’t consume any conditions to begin with.

Blood Is Power: I think it needs a little more that goes beyond might, which is easy to cap out when paired with other classes.

This would be done by making its effect an actual effect (like an aura). The new Blood Is Power would grant +240 Power and +240 Condition Damage (numbers can be changed), the equivalent of 8 stacks of might, for 8 seconds. The benefit of this would be that it goes beyond the might stack capabilities. I believe classes that cannot stack hefty amounts of might can compensate with these kinds of effects.

Also considering a lot of necromancers can already reach 25 stacks for themselves… BiP makes it even less appealing to take.

The 30 seconds of bleed(x2) needs to be 8 seconds of bleed(x5) on 5 nearby enemies in a 240 radius and 4 seconds of bleed(x5) on yourself. If you are using it to condi transfer the enemy will definitely feel it. It’s still the same damage taken, but its a lot more practical. This also makes the range consistent for both allies and enemies which feels a lot better.

Corrosive Poison Cloud: is generally an unpractical and unwieldy skill to use, like hallowed ground. The first change would be to make the *AoE positioned on you so it follows you around. *GW2 has the tech for that kind of thing now.

The second thing for change would be the timing. it procs every 3 seconds for 12 seconds, which feels really bad. It needs to proc every second for 4 seconds.

On bosses for small groups, its now a reliable 6 seconds of weakness rather than an on-off kind of thing with the current version.

Corrupt Boon: needs a little extra. It’s mostly fine as it is but its incredibly useless when the enemy doesn’t have boons at all (PvE). Instead of applying a condition to yourself, it will also convert 1 boon on yourself to a condition and apply that condition to the target enemy as well.

This allows you to use your own boon as a condition, which can be useful or not in some cases. This part is heavily tied to the trait for corruptions.

A stun break on this skill could be nice as well.

Epidemic: When paired with a condition bomb class, its possible for this to be incredibly strong. At the same time, it could be better in use. To me, its mostly because of the cast time of 1 second. This means a lot of fear effects can’t be copied as well which would make this skill a lot more useful if it was instant cast.

To add some more functionality to this skill, making it a stun break would be nice.

Plague: is strong as is. I think the bleeding for Withering Plague (the #1) should apply bleed(x1) stack for 15 seconds, rewarding those who keep the enemy within it longer and making it much stronger for condition builds in PvE.

Master of Corruption: (Trait) I think this trait could have been a bit more unique.

In addition to what it already does, minus some minor changes: “Using corruptions when over the condition threshold(5?) transfers the self-applied condition to affected enemies instead”.

Changes to some effects:

Blood Is Power: Torment(x4) for 5 seconds (same amount of damage as original)
Corrosive Poison Cloud: Cripple for 4 seconds.
Corrupt Boon: 1 addition boon on self is converted.
Epidemic: Copies 1 condition from the enemy to yourself.
Plague: Converts initial stability into fear for 1 second.

This means when you are over the condition threshold your blood is power applies 10 stacks of bleeding and 4 stacks of torment. Your corrosive poison cloud will apply cripple to everyone in it so its easier to keep them inside for the duration (which, surprise, is also 4 seconds now). Corrupt Boon lets you turn your boons into more condition damage. Epidemic could potentially make a condition on an enemy even worse. Plague form used under heavy conditions will fear enemies nearby when you activate it.

These condition applications from the trait alone are on use only, so pulsing things like plague and corrosive poison cloud will only do it as you press the button.

Any discussion?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I would love a corruption which would be an upkeep skill which increase the damage of the whole party (but as you said not through might) but you loose life/life force for the whole duration. This would fix the problem of necromancer to be “too tanky to have a high DPS”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

I would love a corruption which would be an upkeep skill which increase the damage of the whole party (but as you said not through might) but you loose life/life force for the whole duration. This would fix the problem of necromancer to be “too tanky to have a high DPS”.

Making it use life force instead of applying conditions would be awesome as well, but I didn’t want to deviate too much.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Making it use life force instead of applying conditions would be awesome as well, but I didn’t want to deviate too much.

I know, it is just completely different. I just assume the devs don’t want to give us high DPS because of our sustain, but this sustain is just redundant in PvE. Corruptions are a nice (and thematic) way to pay our extra damage by sacrificing our extra sustain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

The 30 seconds of bleed(x2) needs to be *8 seconds of bleed(x5)

Noooo, I love my minute long bleeds, even if they are impractical!

It’s wonderful to use it during teq, die, and run back from the waypoint before your bleeds stop ticking.