Suggestion on Spite V Trait: Spiteful Spirit

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThePurpleGhost.5216

ThePurpleGhost.5216

Right now Spiteful Spirit is “Gain retaliation for 3 seconds when entering Death Shroud.”

I was thinking why not make it into the equivalent of Curses IV, Weakening Shroud (Cast Enfeebling Blood when entering death shroud.) but instead it would cast Unholy Feast? The end effect would be similar with the user gaining retaliation, but it would be an active trait rather than just a defensive one. Of course just like Weakening Shroud it would have a 10 second cool down to prevent it from being over used by those who take the Near to Death Trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Well combining weakening shroud with it would probably make your foes scream in agony and go to the forums to start gaining followers to nerf us. Seeing as how unholy feast cripples, you would really kind of make anyone who comes close to you really sad with that combo. It gets even funnier if you add locust swarm to it.

This is judging only if you combine it all.

I agree that the trait should get some kind of rework or boost though.

(edited by Iceflame.5024)

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

This suggestion would actually would make a it a decent choice in a DS flash build.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I like it…. it would be like dropping a nuclear bomb everytime you enter DS, **when paired with weakening shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Haha. Can you imagine how awesome it would look to trigger both Enfeebling Blood and Unholy Feast at the same time while going into DS? ^^

I’m all for it!

This would deal some boderline op damage though, not just the direct one, but you’d also inflict cripple + weakness + 2bleeds. And you could chain Dark Path and Terror/Doom right after that. So in ~1sec you could use 4 skills ^^

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Haha. Can you imagine how awesome it would look to trigger both Enfeebling Blood and Unholy Feast at the same time while going into DS? ^^

I’m all for it!

This would deal some boderline op damage though, not just the direct one, but you’d also inflict cripple + weakness + 2bleeds. And you could chain Dark Path and Terror/Doom right after that. So in ~1sec you could use 4 skills ^^

It would certainly make my feel like saying: MUWAHHAAHHAAHHHAHA.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

If it is implemented in a similar way with an internal CD, yes please.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

So we’ve just agreed that this would be kind of OP and people agree on having it after those statements, ehhhhhh?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

So we’ve just agreed that this would be kind of OP and people agree on having it after those statements, ehhhhhh?

Why not. Almost every other class has something thats op.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Why not. Almost every other class has something thats op.

That, and the sound effects for Unholy Feast are exactly what I want to hear when I go into Death Shroud. A scream of terror cut short by a loud chomp.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I kinda dont like it how every DS effect needs to be balanced with near to death, and the ones which would actualy make DS switch every 5s worth it/a bit OP, they get internal cooldowns.
And in reality u dont even go in every 5s, more like 10s with trait, if u count the time spent in DS.

But great idea, i would take it even if only for the sound effects.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThePurpleGhost.5216

ThePurpleGhost.5216

But great idea, i would take it even if only for the sound effects.

I can not explain in words how visually and audibly satisfying it would be every time I pressed F1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

I like the idea. The current state of the trait is rather unappealing.

It would need an internal cooldown to prevent people with Near to Death from spamming it every 5 seconds. BTW – Weakening Shroud has 15 second cooldown.

I definitely would consider taking it, especially since I always have a problem picking I-X traits in Spite tree. Plus, the skill sounds and looks extremely cool.

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: pierwola.9602

pierwola.9602

you will kill my build with it so no

(edited by pierwola.9602)

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

you will kill my build with it so no

Could you elaborate? I cannot possibly think of an instance where you would need 3 seconds of retaliation without enemies nearby, and with enemies around you’d only gain (and gain a lot let me add) from the transition.

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

By kill his build, he meant he will need to change his build into power.

Back to topic, I like this idea, I’m currently actually using this trait and I F1 on/off for Enfeebling blood + retaliation + fury. With this improvement, even if it was a weaker version of the skill, it would be a great asset

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

flow.6043

?

Retaliation is based on power. So he obviously uses Near to Death and Spiteful Spirit in a power build.
Replacing it with Unholy Feast would require an internal cd, so his Retaliation uptime would be reduced.

Don’t know if this qualifies as “build killed” though, considering how much damage Unholy Feast does on it’s own.

in Necromancer

Azraeel.1238

?

Retaliation is based on power. So he obviously uses Near to Death and Spiteful Spirit in a power build.
Replacing it with Unholy Feast would require an internal cd, so his Retaliation uptime would be reduced.

Don’t know if this qualifies as “build killed” though, considering how much damage Unholy Feast does on it’s own.

I didn’t see him mention his build really, so I would assume he is using a build which doesn’t have any points in Spite. Adding this to spite will “force” him to put points in spite to get this. Which might kill his current build. Anyways, I think this way of thinking is faulty because he won’t benefit from it as much as if he was going full powermancer, which means he should already have points in spite.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

If someone says his build wouldn’t work anymore if a trait got changed then this can only mean that he’s using the trait in question.

Maybe pierwola himself can clear this up for us..?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I’m not sure it would be that OP honestly. We’re suppose to be facetanking stuff apparently, so why should we not have more ways to keep people from escaping?

I would gladly take it.

I honestly think DS needs more traits that trigger when we enter it, with 10s CD’s on them. I also think they should ALL be minors, while most of our majors focus on buffing our utilities and skill usage on weapons/DS skills. But that’s just a dream.

(edited by Chesire.9043)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

The style of build that this would probably hurt most is a ranged or 1v1 style build that flashes DS frequently enough that it would really feel an internal cooldown, probably from Near to Death. As it is, if you take Near to Death and Spiteful Spirit, you can have 60% uptime on retaliation as long as you’re willing to flash DS instead of actually doing anything inside it. That’s without any boon duration or other skills.

This thread’s version would do much better against multiple enemies, but requires you to be within 600 of said enemies to get any retaliation at all, and if there’s only a single opponent that retaliation won’t compare well to the required internal cooldown.

That said I really do like the idea behind this thread’s version, and it would definitely be visually rewarding.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

I honestly think DS needs more traits that trigger when we enter it, with 10s CD’s on them. I also think they should ALL be minors, while most of our majors focus on buffing our utilities and skill usage on weapons/DS skills. But that’s just a dream.

what would be the point of near to death when everything gets a 10 sec. cooldown?

and while i like the idea of customising your DS via minor traits, i dont think they should all be “effect-when-entering-DS”, that would be a bit boring. those minor traits could also have an effect when:
-you leave DS (like deathly invigoration)
-youre in DS (pulsing, like death shiver)
(theyre both bad cause of numbers, but the ideas of these traits are good)

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

The damage from these skills is not that big. The combined damage assuming you land it 2x per 10s would not be as much as a number of skills in this game with 6-10s CD’s.

Additionally, other classes can use multiple skills per second already. Instant casts can be used during other skills activations with rare exceptions (conveniently Corrupt Boon is one of the exceptions).

This would a welcome addition, but far from OP even if they removed the ICD’s altogether. Your mobility is so bad that if someone lets you get that close every 5s, then they deserve to die.

in Necromancer

pierwola.9602

ok maybe he won’t kill my build with it but for sure he will nerf it (i will have to change that trait).
That idea is nice when you have DS on 10 sec but unfortunately for me i play with Near to Death (i’m condi necro) trait and every CD on DS (entering) traits brings more bad thing than good

in Necromancer

Chesire.9043

what would be the point of near to death when everything gets a 10 sec. cooldown?

and while i like the idea of customising your DS via minor traits, i donjnt think they should all be “effect-when-entering-DS”, that would be a bit boring. those minor traits could also have an effect when:
-you leave DS (like deathly invigoration)
-youre in DS (pulsing, like death shiver)
(theyre both bad cause of numbers, but the ideas of these traits are good)

I never liked pulse effects unless they warrant using up your defense for better offense gain. The current skills we have don’t do this.

As far close to death, it would be for balance. Getting Fury and such is fine on kitten CD but skills that activate like Weakening Shroud would need to be ten. I think having more skills like Weakening Shroud would be amazing and would give us more reason to use DS with more creativity. I also think it would make it just more fun to play in general.

Close to death, to me, seems more of a defensive trait anyway. The only DS skill we have that would even be close to CD (even when traited) would be Dark Path and you’d still have to wait a few seconds to use it if you were flashing DS on CD. I may be wrong, but I don’t think I am. I don’t really use Close to Death anymore.

in Necromancer

Azraeel.1238

I don’t understand what is all the fuss about, I’m confused, maybe I missed something?

@Pierwola, how exactly is adding an attack to the retaliation “nerf” it? If you haven’t traited the DS it will have a cooldown of 8 seconds if im not mistaken, so you won’t be waiting that much if Spiteful Spirit had an internal cooldown of 10 seconds.

@Chesire, how is Close to Death Increases damage by 20% to enemies below 50% health, a defensive trait?

in Necromancer

pierwola.9602

@Pierwola, how exactly is adding an attack to the retaliation “nerf” it? If you haven’t traited the DS it will have a cooldown of 8 seconds if im not mistaken, so you won’t be waiting that much if Spiteful Spirit had an internal cooldown of 10 seconds.

it’s more about when i will cast it with 10/15 sec CD on it and Near to Death trait, right now i have guarantees that every time i enter DS (sometimes i do it every 5 sec) i get 3sec retaliation, and with that idea i will miss it most of the time

my build : range 900-1200 (Unholy Feast range 600), Near to Death trait (Unholy Feast 10/15 CD), Plague Signet/Shrouded Removal (i lose Unholy Feast when i want to use condi cleans), Doom/Terror/CC range 1200 (Unholy Feast range 600), Spiteful Spirit range 1200+ (Unholy Feast range 600)

i see only nerf (for me)

(edited by pierwola.9602)

in Necromancer

Chesire.9043

@Chesire, how is Close to Death Increases damage by 20% to enemies below 50% health, a defensive trait?

Fml.. It isn’t. I was thinking of Near to Death. Why are the names so similar? :\

in Necromancer

Azraeel.1238

lol Chesire, guess close to death = Enemy. Near to death = On Self ! hehehe.

@Pierwola, how about if the internal cooldown of Spiteful Spirit was actually different than Unholy Feast? This way everytime you use DS you will get 3 seconds retaliation, but every 10 seconds you can get an Unholy feast. It wont feel like a nerf for retaliation, but will feel like a buff on the trait side