Superior Rune of the Nightmare :/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

For some one who has never been inside an instance and is level 60, how can I get Superior Rune of the Nightmare…

I must say its kind of a let down seeing how I despise dungeons with a passion and hate the grind associated with them :/

In any case, guess I’ll have to farm TA, but do I need to be 80?

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

You can also get them from the Mystic Forge.
Just buy a few hundred different major runes on the trading post.
Or buy rare lvl68-80 armor and salvage them for ectos. You’ll get 8/10 major runes out of the salvaging process with Master Kits.
I’m not sure about the glob prices atm, but this is usually a rather profitable trade:
buy rare armor, sell globs, throw major runes into the Forge to get superior runes and sell them.

It might take a while to get 6 Nightmare runes though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Alot of groups might not tolerate lower lvl players as TA is one of the more tricky dungeons, atleast until you understand the mechanics and gain some experience. But the explorable mode is lvl 55 so as long as you have lvl 60 gear you wont be too much of a hindrance if you go in with some knowledge of the dungeon. I recommend watching some video’s.

Strifes dungeon videos are very good for mechanics. He runs all dungeons in optimized speedruns but he explains the mechanics of all the dungeons really well, so its still worth a watch.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crimson Doll.2438

Crimson Doll.2438

No, explore TA is level 55. I got the runes that came with the armor (condition Necro) a grand total of 23 runs. I know if you just want the runes, its far less tokens, and thus, less grind.

Edit: it seems I couldn’t type fast enough before others responded. Lol. But no you don’t have to be 80, but it would help, as spoj said most groups want 80’s. But there’s still people out there who are willing to help out, or those who haven’t done this before.

(edited by Crimson Doll.2438)

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You can also get them from the Mystic Forge.
Just buy a few hundred different major runes on the trading post.
Or buy rare lvl68-80 armor and salvage them for ectos. You’ll get 8/10 major runes out of the salvaging process with Master Kits.
I’m not sure about the glob prices atm, but this is usually a rather profitable trade:
buy rare armor, sell globs, throw major runes into the Forge to get superior runes and sell them.

It might take a while to get 6 Nightmare runes though.

If hes only lvl 60 i doubt he be able to afford that haha. I would recommend just learning dungeons. They are good for money and they are pretty much the best and sometimes the only way to get certain stat combos for exotic gear.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

His necro is lvl 60, but his post history on the forum goes back 5 month and he has played most other classes as far as I can tell.
Also it’s not that expensive, because as I said: with a few gold as start up funds you’ll turn a profit quickly.

in Necromancer

Crimson Doll.2438

If he does have multiple toons, can do it on the profession that makes the run easier. For me at least some professions had a more difficult time than others, thats just me though.

in Necromancer

Cempa.5619

Well I just did a TA speed run with guild Explorable was fun and quick with good XP and some nice loot

Got 66 blood so its not so bad and I just realised the Nightmare armour looks really cool so few weeks.

in Necromancer

Crimson Doll.2438

Nice to hear your guild took you.
If you do the runs as you play, you’ll have enough tokens by the time you’re 80, which willbe pretty quick (~one lvl gain per run)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Good news is you dont have to do dungeons at all. I have done maybe 3 or 4 dungeons ever and I’ve played since release. I just buy off the trading post.

Also, if there is armor level 68-80 with the rune on it you can just buy it, salvage (black lion salvage kit prefered to make sure you dont lose the rune), and sell the leftover ectos back for a good chunk of money (or craft with them for more profit if thats your thing). You dont need any crafting skill to do this either.

If you play wvwvw regularly you’ll have 10 gold within a reasonable amount of time.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

You’re level 60. Why are you bothering with runes again?

As others said, you can salvage them off of armour as well.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Except you can’t buy them on the trading post, not the rune itself and not on any armor. It’s one of those soulbound dungeon runes.
So the only way is Mystic Forge or doing the TA dungeon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flowerpower.6795

Flowerpower.6795

This Dungeon isn’t that tricky. At the end no Dungeon is. It’s always the same.. means if you fail you try again and if you succeed you do it this way for the rest of your life :P
Dungeons are way to easy if you ask me.
TA was my first Dungeon and yes.. its harder than cof p1 but still no problem if you got 4 people with you which know what they’re doing with their characters.
I would not do this mystic forge things.. most times you loose a lot of gold for nothing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

If you are simply looking for the 4set then Lich runes do exactly the same thing, with vit instead of condi dmg as the other stat. A good cheap substitute.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

The Nightmare and Lich sets both used to give +20% condi duration upon having the 4pc bonus. I have really no idea why they changed it back to 10%. If you look at comparisons of other runes, these two sets are totally underpowered. You can get +10% duration from only 2 pieces of Mad King or Lyssa.

in Necromancer

Cempa.5619

The Nightmare and Lich sets both used to give +20% condi duration upon having the 4pc bonus. I have really no idea why they changed it back to 10%. If you look at comparisons of other runes, these two sets are totally underpowered. You can get +10% duration from only 2 pieces of Mad King or Lyssa.

I was going for Fear:

50% Trait
10% Runes
40% Pizza

So the x6 bonus becomes a 2 sec fear which ticks twice? I want condition intensity and burst setting-up as a Condi and Terror/Master of Terror are really cool as well as a heck of a lot a fun!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

I was going for Fear:

50% Trait
10% Runes
40% Pizza

So the x6 bonus becomes a 2 sec fear which ticks twice? I want condition intensity and burst setting-up as a Condi and Terror/Master of Terror are really cool as well as a heck of a lot a fun!

You can go 2x lyssa or 2x mad king or 1 giver weapon