TIP: MM Reaper can solo most HoT Champions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warscythes.9307

Warscythes.9307

If you are like me, the first time you finally reached a skill point in HoT after getting sniped/bitten/NOT WORTHY, and out pops a champion with a timer that absolutely destroy your behind. The reaction is probably something like “kitten”. Although the forum filters that but you get what I mean.

Well fear no longer, because after a few trials I found out that a MM Reaper chews through 90% of the skill point champions. The only one I wasn’t able to solo was the vampire beast because it leechs too much hp and Balta champion because I am bad.

All you really need is unlocking reaper shroud, that’s it. Slot your utility fill with minions and go the usual Death/Blood/Reaper, D/WH + GS. Be in full zerker/valk, runes doesn’t matter. The champ will aggro on your flesh golem then you. Alll the reaper has to do is hop in reaper shroud when is being targeted and spam as much cc as possible when the defiance bar is up. Just make sure you don’t get cleaved while it is targetting the flesh golem.

And that’s really it, you have enough sustain that you can just stand there and facetank most of the normal hits. Dodge whenever you can though. So the next time you see a skill point, there is no need to call the map or guildies. Just solo it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I’d actually suggest going with Spite/DM/Reaper instead, use Blood Fiend/Bone Minions/Flesh Golem and Wells (or whatever else you see fit).

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

Tried wells, didn’t find it that great to be honest but hey if it works for you then great. I am just trying to tell other reapers, especially the new ones that we can solo champs fairly easily with very little requirements.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

FYI there is nothing forcing you to use Reaper while it still isn’t fully unlocked. Non-Reaper builds are going to be much better at soloing champions, and standard MM should be able to solo them easily.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

Is death/blood/reaper the optimal reaper build at this point? Not soul reaping?

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

@Bhawb,

True, but I assume most people are lazy butts like me and aren’t bothering with switching since is a pain. Although I prefer reaper due to having more access to CC and shroud 4 on shorter cd for a bit more healing.

@ The Great AI

Nah use whichever works best for you. As you can see I got two other people saying other builds work. This thread is more of a PSA for new reapers because I know for a fact a lot of people wanted to play just reaper but not necromancer so they have no idea what the class can do. So this thread let’s them know you can literally facetank your way through victory to unlock challenges in HoT.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

The thing about those vampire things is, it blatantly shows we need some freaking type of petcontrol. Like, seriously imagine using a golem in a raid to destroy breakbars…just to have a boss have that type of mechanic and no way to get the golem out of the freaking leeching field. Complete kitten.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Is death/blood/reaper the optimal reaper build at this point? Not soul reaping?

Depends on what you’re looking at.
PvE? Probably not, missing out on Spite is huge. Really huge. Middle trait line is basically contested between DM/BM/SR, depending on what you want. DM would be used when running around solo with a build that is pretty much self-sustaining, BM is for content like fractals where the vampiric skills actually matter (and transfusion is an excellent carry-tool, just be sure to not pull someone who’s downed into an AoE you’re standing in lmao) and SR is your way to go if you’re looking for pure DPS.

Can’t really say much about WvW and PvP as I only play PvP from time to time when I’m bored/doing dailies and don’t touch WvW at all unless necessary, so someone else will have to fill you in there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

regular necro MM can, as well…which makes getting your HP much easier

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah minions are actually really useful now. Been using them quite a lot in fractals. Able to completely faceroll Mai Trin solo with them as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Yea I just had fun soloing the mad king dungeon. It wasnt hard obviously but it was nice doing it easily since nobody wanted to group for it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Yeah minions are actually really useful now. Been using them quite a lot in fractals. Able to completely faceroll Mai Trin solo with them as well.

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Yea I just had fun soloing the mad king dungeon. It wasnt hard obviously but it was nice doing it easily since nobody wanted to group for it.

Same, although the only minion i used was Golem, and I was Spite/ Soul Reaping/ half finished reaper line (no grandmaster minor or grandmaster). And with greatsword and RS only. Reaper feels like a Raidboss at times, it is glorious.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140