Target the Weak [25 Curses]

in Necromancer

Posted by: replicant.3620

replicant.3620

Is this trait bugged at the moment? It’s a little awkward to test, but I’m not really seeing it kick in.

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | Pain Train Choo [Choo] | Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Not like 2% increase pr condition is a big jump in the first place.

There are only 11 conditions on the game, meaning that at best there would be a 22% increase in damage.

This compared to say the mesmers warlock that get 10% pr condition, meaning it can potentially double its damage output. Oh, and it is a weapon skill and the mesmer may be able to keep 3 of it in play.

Honestly, the more i think about it the more i feel that Anet devs must have a nasty sense of irony…

in Necromancer

Posted by: replicant.3620

replicant.3620

I understand that, but I am not noticing a 20% increase which should be pretty evident.

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | Pain Train Choo [Choo] | Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

It doesn’t effect condition damage…..because it clearly makes sense to put raw damage increase in the condition centered trait line.

If you want to test it use steady weapons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wayfarer.2051

Wayfarer.2051

It’s bugged
and bad.
Just look at Curses 25. It increases damage by 20% to enemies below 50%, statistically increasing damage by 10%
Or look at all the other classes ever.
Ever since release, Necro is possibly the most kittened class in the game.
And we have Rangers complaining about not being able to hold 15 bleeds on a target via AutoAttack!

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

It’s currently bugged in that it doesn’t work with condition damage. I use it on my power/life siphon necro because it’s not that difficult to get a few conditions on an enemy. Most of the time you’ll get a 4% bonus, which seems small but it adds up over time. If you’re up against someone who is stacking conditions on you, just transfer them right back and suddenly you’re getting 12% damage increase. Also works against Guardians with “Save Yourselves!”: simply use Corrupt Boon and enjoy the extra damage.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

an yes, time. Sadly the game is more tuned towards short decisive fights than long grinding ones. And as such, time related effects are less effective than large singular effects. Likely our biggest beneficiary to this damage boost is dagger 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

i’m a little tired by necro.. everything, also ain’t bugged, has problems..
wells with CD too high, weapons don’t incisive.. left something..
unlike others classes we have worse bonuses.. like this 2%.. pretty useless.. but the curse tree is always a must in every build…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

Who says it’s even a bug? Im sure that +damage traits/runes/sigils were never supposed to effect condition damage. Of course this is just guessing because Anet won’t tell us anything…………………………….

in Necromancer

Posted by: boneduste.4023

boneduste.4023

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Target_the_Weak_

Basically you get an additional 2% dmg done by your direct dmg attack for each condition on the target. So as an example if your target had 10 conditions on them (+20%) and you hit them for 100 with your scepter (not the bleed the direct hit), you would do 120pts.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Target_the_Weak_

Basically you get an additional 2% dmg done by your direct dmg attack for each condition on the target. So as an example if your target had 10 conditions on them (+20%) and you hit them for 100 with your scepter (not the bleed the direct hit), you would do 120pts.

Does this mean for each condition, say i have 10 bleeds on the target, would that count as 2% increase or 20% increase?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

Does this mean for each condition, say i have 10 bleeds on the target, would that count as 2% increase or 20% increase?

2%. it’s a single condition with 10 stacks, not 10 conditions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

So its meaningless…great. Traits should be EASY to notice. You shouldn’t even have to run calculations. You should be able to trait up and see significant differences in your damage/defense/ect compared to not having the trait. The only ones that are apparent are recharge times. THAT I can easily feel without breaking out a spreadsheet and calculator, which is the way its supposed to be. All this 2% damage of 10% total this or that is TERRIBLE design.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

necro – great on paper; bad in application; and nerfed into oblivion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Its not ‘bugged’ just more of the same terrible class design for the necro. It works for power builds, conditions do not benefit at all from it.

Why Anet spent so little thought into the necro I have no idea when you see other classes well done trait lines that makes sense (mesmer and engineer) its really some bullkitten.

I understand wanting a new class created by a company like mesmer to be well done….. but to kitten on a RPG and MMO staple class like Necromancer is bullkitten even if it tends to be an underplayed class in most games. If anything should of spent less time making the thief into god mode, add stealth add daggers and its going to be a popular class in anygame.

Woops guess i got side tracked… yeah the trait works I tested it.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

they thought they had a nifty profession mechanic in DS, but ended up side tracked because it either under or over performed in testing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

The DS concept was great I liked the originality…. kitten shame the did not finish the project of the necro class in time for release.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

I loved how DS worked in beta, it was amazing. Now its just such a let down. The life blast can miss so often that it is a waste to use it in most cases, the dark path teleport projectile is slow it often times wont hit your target. The fear is a joke unless you want to devote so many traits to giving it damage or lasting longer and even then its a joke. Skill 4 is the only good one we have for DS now.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Depends, DS 1 is still nice for smacking mobs when traited for vulnerability+penetration, might and fury. Sure, it’s no 100-blades but it sure delivers some hurt. Then again, i seems that PVE is devolving into a kite fest…

With every profession having access to a ranged attack of some sort, and mobs being basically brainless unless champ or higher, you can simply circle strafe to victory with the auto-fire…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

DS is col, but works only for a power build.. and for minion, but sometimes is a waste of time pushing f1.. i hope will be changing.. more than never i’ll go in the mist with my mesmer, leaving necro in pve, e this is not fun

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Well mesmer and thief has the ability to confound the player, not just the toon.

In the mesmers case being able to spawn lookalikes while stealthing, breaking target lock.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Sometimes I just want to punch someone when thinking the Devs actually thought DS was so uber powerful that they nerfed it into oblivion prior to release. I mean, was Jon’s comment on mastering DS in regards to the Beta DS or the post release DS.

DS is kitten unless you spec into it (and I mean all the way into it) and go power build. Thanks anet.