Teach me How to be a master MM

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I think that MM is a God XD
’m a MM ( in both gw1 and gw2 ).
I got 5 80es characters ( MM necro , trapper ranger , demolisher engineer , cleric guardian , signet/shout/banner warrior ).
I think that MM is the best one and I’m the last man standing in dungeons.
In PvP , I can kill any one ( I killed 4 players at once while camping ).
You just need to know how to control them and keep them alive.
My build >> http://tinyurl.com/opjsdrw
Soldier armor will grant you much Toughness and some Vitality so you won’t worry if they killed ur minions.
begin the fight with staff ( land all marks ) then switch to dagger/focus ( you will get might when switching ) , use 4th and 5th skills , 3rd to immobilize your foe , transform to DS and use 5th skills and 3rd ( to increase 5th skill damage by 200% ) , after that use 4th skill to heal your minions , 2nd to tele to your foe , return to your normal form and spam dagger chain attack , then switch to staff …… and so on.. ( This is how I play )
(Remember that Dagger chain attack is the strongest attack for necros even than axe )

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

OMG…

@knbBlack templar:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Sikari-s-Push-to-Revive-the-MM-Necro/first

Check this thread. Ronpierce did a great job.

My hopinion: Minion Mancer has no good design; it’s pretty raw and somehow it’s a slighly decent build.
It is funny for generic pve and pvp but it’s not competitive in advanced game. In Fractals and World event it suffers heavily from Aoes, in competitive pvp it’s not really competitive, it’s pretty situational.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Im testing out something pretty funky.

20/0/20/0/30

I’m using the disposable minions as a Life Force generator to fuel a high powered death shroud build. I love Final Rest staff so I want a build that doesn’t force me to swap away from it. Anyway I took the 50% crit in DS trait.

I got my stats to 2k power, 1.3k vit, 1.3k tough, 400 condi dmg, 70% crit dmg and 26% crit. So in DS I have 76% crit before food buffs. Not having to stat so much prec frees me up to stat vitality and condition damage in the form of Carrion gear. Since I get my power to the soft cap with food and stone, I use corruption sigil on my staff.

I’m running runes of speed atm (no pun intended) for the vit and run duration. 20% swiftness + 20% boon duration + -20% recharge on spectral means 1 button perma swiftness. Of course that means I have to choose between marks making life force or piercing lifeblasts…….

Finally, I use Shadow, wurm and golem as my minions. The first two are generate Life force. Also Spectral walk + Wurm teleport is awesome. You can really throw a chasing enemy for a loop with it.

Not too great in zerg since minions just insta die. You can put the worm in the back then Spectral walk into the blob. DS 5+4+3+2, then when they all focus you, teleport out and XD at them.

EDIT Whoops, for some reason I thought bone minions created life force when they die. Oh well, I like shadow too.

(edited by Lorelei.3918)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Hao2b mastor MM:
1) Actually play with minions a lot. Out of every general build type, they are the hardest to really use well. They have the most nuances of anything, there is just a lot of special things that they have that you don’t see with other builds (due to them having AI, so many traits, so many skills etc.)
2) Do testing. You need to know the above to use them well. Just like a power necro needs to understand how to stay in dagger range and setup wells, you need to learn how to setup minion burst, CC chain, use their actives, keep them up, and the other stuff that comes with the build.
3) Don’t feel constrained to use the 20/0/30/20/0 build with all minions on your bar. They are still utility skills just like the rest. You can use minions without traits, you can use just one minion, you can trait just a little or a lot. They have the same flexibility of other skills, so remember it.
4) Playplayplay. Like everything you just need experience.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

The MAIN MM build is 20/0/20/20/0 the last 10 points you either put into death magic for minion death nova. Or into blood magic for minion condition leech.

You main weapon will be a staff, secondary is USUALLY Axe/Focus the secondary weapon can be swapped pretty fluidly for what you might want more of. Focus gives you a regen/vulnerabilty and a VERY crucial 3 boon burn + chilled… I’ve watched people melt after hitting them with that.

You can also run a warhorn for daze ((to interrupt heals)) and locust swarm for a tiny bit of damage + cripple and speedboost.

Dagger makes a great, albeit, subpar alternative to focus. You can transfer 3 of your conditions and blind to a target and a weak bleed + weakness, good for keeping your minions alive.

The minions you’ll want are bloodfiend by default, bone minions ((These little kittens crush when you blow them up and if you have the death-nova trait with 30 in death magic they have poison tacked on)) bone fiend for oncall immobile then either shadow fiend of fleshwurm ((I prefer flesh worm because it’s VERY tank and has the stun-break warp tacked onto him))

The gear you usually want to focus on is full invaders/sentinel gear Pwr/vit/toughness This gives you some decent frontloaded damage and a TON of survivabiltiy… Remember your death shroud is 66% of your MAXIMUM hp

P.S listen to Bhawb the dude knows his stuff on minions.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

You main weapon will be a staff, secondary is USUALLY Axe/Focus the secondary weapon can be swapped pretty fluidly for what you might want more of. Focus gives you a regen/vulnerabilty and a VERY crucial 3 boon burn + chilled… I’ve watched people melt after hitting them with that.

You can also run a warhorn for daze ((to interrupt heals)) and locust swarm for a tiny bit of damage + cripple and speedboost.

Dagger makes a great, albeit, subpar alternative to focus. You can transfer 3 of your conditions and blind to a target and a weak bleed + weakness, good for keeping your minions alive.

Just a note on weapons. I’ve had a lot of builds without staff. Staff is a good general purpose MM weapon, and you’ll want it in 90% of your MM builds, but dagger/axe is really strong, even more so now that minions can aggro regardless of your personal range (so dagger can aggro at like 2000 range).

I’d consider dagger generally subpar so long as you are using bone fiend (better immob) and aren’t doing a berzerker/self damage build (which is totally viable), however I like it in super-tanky builds (0/0/30/30/0 with 10 for whatever) and in personal damage builds with minions on the side.

The minions you’ll want are bloodfiend by default, bone minions ((These little kittens crush when you blow them up and if you have the death-nova trait with 30 in death magic they have poison tacked on)) bone fiend for oncall immobile then either shadow fiend of fleshwurm ((I prefer flesh worm because it’s VERY tank and has the stun-break warp tacked onto him))

Don’t run Blood Fiend in PvP until you are comfortable with minions overall. He can be really strong, but he is the hardest minion to use well, and the lack of a reliable big heal hurts most people. Once you know how/when to use him he can be great though (and in PvE go ahead and use him). Shadow Fiend is also really situational. Not bad, but he’s niche.

The gear you usually want to focus on is full invaders/sentinel gear Pwr/vit/toughness This gives you some decent frontloaded damage and a TON of survivabiltiy… Remember your death shroud is 66% of your MAXIMUM hp

Soldiers is the best all around, however minions are incredibly flexible. You can run zerker minions (not my cup of tea but fun), any gear can work with them (even condi, if you are running a condi minion setup), just throw together what works best for you. I generally swap between pow/tough/vit and pow/tough/healing.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

OMG…

@knbBlack templar:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Sikari-s-Push-to-Revive-the-MM-Necro/first

Check this thread. Ronpierce did a great job.

My hopinion: Minion Mancer has no good design; it’s pretty raw and somehow it’s a slighly decent build.
It is funny for generic pve and pvp but it’s not competitive in advanced game. In Fractals and World event it suffers heavily from Aoes, in competitive pvp it’s not really competitive, it’s pretty situational.

It’s not my thread, topic starter delete first message :/

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian