Tempest shouts take a dump on Reaper shouts.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I feel so bad for reapers this xpac. They got screwed over big time.

Tempest gets aoe stunbreaks and superspeed, more fire and water fields for blasting and aoe heals+condition removal and immobilize, not to mention that famous aoe damage elementalists are known for.

Their shouts don’t decrease in effectiveness against single targets. They serve as combos, for damaging and utility of the group.

Not much is gonna change with necromancer this xpac at this rate.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eneldiar.9670

Eneldiar.9670

I like the reaper, personally. The idea of having a greatsword that’s slow but hits like a truck seems really fun for the “dark -magic/melee” character type.

I definitely agree with you, though. When the Reaper’s shouts were revealed they were rather underwhelming. Though I see usefulness for some of them, it’s difficult to justify most of them over skills we already have even when specced as a Reaper. I haven’t seen the tempest shouts yet, but I’m sure when I see them I’m going to feel the same way you do lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ashur.6403

Ashur.6403

It is curious that both the necro and ele are getting shouts. After seeing this reveal I’m wondering if the ele is getting the shouts and the reaper gets something different. Or if anet just plans to give both shouts. Without seeing the final numbers I can’t say for sure which are better, but given anet’s history of balance, ele shouts will probably far outclass the necros.

Dark Lord Sutekh – Necromancer
Henge of Denravi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Eneldiar.9670

It is curious that both the necro and ele are getting shouts. After seeing this reveal I’m wondering if the ele is getting the shouts and the reaper gets something different. Or if anet just plans to give both shouts. Without seeing the final numbers I can’t say for sure which are better, but given anet’s history of balance, ele shouts will probably far outclass the necros.

This is far from impossible. Reaper was one of the first elites they put out, so if they realize after producing others that the Reaper has weak utility skills, it’s far from set in stone.

in Necromancer

Posted by: cali.1496

cali.1496

ele dev > necro dev

just lol look at the kitten shouts https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reaper

(edited by cali.1496)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I just came here to make this same thread.

It’s like necro is being balanced for a whole different game where everyone is much weaker. I just don’t get it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Mhh i dont think the reaper shouts would be bad if the numbers were right. Too bad they are not…

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Mhh i dont think the reaper shouts would be bad if the numbers were right. Too bad they are not…

I only now realised just how pathetic the reaper shouts are. Up to 1.5s to 2 s cast time? Lol.

And “You are all weaklings!” must be the lamest sounding shout ever.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Eneldiar.9670

I only now realised just how pathetic the reaper shouts are. Up to 1.5s to 2 s cast time? Lol.

This last part is so true lol. Other than “nothing can save you” none of them sound all that reaper-like. “chilled to the bone” isn’t something you’d hear from a death god chasing someone down for their soul, nor are most of the others.

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Yepp the long casttimes kill most of the shouts. In my opinion they should be 1/2 seconds max with the exeption of the elite which should be 1 second.

But honestly the names dont really matter so who cares if they sound lame or not…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Bias is bias is bias and theses dev’s have a lot of bias. I have yet again grown tired of this game. Reaper will be for pve only because the mobs won’t move. In pvp it will be stupid compared to the other class. Slow in pvp = dead. No mobility slow hitting = dodged attacks, no damage and simple to get away from. My hats the reaper folks. Have fun

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Well at least it looks like warriors aren’t the ones getting the break bar

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Datamining shows that they are via a trait. It sounds like the Tempest break bar is just a part of overloading Earth.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The reaper shouts are awful. Was anybody ever excited by any of them?

Oh yeah, one of them is a stun break and might see use because the Necromancer’s competing stun breaks are garbage.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Oh yeah, one of them is a stun break and might see use because the Necromancer’s competing stun breaks are garbage.

NCSY looks pretty good. 4-9 seconds of unblockability, plus an unblockable 2 boon rip on a 35 second cooldown? Pretty good to me.

That one and YAAW (mainly for AoE weakness and stun break every 25 seconds) look pretty decent to me. The rest? nope.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Afaik they removed the stun break from “Suffer!”, so yeah…. Edit: Just realized you are talking about YaaW, so nvm.

The heal and the Vuln Shout might be ok-ish, but other than that I can´t understand why anyone would be excited for “Summon up to 5 jagged turds!”, “Suffer from this extremely long CD!” or “Pls interrupt me while I channel this 2sec. cast time elite-skill!”.

(edited by Skoigoth.9238)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

Just give up guys ….. I don’t bieleve necro gs will be any gud old meta classes has much more to offer to a group …
I rolled to Reventant farming gold for ascensed heavy gear …farewell

in Necromancer

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

I have come to realize that necros in general reaper in this case is not meant to be played 1v1 or offensive it’s more like the guy who will tank all the ccs, all the dmg and in the end die so that your team can have a chance to deal some dmg. I mean those cast times and slow hitting attacks are only effective against mobs. We are like supports, cause all the recent updates necro got that weren’t completely destroying him enhanced more his supportive abilities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

I have come to realize that necros in general reaper in this case is not meant to be played 1v1 or offensive it’s more like the guy who will tank all the ccs, all the dmg and in the end die so that your team can have a chance to deal some dmg. I mean those cast times and slow hitting attacks are only effective against mobs. We are like supports, cause all the recent updates necro got that weren’t completely destroying him enhanced more his supportive abilities.

Which is a concept so kittenty they should immediatly scrap it and make a full rework. >.<

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Don’t be so negative. Tempest does not seem appeling at the moment.

Overloading is going to hurt the ele more then it will offer especially with the cc in place (mesmer instant interrupts will kill this).

Secondly warhorn has to compete with dagger and focus. Competing with dagger offhand means competing with fire grab and ring of fire which are very strong. Competing with focus means competing with swirling wind, magnetic wave and obsidian flesh.

Shouts have to compete with cantrips and honestly I don’t see any ele giving up cantrips any time soon.

The only good that I can see comming from tempest are the traits, but with the minors being about overload I don’t find it very likely.

EverythingOP

(edited by Tim.6450)

in Necromancer

Skoigoth.9238

@Slapinator: Problem is that we can´t really provide unique and/or potent team support without seriously gimping ourselves and we aren´t really good at bunkering either, because our ability to face-tank heavily depends on our LF generation, which we can´t do we are getting CCed into oblivion (apart from popping SA and hope that it´ll be enough lol).

So what are we good at in sPvP? Corrupting Boons and sending back Conditions, both of which only really work because SoS exists in its current form, period.
This whole theme of Necros being “selfish and slow-but-unstoppable harbingers of death” may sound sweet, but just doesn´t work out at all.

And a set of Shouts that range from mediocre to unusable doesn´t help either X)

Don’t be so negative. Tempest does not seem appeling at the moment.

Compared to what? The current DD builds? I agree, but if you already have access to a borderline broken-as-kitten build you aren´t exactly in need for improvement

(edited by Skoigoth.9238)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nightwin.6423

Nightwin.6423

Well Reaper still has the potential to have very hight dps with their ds so all we can hope now is to have high numbers and for them not to be nerfed
And commen Tempest overdrive skills their so cool

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Ehhhhhhh, I’ll wait till I see the traits. The aoe stunbreak is nice as well as the aoe heal but….I’ll wait till I see actual numbers and how they function as well as see the traits.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

I was waiting for you guys to start complaining, here is the first post, congrats.
1. L2P or gtfo
2. You haven’t seen or practiced kitten and already complaining → Makes me remember 15yo teenage girls.
3. We already have a warhorn

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

When reaper shouts were revealed i knew i would never use them. This just rubs salt in the wound.

in Necromancer

Skoigoth.9238

Not gonna lie, that one made me chuckle a bit :>

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

I was waiting for you guys to start complaining, here is the first post, congrats.
1. L2P or gtfo
2. You haven’t seen or practiced kitten and already complaining -> Makes me remember 15yo teenage girls.

Little late then? We complain about the reaper shouts since we saw them on stream…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The problem is Robert Gee is a pvp designer. His job with the mesmer was similar. Most of the new/revamped traits were of pvp focus, mostly based on interrupts which don’t even work on pve due to the defiance mechanics not counting the skill as an interrupt unless the stacks were stripped. And so mesmer is still mostly valuable for the portal and time warp, his sustained damage and AI issues were not fixed.

Same applies to necro. Lots of pvp niche traits, little of substance for PvE.

Meanwhile Eles and warriors and thieves show the versatility in development.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

As someone who plays elementalist a lot, I can say that most eles that spec into tempest in pvp, assuming a cele water/arcane/temp set up will probably still run lightning flash and armor of earth, simply because they’re too useful, and will be even more useful with attunement overcharges. It will depend on cooldown, but the AoE stunbreak shout looks very strong for countering things like Shiro Rev Jade Wind (3 second AoE stun). The heal could be potentiall used over the signet depending on numbers. The elite shout will probably be used since in pvp, the FGS is the only other elite, and its literally just a glorified taxi.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Ele shouts are better than reaper shouts. But eles wont use them. And thats because eles have plenty of good utility already. Same cant really be said for necro. But we still wont use our shouts. Because even with our limited choice they are still poor.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Ele shouts are better than reaper shouts. But eles wont use them. And thats because eles have plenty of good utility already. Same cant really be said for necro. But we still wont use our shouts. Because even with our limited choice they are still poor.

Pretty much this. The class is designed so poorly from the ground up that the class, reaper or not, really doesn’t have many options when choosing utility skills because certain ones will always be mandatory to compensate for the horrible class design.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

and people wonder why i say kitten the Balance Team for the kitten they are pulling with Necro. we are like the only profession that even when giving suggestions to improve we give nerfs as well, like we have parity with other professions and are just trying to flesh things out without being OP. let us kittening be OP first then we can shave ffs!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

the problem with necro shouts is that they are balance for group fights and mostly for a 1vs1 they are useless and the cast time is too big for them to be any good

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

TBH I vastly prefer the offensive shouts. The only thing im really jealous of is the tempests moving fields.

Ghost Yak

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Actually I like the reaper shouts, they appear to have been changed and I can definitely see myself using them:

- "Your’e all Weaklings now also grants 2 stacks of Stab for each target hit and if im not mistaken that includes clones, minions and pets.

“Suffer” is actually pretty good, the annoying thing about plague is that it can be evaded, with Suffer there is a higher chance that you will still transfer since the shout also affects clones, minions and pets. Another thing about suffer is it can trigger plague on crit trait if you get hit with a condi burst from a thief. Since they can go into stealth immediately after, you can just use the shout and trigger plague instead of waiting for a reveal or another target before critting.

Cast time on chillied to the bone needs to be dropped to 1 1/4 secs and CD reduced to 80secs.

“Your soul is mine” should have another effect on it to make it useful in smaller fights, perhaps fear?

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

- "Your’e all Weaklings now also grants 2 stacks of Stab for each target hit and if im not mistaken that includes clones, minions and pets.

No that is the elite. “You are all weaklings” gives only 1 stack stab like any non instant stunbreak.

in Necromancer

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

What are you guys complain about? Ele shouts cannot compete with summoning jagged horrors. Get real.

obey me

in Necromancer

Ragion.2831

No that is the elite. “You are all weaklings” gives only 1 stack stab like any non instant stunbreak.

Yea 1 stack not 2, still 1 stack per target for 5 stacks. The skill says gain boons for each hit, stability is boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

Yea 1 stack not 2, still 1 stack per target for 5 stacks. The skill says gain boons for each hit, stability is boon

read the skill it gives might not stab

Damage foes around you inflicting conditions on them and giving you boons per foe struck.

Damage Damage: 259
Endurance regeneration decreased by 50%. 50% of hits are Glancing Blows (50% damage). Stacks duration. Weakness (6s): -50% Endurance Regeneration, 50% Fumble (Unrestricted)
Increased outgoing damage; stacks intensity.4 Might (4s): +120 Power, +120 Condition Damage
Miscellaneous effect.png Number of Targets: 5
Radius.png Radius: 600

in Necromancer

Ragion.2831

read the skill it gives might not stab

Damage foes around you inflicting conditions on them and giving you boons per foe struck.

Damage Damage: 259
Endurance regeneration decreased by 50%. 50% of hits are Glancing Blows (50% damage). Stacks duration. Weakness (6s): -50% Endurance Regeneration, 50% Fumble (Unrestricted)
Increased outgoing damage; stacks intensity.4 Might (4s): +120 Power, +120 Condition Damage
Miscellaneous effect.png Number of Targets: 5
Radius.png Radius: 600

According to the video below the skill now also gives stability as well as might. The skill gives boons per target hit, stability and might are boons. We get 4 stacks of might per target for 20 stacks, if stab is also on the skill and is a boon, does that not mean 1 stack of stab per target for 5 stacks? 1 stack of stab per target makes sense for a stun break that is meant to be area effective.

Shouts starts at 1:30

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Datamining shows that they are via a trait. It sounds like the Tempest break bar is just a part of overloading Earth.

Oh god seriously.. I’m still salty about how it would’ve perfectly fit this pve boss mentality the devs have about reaper

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

As far as I can tell we have no hard info on any of the Elementalist shouts, only that they seem decently designed. Except ours are also well designed except for Rise!, so I really don’t get the complaining.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Ragion.2831

As far as I can tell we have no hard info on any of the Elementalist shouts, only that they seem decently designed. Except ours are also well designed except for Rise!, so I really don’t get the complaining.

lol neither do I

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I am actually in agreement. I like how ‘suffer!’ works a lot, it really fits the theme of a front line set up.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

I started necro 3 years ago for the advertised attrition gameplay. Now I have more faith in Shiro to do that than necro…

At least some of our new skills try to scale. That’s a first. See you in 3 years.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

it’s people like you who think that Reaper can even exist in a world with professions like Mesmer and Thief who can interrupt us at will and reset a fight if they are partially afk and we somehow able to get some damage skills off. just go and see what Helseth did to Leeto on Youtube the other day and tell me just how the kitten Reaper and our shouts will ever deter that and that’s excluding the Mesmer Chronomancer Spec. face it, we are kittened and pretending like we are good is NOT going to help us one bit.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

it’s people like you who think that Reaper can even exist in a world with professions like Mesmer and Thief who can interrupt us at will and reset a fight if they are partially afk and we somehow able to get some damage skills off. just go and see what Helseth did to Leeto on Youtube the other day and tell me just how the kitten Reaper and our shouts will ever deter that and that’s excluding the Mesmer Chronomancer Spec. face it, we are kittened and pretending like we are good is NOT going to help us one bit.

When you manage to unlodge your head from your kitten let me know. Reaper isn’t any slower than other builds on other professions which have been viable, and Reaper actually has pretty good options to deal with mobile builds, as well as deal with CC. So long as they address some of the Shout cast times, which I have been pretty vocal I’m not optimistic about, we’ll be fine.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Necros are crap and will remain crap because they just do not understand the fundamental issues no matter how many times they are brought up and no matter how many iterations of the problems make it to these boards. Nobody there cares jack about this class at least there is certainly an absence of any concern about our plight just research the boards it speaks volumes.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

in Necromancer

Ragion.2831

Necros are crap and will remain crap because they just do not understand the fundamental issues no matter how many times they are brought up and no matter how many iterations of the problems make it to these boards. Nobody there cares jack about this class at least there is certainly an absence of any concern about our plight just research the boards it speaks volumes.

the only things necro needed was a way to handle getting stun locked and an escape and we get those with reaper. If you have somehow manufactured more issues then you probably need more practise.

Only thing left now is to adjust chilled to the bone and chilling darkness