Terror Data - Durations

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Did some extensive testing on duration lengths using different levels of condition duration, in combination with the Sigil of Paralyzation.

Everything look relatively linear, in making due consideration that the video recording software is not accurate really beyong 10ths of seconds or so at the level I am recording at.

The only unusual fact, is that at 75% duration and onward, if you had in the Sigil, you can get three ticks with fear now. The duration from testing still seems to be less than the 3 seconds required to get the third tick.. but for some reason it always happens. (Turns out its a multiplier)

Welcoming any additional input or questions/comments.

All testing was done with DS3 fear, within 600 range. (base of 1.5 seconds)

See table below:

EDIT: See other table for the theoretical values that seem to match more or less the testing I did. I am going to take those figures for fact at this point.

Attachments:

(edited by Rennoko.5731)

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: krippler.9826

krippler.9826

This was done with no other conditions applied correct? So with other conditions applied, it would still be possible to get 3 ticks if the fear is above 2s, right?

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

This was done with no other conditions applied correct? So with other conditions applied, it would still be possible to get 3 ticks if the fear is above 2s, right?

Yes, thats correct. These fears were all cast on clean mobs.

EDIT: I have a video… but its boring, so I decided to not upload it. Watching me cast fear 50 time isn’t exactly amazing stuff.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: cyst.3108

cyst.3108

ive been hearing that the new DS5 is awesome but… i cant play much ill try to test it, but in the meantime can i know for how much does it procs with 1000+ condition damage? i mean, can you please test. DS 5+4 and let me know for how much it ticks (both terror and torment with at least 1000 condition damage plz?

After June 25 im like… 90% happier

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Fear will probably be changed to not work with those sigils if that’s the case. Three ticks seems a little too much. If they are all doing, say 1.2k each, with just three fears that’s over 9k damage while being CC’d on top of every other condition we’ve added. That’s assuming they don’t stun break, of course.

Seems like way too much.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

cyst.3108

no, it just give us… a reason to play necro u.u.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Fear will probably be changed to not work with those sigils if that’s the case. Three ticks seems a little too much. If they are all doing, say 1.2k each, with just three fears that’s over 9k damage while being CC’d on top of every other condition we’ve added. That’s assuming they don’t stun break, of course.

Seems like way too much.

A 3 tick fear is only going to be doom=DS#3 from less than 600 distance, every other fear is basically same as before so 2 ticks max.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If you know, in b4 with necromancer runes you had 1.7 sec, and with nightmare 1.6 basic 1 sec fear (0/30/10/10/20). Both were ticking terror twice. Paralyz sigil works the same way, but now long Doom is 2.25 with Master of Terror + 15% from that which gives you a little bit more than 2.5 so you have 3rd tick. With proper build each tick will be about 1300-1400 in tpvp and can grow up to about 1500-1600 in W3 from what I remember

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

cyst.3108

Seems like way too much.

A 3 tick fear is only going to be doom=DS#3 from less than 600 distance, every other fear is basically same as before so 2 ticks max.

im new to the necros, eh… ive a lv 0 necro (still deciding if female asura, female human, male charr XD). but ive playd a lot of spvp with condition necro about 7-10 months ago, and my question is, does terror deal any good damage?

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Actually based on my findings, if the target already has a condition, you are looking at a 40% chance to get 4 terror ticks from doom. Or if you can time it right.

The only reason I wanted to point this out, is that there is still value to the para sigil after 75% duration. And anyone running a build similar to mine with 80% duration, is going to be missing out on a good .3-.4 seconds of fear.

Not worth dropping burning if you ask me to get master of terror. And its too bad you can’t really in good faith drop greater marks. Master of terror remains out of reach.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

The 4 second fears are most likely to be stun broken too though. Of course we have so many fears now a lot of nervous players are likely to blow it on the wrong one and eat the bigger ones.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gabi P.3094

Gabi P.3094

If all the times in that table are dead accurate, a potential explanation for x.93s duration of fear generating (x+1)s terror ticks would be a .7s delay between doom’s damage and the application of fear, as the damage starts the combat timer that fear synchronizes with.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

If all the times in that table are dead accurate, a potential explanation for x.93s duration of fear generating (x+1)s terror ticks would be a .7s delay between doom’s damage and the application of fear, as the damage starts the combat timer that fear synchronizes with.

They aren’t.

Reasons why:

Tested with recording software where each frame doesn’t represent a 100th of a second.

Also the concept of fear being “complete” is not really clear.

There were many times the mobs I was fearing would start turning to come back and attack me while the icon was still on him. There were other times the mob would continue running past when the Icon was gone. Lag can account for all of this, but the numbers in the table were really for general reference. I would say they are all fairly close. The questionable ones I tested 3-4 times and took the best representative one.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: FearSeven.6357

FearSeven.6357

74% condition/fear duration + 15% Sigil of Paralyzation = 100% fear duration

1.74 * 1.15 = 2.001

This will make a 1s fear tick 2 times and DS3 within 600 range 3 times.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

74% condition/fear duration + 15% Sigil of Paralyzation = 100% fear duration

1.74 * 1.15 = 2.001

This will make a 1s fear tick 2 times and DS3 within 600 range 3 times.

I swear somtimes I am such a dunce. This is exactly it.

It is a multiplier. I ran some quick calculations and the +sigil times are VERY close to that multipler. Thank you for the supporting evidence.

Now I feel link of like the testing was a giant waste… oh well!

EDIT: Updating original post with theoretical values, which are basically right it seems.

(edited by Rennoko.5731)

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: sas.6483

sas.6483

So, will the new meta be everybody wearing two runes of Melandru to reduce the damage they take from a terror by 1/2 to 1/3rd?

- Dr Ebola

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

So, will the new meta be everybody wearing two runes of Melandru to reduce the damage they take from a terror by 1/2 to 1/3rd?

Only if the meta is Terrormancers melting everyone who doesn’t.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

I was under the impression that condition duration rounded to the nearest quarter of a second. Correct me if i’m wrong, i’m interesting in this mechanic.

Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition_Duration

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I was under the impression that condition duration rounded to the nearest quarter of a second. Correct me if i’m wrong, i’m interesting in this mechanic.

Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition_Duration

Tooltips always round to the nearest quarter of a second. But the conditions applied in game are much more exact, and are accurate to at least a tenth of a second.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Tobbygnome.6793

ahk makes sense cheers

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

This post will get necro nurfed…Good job m8.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Tobbygnome.6793

lol every thread created in the last 2 days will get necros nerfed :P

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I don’t think there will be a nerf to a class only because of a Sigil…

On topic:

If I cast fear without the Sigil and then switch to a weapon with it while fear is still on the target… is the remaining duration increased?

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

On topic:

If I cast fear without the Sigil and then switch to a weapon with it while fear is still on the target… is the remaining duration increased?

Why is there something rather than nothing? Is our universe real? Do we have free will? All philosophically deep question that we should try to answer.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Vem.8649

Lord Vem.8649

On topic:

Why is there something rather than nothing? Is our universe real? Do we have free will? All philosophically deep question that we should try to answer.

Sigh, the poor guy tries to bring it back on topic and you go all existential on him. So anyway, BACK ON TOPIC:

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

On topic:

The duration of the condition is calculated when that condition is applied. So no, if you cast it and swapped, it would not increase the druation.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: sas.6483

sas.6483

Only if the meta is Terrormancers melting everyone who doesn’t.

To hear the sPvP forum speak of it, this is indeed the new meta.

We can only hope the ANet devs actually think things through before they try to appease the masses.

- Dr Ebola

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Impressive effort Rennoko.

I tested the same way right after the patch hit and can confirm that these results are pretty much spot on. I was just too lazy to document it.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sujiro.3590

Sujiro.3590

Thanks a lot Renoko. It s really helpful.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brayzz.6524

Brayzz.6524

That means with 100% fear duration you can get 4 Terror ticks.

Fear duration is 3,45 sec so you have 45% chance to get that 4th tick. Doom will do nearly 4800 DMG.

Go use it before they nerf it

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Fear duration is 3,45 sec so you have 45% chance to get that 4th tick. Doom will do nearly 4800 DMG.

Yes…. I have been trying to find a way to remain with Dumbfire, and still get 100% fear, but there seems to be no good way to do it. Going to make a post to try and drum up some ideas.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: SET.3275

SET.3275

I’m playing necro since the launch (and few BWE). I have a warrior, a mesmer and an engineer, but my main and favorite is the necro. In sPvP(in WvW too) last six months i play terrormancer with condition duration – 4 nightmare runes + 2 Lyssa (30/20/0/0/20). With master trait for fear and 30 points in power/cond duration i had 2 seconds of fear for each Doom casted(enough for dark path to land). Combined with 15% faster DS skill recharge trait i could do this combo once every 17 seconds. Very handy. Almost impossible for anyone to survive on open space, if i fear him when he have 40% health.
NEVER KNEW that sigil of paralization affect fear … and now i see that it not just increase it with 15%, but it is a multiplier for 2.3 seconds in sPvP. It should be 3.45 seconds fear with the new changes.
Now … calculate the 1.5s fear with 50% trait, 20% from 2 giver’s weapons, 20% from runes, 30% from skill points spent in power/cond duration and 40% from food. Multiply the number by 1.15% (sigil of paralyzation) . If the theoretical calculations is correct this is 4.485 SECONDS FEAR IN WvW . I agree that the necros needed the love promised long ago, but this is too much.
Dont you think this is OP ?

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

FearSeven.6357

Yes…. I have been trying to find a way to remain with Dumbfire, and still get 100% fear, but there seems to be no good way to do it. Going to make a post to try and drum up some ideas.

Spite 30%, Fear Runes 20%, Food 36/40%, Sigil 15%.

Even if the Sigil didn’t multiply it would work.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

FearSeven.6357

I’m playing necro since the launch (and few BWE). I have a warrior, a mesmer and an engineer, but my main and favorite is the necro. In sPvP(in WvW too) last six months i play terrormancer with condition duration – 4 nightmare runes + 2 Lyssa (30/20/0/0/20). With master trait for fear and 30 points in power/cond duration i had 2 seconds of fear for each Doom casted(enough for dark path to land). Combined with 15% faster DS skill recharge trait i could do this combo once every 17 seconds. Very handy. Almost impossible for anyone to survive on open space, if i fear him when he have 40% health.
NEVER KNEW that sigil of paralization affect fear … and now i see that it not just increase it with 15%, but it is a multiplier for 2.3 seconds in sPvP. It should be 3.45 seconds fear with the new changes.
Now … calculate the 1.5s fear with 50% trait, 20% from 2 giver’s weapons, 20% from runes, 30% from skill points spent in power/cond duration and 40% from food. Multiply the number by 1.15% (sigil of paralyzation) . If the theoretical calculations is correct this is 4.485 SECONDS FEAR IN WvW . I agree that the necros needed the love promised long ago, but this is too much.

Condition duration is capped at 100%, so you can get max 115% with Sigil.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I think you are misunderstanding the cap limitations.

Fear still caps at 100% duration. The only exception here is that the sigil multiplier applies even at 100%. The absolute max duration you are dealing with is 3.45 for doom.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Ah but you see you are not hitting 100% duration base, before the sigil. It makes a big difference. Right now I am running nightmare runes and have 80% to all conditions, but that extra 20% to all conditions when combined with the sigil of para is over 0.3 extra seconds of fear duration.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

FearSeven.6357

Ah but you see you are not hitting 100% duration base, before the sigil. It makes a big difference. Right now I am running nightmare runes and have 80% to all conditions, but that extra 20% to all conditions when combined with the sigil of para is over 0.3 extra seconds of fear duration.

Yes, getting 100% Condition duration would require to combine two 10% condition duration runes + 1 giver’s weapon. You would sacrifice a lot of condition damage this way, I don’t think it’s worth it.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Yes, getting 100% Condition duration would require to combine two 10% condition duration runes + 1 giver’s weapon. You would sacrifice a lot of condition damage this way, I don’t think it’s worth it.

Right. That is what I am trying to come to terms with.

Our max condition damage is up around 2150 fully buffed up with stacks and food and crystals in WvW. Unfortunately with that setup, you are looking at only 70% duration to all conditions if you want to retain the 30/30/10/0/0 build. The big problem here is that you lose your guaranteed 3 terror ticks on doom.

If you want to increase duration, the easiest option is to go nightmare for 10% more duration, or necromancer for 20% more duration (just to fear). Any other duration choices drop your damage too far. Both of those swaps drop about 90 damage or so from the undead runes bonus.

To get 10% more, you must at this point take a giver’s weapon, which means you drop an additional 90-180 condition damage. Assuming you are on staff, and want to max out reapers mark as well (using necro runes), you are now down 270 condition damage, and 10% duration to all other conditions.

That is a big sacrifice for an extra 0.34 seconds on doom, and 0.2 seconds on reapers mark.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Porch Donkey.1673

Porch Donkey.1673

Maybe I am mistaking something but even with 2141 cond dmg I still can’t get those 1-1.3k ticks of fear that some have spoken of. The most I got was just over 300 dmg. So someone know what I should do?

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Maybe I am mistaking something but even with 2141 cond dmg I still can’t get those 1-1.3k ticks of fear that some have spoken of. The most I got was just over 300 dmg. So someone know what I should do?

Your confusing the direct damage the fear hits for (very small very minor) with the damage DOT that ticks during the fear. Pops up like a bleed, but obviously its a much larger number.

ALso you need 20 points in curses for TERROR, and a condition on the taret for the bigger damage ticks. Without terror it doesn’t do damage over time.

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Posted by: Battletorn.4102

Battletorn.4102

Which set of charts is accurate?

www.WvWStrategy.net Get loot bags.

[ONE] Fight as One http://fightasone.enjin.com

Terror Data - Durations

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

The top chart was the testing I did, the bottom chart is the theoretical values that seem to follow my testing. So if you want a figure to run off of, use the bottom chart. The testing data was to try and determine who the sigil was interacting with fear, which is as a multiple.