Terror as a minor trait would solve a lot

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

The current uproar about the Curses trait arrangement is actually more about Master of Corruption and the nerf to Consume Conditions.

But what if Terror was no longer a master major trait?

And what if the rest of the new traits stayed like they are except the minor traits are changed to include Terror:

• adept: Barbed Precision: 20% bleeding duration + 66% chance to inflict 2 sec of bleeding.
  • master: Furious Demise: When you enter shroud, gain fury for 5 seconds. And your critical hit chance is increased by 2% for each condition on your target.
  • grandmaster: Terror. Additionally you gain condition damage equal to 13% of your precision.

If these changes were implemented your choice for condition builds in the master tier would be Master of Corruption vs Path of Corruption.

Clearly MoC would win for most builds, but corrupting boons is actually buffed with other traits and skills, so how much do you really need Path of Corruption?

Path of Corruption would still see some use in builds that aren’t using corruption skills, like spoj pointed out in a different thread:

Whatever you do to curses. I feel like it should maintain the choice to take 3 debuff traits. So that means chilling darkness, path of corruption and weakening shroud.

And it [Path of Corruption] doesnt have the negative aspect of bonus self harm conditions on use like MoC does. Which as a power debuffer I wont necessarily have access to a transfer to deal with.

Basically, merging Terror into the minors would have the following results:

1. All condition builds that use corruption skills (including Consume Conditions) are free to take Master of Corruption without compromising the essence of a true condi necro by giving up Terror.
Bonus self-applied condis aside, this would mean a semi decent buff in regards to the cooldowns of Consume Conditions and Corrupt Boon which are found on almost every necro’s skill bar in PvP.

2. Other builds will be free to take PoC if they would get little or no return on traiting corruptions.

3. There would be a free slot in the master tier.
How about we revive the current version of Target the Weak for this one: +2% damage for each condition on your target.
This stays true to the general theme of Curses and would provide a viable PvE option for power builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

I’m ok with this. However, would the damage get to be too strong with fear and chill dmg, and burning, and literally every damage condi possible ?

I know condi necro can’t stack massive bleeds like other classes without large investment in it but then again, I don’t really condi necro.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

flow.6043

I’m ok with this. However, would the damage get to be too strong with fear and chill dmg, and burning, and literally every damage condi possible ?

You can trait for all of these condition buffs anyway, the difference would simply be that you don’t end up with a 30 hour cooldown on your healing skill.

Also, Terror isn’t really that strong to begin with, but the point of moving it has the primary purpose of not making Master of Corruption an imposition for necros but an improvement and a cost-effective choice if its alternatives were PoC and a new (power) trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I personally would prefer that Terror be made into an effective burst trait, and condi Necro be shored up so that it wasn’t needed to have Terror. As much as it is a good trait, I don’t think it should be baseline.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I would much rather that Path of Corruption be made the master minor, because having boon removal inside death shroud is very very useful, and it is a choice that almost every build that goes into curse wants to have. I seriously doubt anybody would choose Master of Corruption, which was actually nerfed by separating it from the fall damage trait and tacking on a penalty for taking it, as it is right now. Terror is fine as a master trait, but it should not be pitted against Path of Corruption.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

I seriously doubt anybody would choose Master of Corruption, which was actually nerfed by separating it from the fall damage trait and tacking on a penalty for taking it, as it is right now. Terror is fine as a master trait, but it should not be pitted against Path of Corruption.

I think the issue with Terror is that it’s always going to be a super contested trait that’s pretty fundamental to condi necro, imo that’s why it would be nice as a minor (even with a damage decrease).

I’d like them to replace the fury minor with Terror and move Parasitic Contagion to Master with Path of Corruption moving to Grandmaster. This means each Grandmaster has a unique flavour to it; high weakness uptime/condi burst, boon corruption and increased condi pressure (dem scepter auto bleeds) respectively.

Obviously there’s now a free Master slot so there’s even more room for adding interesting traits into the Curses line. Personally I’d also reduce the cd reduction on Master of Corruption to 20% (and reduce Consume Conditions cd back to 25 seconds) otherwise it’ll become the must have trait for everything.

Shadowplasm – Thief
Daphne Laureola – Necromancer

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Just to clarify, I am in favour of Terror being a minor, and regardless, I’m also in favour Consume Conditions getting the Shelter-treatment.

However, with the suggestion I made here I’m simply stating that Terror freeing up a slot in master tier would actually lessen the blow we got to all of our corruption skills, which includes our only viable heal.

Terror is a trait that just fits into every condition build with every other Curses trait, there is not a single condi necro that wouldn’t make good use of it. So if Terror stays a major trait, regardless of which tier it is in, there will always be a conflict. Making this universally usable trait a minor, however, would prevent any kind of potential conflict, and to make this happen I would gladly take a damage nerf to Terror.

I personally would prefer that Terror be made into an effective burst trait, and condi Necro be shored up so that it wasn’t needed to have Terror.

I doubt this would work.
First of all, buffing necro to be strong enough without Terror and at the same time amping up Terror to be a stronger burst would just result in an even stronger combo if you pick the trait. So in that case, why wouldn’t you want to have it even more than now?
Also, for Terror to become a true burst trait, its damage would need to at least double, and it would have to do all it’s damage at once instead of per tick, basically a copy paste of Static Discharge or Lighting Rod, which kinda defeats the nature of it being tied to a condition.

Anyway, then there’s the nerf to Consume Conditions.
I won’t even start on the vuln that is applied after a full cleanse, but we also get a higher cooldown and then a trait that reduces it again by 33%. Basically a 50% buff to how often you can use your heal, and that makes Master of Corruption without a doubt a mandatory pick. I don’t even care about additional conditions the trait inflicts, you’d be mad not to have this cd reduction for Consume. And at this point any trait that is placed in the same tier against MoC is just dead weight.
As it happens, that would be Terror and Path of Corruption.
If Terror would be moved to a minor slot though, you’d feel less bad for being forced to take Master of Corruption.

As for Path of Corruption:
Like I said already, we get a lot of additional sources for corrupting boons with other traits the next patch, and Master of Corruption would actually reduce the cd of Corrupt Boon by a lot. So while PoC is a nice trait now I doubt it would be very tragic to not have it in the future in every standard condi build.

On another note, it would be possible to have Path of Corruption switch places with Chilling Darkness so PoC is in the same tier as Plague Sending. This matchup would basically give you the choice of a standard corrupt on Shroud #2, or as an alternative the Plague Signet proc which comes with the same effect if traited with Signets of Suffering. This way you could go with a boon corruption of your choice depending on which one provides better synnergy with the rest of your traits.
So with this setup you’d get PoC – Plague Sending – Terrifying Desecnt in adept, and MoC – Chilling Darkness – (new trait) in master. Or alternatively: PoC – Plague S – (new trait) in master and the others in adept.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Or just make it baseline.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I don’t know condition Necromancers are complaining.

You take the plague signet proc, terror, and lingering curse. That’s a solid build.

If you really needed the path of corruption, you’ve got boon converting signets in the spite line. (& You will appreciate not porting youself into melee every time you death shroud). The other trait, Master of Corruption, is so problematic that I imagine some sort of fix will come down the line.

Until then you eat the change to the heal and try to get the lost healing back with a sustain trĂ it somewhere.. The heal was at that cooldown at one point not too long ago. We managed.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Terror is a waste of a slot, the more I think of it.

It is a 50 per cent increase in Fear condition damage. It does not do anything new.

If Terror stays a major trait, i would like it to transfer conditions or corrupt boons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Terror is a waste of a slot, the more I think of it.

It is a 50 per cent increase in Fear condition damage. It does not do anything new.

If Terror stays a major trait, i would like it to transfer conditions or corrupt boons.

It is more than a percent increase in Fear condition damage because fear does 0 damage normally and a 100% increase from 0 is still zero. Terror makes fears deal damage and the damage is boosted 50% when another condition is on the foe as well.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I think we actually need terror to try to keep up pressure. Our condi spec lacks the pressure of a lot of current condi specs.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Do the devs realize that the stupid nerf to cc keeps us in combat? Didn’t Gee specifically say they took away the poison cloud from the curses minor that reduces fall damage because it puts us in combat? Now our heal not only puts us in combat, while every other class has four seconds to get away and reset the fight where we will still be in combat, but it makes us more susceptible to being bursted. I mean mesmers can just wait for us to cast it and then unload and watch us drop in one rotation, let alone thieves. Necro in PVP is done! Too many nerfs, when our class was not even close to competitive. I just don’t get it. Last tournaments proved that Necro was not viable, except for on outlier in a pvp team that has long played together. Eu does not run necros and hasn’t for a long time because they simply are not viable. Nothing has changes, if anything what we did bring to pvp has been weakened.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Do the devs realize that the stupid nerf to cc keeps us in combat? Didn’t Gee specifically say they took away the poison cloud from the curses minor that reduces fall damage because it puts us in combat? Now our heal not only puts us in combat, while every other class has four seconds to get away and reset the fight where we will still be in combat, but it makes us more susceptible to being bursted. I mean mesmers can just wait for us to cast it and then unload and watch us drop in one rotation, let alone thieves. Necro in PVP is done! Too many nerfs, when our class was not even close to competitive. I just don’t get it. Last tournaments proved that Necro was not viable, except for on outlier in a pvp team that has long played together. Eu does not run necros and hasn’t for a long time because they simply are not viable. Nothing has changes, if anything what we did bring to pvp has been weakened.

Yeah, it doesn’t put you in combat.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Yeah, it doesn’t put you in combat.

But it would keep you in combat, no?